Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the email, sweet (you know who you are) I appreciate knowing what you thought of the chapter :)

I'm going to be out of the country for a few days, a fortnight at most, so I don't know when I'll be able to update, though I will try, but just in case, I'm letting you know now :P
Spike waited patiently as Buffy dressed for the party slash gathering they were expected to attend, seeing as how they were the guests of honour and all.

A bit over a week had passed since the day Buffy had gone to see him at his office. The day Wesley found out about them, and their marriage, and their child. And as such, so had everyone else.

By the time he had escorted Buffy back to the elevators, and pressed a few bills into her hand so she could take a cab home, even the mail boy had known about his sudden nuptials. Congratulating them on it, as he made his way out of the elevator and into his floor, to deliver the mail.

Sighing, he had asked Buffy to wait for him there while he gathered his stuff so he could see her home, and take the rest of the day off as well.

It wasn't till he showed up at work the next day that he had been bombarded by questions from his co-workers and he was forced to do that which he hadn't wanted to. Stick to his part of the agreement.

Knowing, just knowing, that as soon as he had confirmed the rumours, and told the story of how he and Buffy had met, dated, fallen in love, and eloped, it would only be a matter of hours, if not minutes, before the senior partners would know the 'truth' behind office gossip. And if he would of still been set in using his unplanned marriage to get ahead in his career, he suspected, he would now be standing tall, and proud, and covertly giddy at how his "reluctance" to share his relationship with the world, made him seem more of a good man, who would rather get what he wanted from hard work instead of looks or possessions, and therefore a better, more worthy candidate, for the promotions he so wished for.

He had sighed instead. Feeling more like a git than a well man.




Spike stood from his sitting position on the couch, fiddling with the silver cufflink holding the cuff of the sleeve of his shirt together, and wishing for a drink to calm his nerves. A drink he had promised not to take since he was going to be driving and having his senses in any way dimmed was not an option with his pregnant wife in the car with him.

His 'very hot, sexy, pregnant, wife.' He added in his mind as she stepped out of the room.




Buffy smiled, head ducked shyly, as William's lips parted in silent appraisal of her looks.

He had come home late two nights past, pensive and reserved, and when she questioned him about it he had informed her that Mr. Survata, a senior partner and one his bosses, had heard of their 'elopement' and hadn't seen it fit for his "most promising employee and his lovely wife to not celebrate such a wonderful event," and as such had proposed that they have one now, and offered his own house to hold such an event.

Buffy hadn't needed William to tell her how big of a deal this was, and as such she had spent the next day frantic and nervous and trying to find the perfect dress to wear. When it had turned out that her own wardrobe was seriously lacking of such clothing, she had made an impulsive decision and dipped into the bit of her savings she still had left and went in search for a dress.

Noting the reverential look in her husband's eyes, she knew she had made the right choice in picking the gown of flowing, pale blue silk, that she knew, would compliment his eyes better than her own. It was a halter, goddess-like cut dress. The top piece embraced the curves of her breasts in a tantalizing matter, yet was well-designed and relaxed enough to still be respectable. A rope like belt of twisted braid and silver in color, lay just beneath, brushing at the bottom of the swell of her breasts and wound around her midsection tying in a loose bow at her front, emphasizing her slender waist. Heeled goddess sandals, in the same silver color of the belt, adorned her feet, and her hair was half gathered up, falling down her shoulders and back in soft, golden waves. A few tendrils left in front to curl around her face.




William cleared his throat remembering himself and walked to her side, extending his hand to take hers in his. He swallowed the saliva that had formed in his mouth and was glad that his mouth hadn't been open enough for it to come out as drool.

"You look," he paused at a loss for words. "Right stunning, love." He complimented.

Standing by her side, dressed in only a black suit, sans tie, and a dark blue shirt, the top two buttons undone, he felt slightly underdressed, but then she smiled at him whispering a shy, soft "thank you," and he realized, with a woman as beautiful as her in his arm, no one would notice, or care, what he was wearing.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" He asked and she nodded, slipping her arm through his, making his skin tingle at the warmth her arm and fingers created as they rested against his covered forearm.

Grabbing his wallet and keys he lead them out of the flat. Locking the door behind them, they leisurely made their way down to the lifts. Spike pressed the arrowed button and waited for the elevator car to reach them and for the doors to open with the soft 'ping'. They stepped in and rode down to the first floor in quiet, exchanging only slight glances and timid smiles.

Stepping out of the elevator as they reached ground level, they made their way to the doors. Bidding the night watchman and then the doorman goodnight, they stepped out into the sidewalk and made their way to his car.

William unlocked the passenger side door, as they got there, and held it open for her.

"Thank you," she smiled and he helped her into the car. Locking the door and shutting it, he jogged his way around the back and to the other side and got in himself. Turning on the ignition, he pulled out of the car park and into the street, driving off in to the sultry LA night.