Author's Chapter Notes:
Writer's block is kicking my bum still. I'm so sorry for the wait. I'm writing... or trying to at least, hopefully once I figure out how to go about it I'll be able to update much faster :)

Thank you for the reviews, though. They do help to make my day :)
William was... ecstatic didn't even begin to cover it.

He had woken up that morning a nervous mess. Excited but worried about the meeting with the senior partners and the promotion Lilah had informed him it was about.

Buffy had tried so hard to calm him down without success that by the time he had to leave she was just as stressed out as him, and as a last attempt to calm them both down, she had given him a goodbye, good luck kiss that had made his toes curl. The dazed look on her face had him smirking, knowing he hadn't been the only one affected. After that, he had left his apartment building, jogging to his car and whistling all the way. He hadn't even stopped at his favourite coffee shop. Already too jittery to think about ingesting any more caffeine.

Now, sitting in front of the senior partners, hands sweating, throat dry, and wishing for some water, some very cold water to tell him he really wasn't dreaming, he was speechless.

The meeting with the senior partners hadn't been for a promotion as Lilah had originally made him think. It was for something else, something... dare he say it? Better.

'Yes. Much better,' he thought. 'Maybe I am dreaming,' he forced himself to stop from pinching his arm, as one third of the senior partners continued talking. Informing him, that they were planning to open up a new firm, and that they wanted him, and Angel, to run it.

They weren't offering him a promotion, no, that they were not. What they were offering him, what they were presenting him with, was a chance to make all his career dreams come true.

They were offering him partnership.

Partner. They wanted to make them partners. Liam and him.

"So what do you say, William?" Mr. Survata, spoke. "Would you be interested?"

"Have you," he cleared his throat. "Have you talked to Liam about this?"

"Yes, we have." Mr. Survata nodded along with the other two.

"And, he said yes?" Okay, so, maybe he wasn't dreaming.

"He did." The older man confirmed. "What about you, Will, my boy? What do you say?"

All Spike could do was nod, quiet for a moment before speaking, "Yes, yes I... I'm very interested. I don't know what to say... Thank you," he smiled, "thank you."

William stood as the senior partners did, and stretched out his hand, grasping each of theirs in a grateful handshake.

He nodded his head in thanks once again before walking out of the conference room to go look for Angel.






"Spike." Angel greeted Spike as the blond walked into his office. "Guess you know then." He smiled, noticing the grin on Spike's face.

Spike nodded as he made his way towards Angel, the older man standing up from his chair and meeting him halfway, embracing the bleached blond as he reached him, patting his back with one hand as the other moved to ruffle his hair.

"Liam." Spike whispered, holding on to the other man tightly, "I... can you believe this?"

Angel smiled, chuckling softly at Spike's awed voice, shaky with emotion, as he tried to gulp down his own.

"We knew it was going to happen." The brown eyed man spoke, and they separated enough, Spike's hands still resting on Angel's forearms, to look at each other. "You deserve it, Spike. William. You deserve this."

"I feel like such a poof," Spike joked and sniffed, "all teary and 'bout to cry," he laughed and Angel pulled him in for a hug again, hand resting on the back of the younger man's head.

"Angel, dear?" A familiar voice interrupted their little male bonding moment, "is there something you want to tell me?"

Both of them looked over at the owner of the voice, startled, then grinned at Cordelia's hand on hip, eyebrow raised, trying to hide a smirk, look.

"What can I say," Angel joked as they let go, "he's just... so damn cute." He patted Spike's shoulder one last time before walking over to his wife and pulling her in for a hug, kissing the pout off her full lips.

"He knows then?" Cordy asked, smiling up at her husband.

Angel nodded, "he knows."

Cordelia squealed, delighted, and made her way to give the bleach blond her own congratulatory hug.

"I'm so proud," she told him kissing his cheek. "This gives us another reason to celebrate." She said letting go of him and turning to take her husband's hands. "Now, I know I said I was going to cook dinner, but I think we should all go out instead, what do you say?" She grinned.

"Well," Spike started, "if it means I don't have to put up with your cooking..." He joked then laughed as the brunette woman slapped his arm.

"I'm a good cook," she argued. "I am," she insisted at their disbelieving looks.

"Of course you are, sweetheart," Angel smiled and brought her back into his arms, kissing her forehead. "Spike here just doesn't know good food when he tastes it."

Spike rolled his eyes and made his way towards the door, "I'm gonna leave you two love birds and go call my wife. Give her the news and tell her we're going out tonight instead." He reached the door and walked out, pulling it close behind him. He paused just before it closed completely and peaked his head back in.

"Oh, and Liam?" He waited for them to turn around. "Don't forget to air it out after the hot, sweaty, monkey sex." He chuckled at their looks and closed the door, running into Harmony, Angel's secretary, as he did. One look at her face, told him she had overheard, and he left her standing there, walking away with a smile all the way back to his office.

Everything was looking absolutely perfect. What he most wanted had just been offered to him, he had just bought a house, he loved his wife and she loved him, and they were going to have a child. There was only one thing missing, to make his life perfect and complete, but he was planning on fixing that as soon as possible. He just had to find the right way to go about it first.