Author's Chapter Notes:
Uh... Wow. I had a nice coming home to. All these awesome reviews for this last chapter and a very interesting email :o)

I want to thank, immensely so, the person that nominated this fic at Loves Last Glimpse Awards (for Best WIP and Best Fantasy). You made my year :D Thank you!

I hope you guys enjoy the lightness of this chapter and don't forget to review! :P
Spike stepped into his office the Monday of the following week. The weekend had been a good one, all things considered.

Saturday night, the night of the gathering slash party, had been a success. Everyone had become as smitten with his wonderful wife as he had. Her youth and innocence mixed with the sophistication she exuded, having won over many, if not all, his co-workers and bosses.

"How's the wife, William?" A male voice sounded out from the still darkened shadows of his office, making him jump and drop his briefcase to the floor in reaction.

Spike scowled at the shadowy figure sitting in his office chair and the movement of its shoulders as it quietly laughed, and bent to pick up his fallen things.

"Liam." He greeted dispassionately, ignoring the question, and moved to the wall to turn some of the lights on. "Why are you here?" He questioned turning to his friend. "This early," he continued at Angel's raised eyebrow.

Angel stood up from the chair and made his way around the desk to lean against the front, crossing his arms across his chest as he did.

"So... she's living with you?"

Spike met Angel's eyes and clenched his jaw before muttering, "straight to the point then, eh?" He moved to his desk, leaving his briefcase on the floor by the foot of his chair. "Yeh, so?"

"Save it, William." Angel responded, slightly snappy. "You can't fool me."

Spike sighed closing his eyes and placed his hands flat on the top of the desk, leaning on them as his foot lightly tap-kicked the bottom drawer. He let out a harsh breath making the papers slightly rattle.

"I know I can't, Liam," he spoke and looked up at the ceiling, "but I'm hoping you care for me enough to..." He trailed off and was quiet for a second before he dropped his head and raised his eyes, meeting Liam's own over-the-shoulder gaze with his from below lowered lashes. Making him look like the self-doubting little boy he still was sometimes. "...Help me in this."

Angel turned his head to stare forward again. "She's pregnant?" He sighed out the question and stood, turning to face his friend.

"She is." Spike answered quietly.

Angel's eyes darted softly from side to side. Thinking.

He met his friend's gaze, "are you sure it's even your kid?"

Spike looked at Angel with fire in his eyes.

"Hey," Angel raised his hands in a protective, surrender manner. "I'm just asking, man. You never know."

Spike sighed and looked away walking from behind his desk towards a couch and plopping down on it, offhandedly noting that it was the same couch Buffy had been sitting in when she told him she was pregnant.

"She... she wouldn't lie to me. Not about that."

At Angel's sceptical raised brow he continued.

"She's not like that, okay?! She's... she wouldn't do that. She's not that kind of girl." He looked past Angel's shoulder to stare at some spot on the far wall. "Buffy's all... light and sweetness and," he sighed, "innocence--"

"Oh my God!" Liam exclaimed.

"What?" Spike's eyes snapped back to Angel's.

"Oh my God." He said again, slightly whispering this time.

"What?" William inquired, a bit more persistently.

"You... you love her." Angel stated unbelievingly.

"What? I-I don't." Spike responded, eyes wide.

"Well no, not yet, but you're falling." Angel stated matter-of-factly.

"Don't be ridiculous, I don't even know the girl-"

"And yet, you're falling in love with her." Angel said amusingly.

"I am... not."

"Aha!" Liam exclaimed again, "see?"

"See what?"

"You hesitated."

"Did... not."

"You did it again," the brown haired man said smugly.

"Whatever." Spike rolled his eyes and stood up to walk towards the other end of the room to gather his coffee cup.

"Admit it. You're falling."

"I. Am. Not." He said, making sure to not hesitate this time and looked into the empty coffee cup.

Angel laughed. "Buffy and Spike," he sang, "sitting in a tree--"

"Gods, Liam, how grade school can you be?" He growled over his shoulder as he walked out of his office in search for coffee.

"First comes," Liam paused. "Well, in your case marriage." He managed to say jauntily before Spike's "you best be out of my office by the time I come back," reached his ears, and the door to the office closed behind the blonde’s retreating form.

Angel chuckled loudly before dancing his way to the desk, humming the rest of the song as he did.

With one last chuckle at his own antics, he picked up the phone receiver. His friend could say what he wanted, he knew him better than anyone else, and knew that the blond was falling for his... wife, and Spike had been right. He did care enough for the younger man to go along with him in this lie, which he supposed wouldn't be a lie for long, not if the blonde’s fell in love.

Liam happily dialled his wife's number, suddenly feeling in a 'romantic dinner' kind of mood.






Spike walked back to his office, fresh cup of coffee in his hand and poked his head inside, sighing in relief as he saw his friend had indeed left, just like he'd asked. He walked in, closing the doors softly behind him and turning on the rest of the lights as he made his way towards his desk.

Setting the cup of steaming hot coffee on a coaster on the corner, he sat and reached for his briefcase on the floor. Placing it atop his desk, he opened it and removed the papers he needed for the day, before closing it again and moving it aside.

Opening up a case file, he started reading just as his phone rang.

"William Pratt." He answered and rolled his eyes as his friend's voice drifted up from the earpiece.

"Sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n--" The voice cut off as he hung up, as a small smile forming on his lips as a chuckle threatened to spill out.