He called me by my given name. Twice. He was really serious.

He opened the box to the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was a stunning and large oval ruby with pear shaped diamonds pointing down the white gold band. I covered my mouth with my hand and searched his eyes. I wasn’t expecting anything like this. This was really what he wanted; I could see it shining through his eyes.

“Of course I’ll marry you, Spike,” I whispered, tears of joy sliding down my cheeks.

He slipped the proffered ring onto my finger and stood, kissing me softly on the lips. I could see the tears he was trying to blink away, and decided to distract him. Sorta. “This ring is beautiful,” I breathed against his mouth. He pulled back to look into my eyes.

It was my mothers.” My eyes widened and I looked back down at the ring. “I’ve kept it in a safety deposit box all these years, moving it when I moved, just waiting. I never gave it to Dru. Didn’t think it would be right. Mum wouldn’t have wanted that. But you…you feel like home.”

I looked up at him. “I know what you mean, but for me, it’s so much more. Not only do you feel like home, you feel like heaven too.”

He picked me up and carried me to the bedroom, sitting me on the edge of the bed. He stared into my eyes. “Do you want to…I mean…can I…do I have to…” he nervously stammered.

“Are you trying to ask me if you can claim me now and not wait?” I asked, grinning. He looked relieved that I knew what he had been trying to say and then apprehensive as he anticipated my answer.

“I’ll understand if you don’t want to, pet.”

I shook my head. “No, Spike. I want to be with you in every way possible I want you to make me yours.”

He smiled with barely restrained glee. “I have another surprise for you.”

I blinked at him. “Another one?” I ran a finger over his sharp cheekbone. “Okay, I’ll bite. What is it?”

He unbuttoned his right shirtsleeve and pulled it up. What I saw there made me grin wildly. On his inner forearm was a tattoo of a stake. On the stake in beautiful red script was one word. A name. ‘Buffy.’ “Oh my God, Spike!”

His eyes were full of hope and, though he hid it well, there was self-consciousness as well. People had worked tirelessly to put this insecurity into his head. I knew parts of it were my fault. And Angelus and Drusilla, and I was also betting that there was someone in his days as a human that had caused this. Spike had obviously built up this Big Bad persona to protect himself.

“Do you like it,” he asked worriedly.

I ran my fingers over the ink saturated raised skin. I smiled at him. “I love it, I just can’t believe you did it. When did you have time to do all of this?” I asked, gesturing widely, to the room and the door, hoping he understood I meant the whole planned evening.

He smiled happily at me. “Set up the candles before I left earlier. And remember how I told you I was gonna run errands? I got the Desoto out of storage, and was on my way to the bank to get the ring when I passed the tattoo place. Spur of the moment decision, pet.”

“Well, you always have been impulsive,” I purred, my voice low and seductive.

His eyes darkened and he growled at me. The sound shot straight to my core.

“Oooh, Spike, do it again,” I breathed.

He smirked at me and picked me up, tossing me to the middle of the bed. Shedding his clothes, he jumped on top of me, growling. I could feel the juices seeping through my panties. He ground his hard erection against me and the fabric of my dress became too much between us. I kicked the shoes from my feet as he slid the dress up and over my head. My skin was singing as he touched me, starting at my side and sliding up to cup my breast, his eyes never leaving mine. He leaned in to kiss me and I sighed into his mouth at the rightness of this feeling. I kissed him with fervor, a need that almost startled me.

“Spike…oh god…please!” he was gyrating against my clit and driving me insane. He reached down and tore the thong away from my body as he poised himself at my entrance.

“Is this what you need, baby?” he growled, sliding the tip of his rock hard penis up and down my cleft, covering it in my juices.

I wrapped my legs around him and tried to pull him closer and inside me. He didn’t budge, not that I was trying that hard, but he wanted me to say it and wasn’t going to give in until I did. “Yes, please Spike. I need you inside me,” I whimpered.

He slammed into me and I screamed my pleasure, surely waking everyone in the hotel that was sleeping. Spike chuckled as he began to move slowly inside me. I resisted the urge to flip us over and fuck him for all he was worth. This was Spike’s seduction and I would gladly play along. He swiveled his hips and his cock hit that amazing bundle of nerves that no one else had ever found. All conscious thought left me as I gasped and threw my head back. He started thrusting more wildly.

I thrust my hips up to meet him, squeezing my internal muscles making his eyes flash gold. Growling, he let his face shift.

