"Hey blondie." Charles Gunn greeted his friend as William opened the door.

"Charlie-boy." Spike stepped aside as Gunn brushed past him and inside. "Alright?"

"Yeah, man, just wondering if you wanted..." he trailed off, his eyes finally landing on the petite blonde sitting on one of the stools, staring at him, from the kitchen island. He noticed her lack of footwear and decorous clothes and aimed his inquiring gaze towards his friend. "Am I interrupting something?" He questioned, trying not to smirk too noticeably.

'Yes!!' Both blondes screamed in their heads.

"Uh, n-no, no. I-it's quite alright." Spike assured quickly trying not to wince at his stuttered answer.

"If you say so." Gunn chuckled, his brown eyes seeking the cute blonde's again, smiling as she seemed to blush and duck her head shyly. "You gonna introduce me?" He aimed his question back at Spike.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. C'mon..." he extended his arm, leading them to where Buffy was sitting. Clearing his throat he started. "Buffy, this is Charles Gunn. He's... a friend and co-worker. Gunn this is Buffy uh..." 'bloody hell, is she using her last name or mine?'

They both answered at the same time.

"Summers-" Spike.

"Pratt." Buffy.

"Summers-Pratt." Spike amended quickly at Gunn's overly confused look. He laughed softly. "Buffy Summers-Pratt. She's uh," he glanced at her, meeting her eyes for a moment, before he smiled and dropped his hand to encircle hers at her side. "My wife."

"It's a pleasure to--" Gunn started, hand outstretched before the rest of Spike's introduction registered in his brain. "Wife?!?"

William chuckled nervously. 'Guess this would be our first test.'

"Yeah, my wife."

Gunn opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to speak, before finally settling on a sigh and a questioning look.






Spike stood outside his flat's door, fingers looped through the belt loops of his jeans, facing his friend.

"Wow, so..." Gunn started, "all those times you went to Vegas was to see her?"

"Kind of, yeah," replied Spike.

They had told Gunn as much of the truth as possible. From their meeting in a Vegas night club, to their dating, and how on their last trip there, they realized they had fallen in love and eloped. Changing the dates of course.

"You've been married now for what, a couple of weeks?"

"Almost a month, yeah." Spike answered, looking down.

"Almost a month. Right," Gunn nodded. Thoughtfully. "Right. How come you didn't tell anyone? I mean, should I be hurt?" He asked, half jokingly.

"No, it's not like that, mate. Just... you know?"

He didn't, but Gunn nodded regardless. "Yeah, man. I know. So I'll see you around the office, alright?" He turned to walk away.

"Yeah, okay. See ya, and sorry I couldn't--"

"Don't worry about it. Got responsibilities now," he said over his shoulder as he neared the stairs, to make his way down to his car.

"Yeah." Spike chuckled softly. "Responsibilities," he mouthed, silently.

Gunn paused at the stairs for a moment and looked back at his friend who was staring at some point past his shoulder. "Hey blondie," he called and Spike snapped his eyes back to his. "Where's your ring?" He asked, turning to make his way down the stairs, but not before seeing the deer-caught-in-headlights look on his friends face.






"Rings." Spike said as soon as he walked back into the living room, where Buffy was sitting, waiting for him, hoping that their lie had stuck.

"What?" Buffy asked him, confused.

"Rings. We-" he raised his left hand, pointing to his ring finger. "We don't have rings." He started to pace.

"But we do."

Spike paused, turning to face her again, "what?"

"Rings? We have them. Or at least I still do..." Buffy trailed off, slightly frowning. Did he not have his anymore?

"What are you on about?" Spike asked as she stood up to walk to him.

"The rings? The cheap five dollar, wanna-be-gold, wedding bands you bought for us in Vegas? I still have mine." And to prove it, she pulled out the silver chain from under her tank, showing him the ring she carried on it. Spike frowned, his nose starting to burn as tears threatened to form in his eyes.

"I have mine, too... still." Spike said softly, remembering where he had placed his. He turned, suddenly, making his way to the room and into his closet, walking towards the built in dressers in the back. Opening the top one, he moved his t-shirts to the side and reached in to take out the small jewellery box that held his grandmother's jewellery and his wedding band, all the while trying not to think too much on why seeing the ring, her wedding band, on the chain that hung so close to her heart, caused relief to drown his heart to the point of almost tears.

"William?" He heard her call from the closet doorway. "You okay? You kinda..."

He closed the dresser and turned around.

"Yeah," he said and held up the gold band. "I uh, I remembered where I put it." He half smiled.

"Oh." She returned his smile.

"So uh," he started walking towards her. "Seems we do have rings."

"Yeah," she said as she unclasped her necklace and pulled the ring off. "We do." She met him half-ways, each reaching for the other's ring. They smiled at their similar thoughts before Buffy reached for his left hand. Bringing it up to her chest, she took his ring and slipped it on. Smiling shyly behind lowered lashes.

Feeling the nervous flutter of butterflies in his stomach, Spike took her small hand in both of his. Bringing it up to his lips, he kissed her fingertips, delighting in her blush, before guiding her band onto her left ring finger as well.