“I love your human face.” He looked startled and started to shift back, stilling within me, but I shook my head. “No, just listen. I love your human face. You’re the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I have thought that since the very first time I saw you. Willow and I talked about it for hours afterwards. Then, when I saw you again at Parent Teacher night, and you were all grr, you were even more beautiful to me. You could smell me, so I’m sure you’ve always known I wanted you. It was your face I saw when I was…with Angel. It was the kisses we shared during Willow’s spell that sustained me while I was with Riley. You are everything my body knew I wanted when I was too stupid to let my head catch up. You are everything I never knew I always wanted…if that makes any sense at all and I’m just babbling now so you should really silence me by kissing me or som…”

And he did.

I let my tongue dart out and I licked his elongated teeth. He groaned and bucked his hips.

“Buffy, luv…I need…can I…” he strained.

I offered up my neck. “Make me yours, Spike. Please.”

He leaned down and licked my neck over the pulse point. He sucked hard to bring the blood to the surface as I thrust my hips at him. He bit down and took three long pulls of my blood and I shuttered in pleasure beneath him. “MINE,” He growled.

“Yours, Spike. Forever.” I leaned up a little and sunk my blunt teeth into my lover’s corded neck. I had to use all my jaw strength just to break his skin. I sucked his cool coppery blood into my mouth three times, letting it slide down my throat. “Mine,” I growled against his skin.

I could feel his cold seed bursting inside me as he roared, “Yours forever, Buffy. ‘ve always been yours.”

His orgasm triggered mine. As I came, I felt something snap into place, like the missing piece of the puzzle was finally found. I could feel Spike, not just his body around me, but I could feel him at the edge of my mind. Pictures and words raced through my head as I tried to make sense of it all. I concentrated and everything slowed down.

```````````````````````````````````
“Nice work, love.”
“Who are you?”
“You'll find out on Saturday.”
“What happens on Saturday?”
“I kill you.”

``````````````````````````````````````
“It's just so sudden. I don't know what to say.”
“Just say yes, and make me the happiest man on earth.”
“Oh, Spike! Of course it's yes!”

````````````````````````````````````````
“You think we're dancing?”
“That's all we've ever done.”

`````````````````````````````````````````````
“I know you'll never love me. I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man, and that's... Get your stuff. I'll be here.”

```````````````````````````````````````````````
“How long was I gone?”
“Hundred forty-seven days yesterday. Uh ... hundred forty-eight today. 'Cept today doesn't count, does it?”

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Tell me you love me.”
“I love you. You know I do.”
“Tell me you want me.”
“I always want you.”

````````````````````````````````
“You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. You risked everything to be a better man. And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you, Spike.”

````````````````````````````````````````````````
“You listen to me. I’ve been alive a bit longer than you and dead a lot longer than that. I’ve seen things you couldn’t imagine and done things I’d prefer you didn’t. I don’t exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn’t exactly rush in the direction of my brain so I make a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years and there’s only one thing I’ve ever been sure of. You. Hey, look at me. I’m not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it’s not because I want you, or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You’re the one, Buffy.”

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
“I love you.”
“No, you don’t. But thanks for saying it.”

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
We both came out of our trance like state at the same time. I was crying. ‘Well,’ I thought to myself, ‘at least I didn’t have to relive all the horrible things I did to you.’ I didn’t want to say that out loud. It sounded so selfish. It’s not like neither of us knew they happened, but things were different now. I never wanted to think of those things again.

‘I know what you mean, pet. A fresh start, this is.” I heard Spike’s voice echo in my head.

‘Spike,’ I thought, ‘are you thinking at me?’

He chuckled aloud. “Yeah, pet. I told you some claimants could communicate telepathically. Think of all the mean things we can say about people and they won’t ever know.” He grinned down at me and brushed kisses across my eyelids. “And no one can ever break this claim. It’s eternal. We have forever to make up for all the bloody stupid things we’ve done and said to each other. Eternity to bask in our love.”

The hope that filled his cerulean eyes was so pure, so breathtaking. I could feel it, feel his emotions besides my own. It made me feel so complete, shooing away loneliness I never knew I had felt until I could feel someone else. I knew that I would never be alone again, and was humbled by it. Someone loved me so much, that I would never had to go through pain, happiness, anger…any of those things by myself again. Tears slipped from beneath my closed eyelids as the fear that every man would run away left for good. This man was different. So much more.

“I love you so much,” I whispered. “And I don’t think I have ever been this happy…and calm...and…protected and…” I looked to the ceiling trying to find the right words to express the wealth of emotions I was feeling when Spike lowered his supple mouth to mine.

“I know,” he breathed as he kissed me.