Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here's the thing. I'm currently barricaded in my office at *looks at clock* 7:30 on a Sunday morning because *points to the rest of the house and it's occupants* It's chaos out there. Just so I could post this chapter, lol..

I am so sorry for the long wait. I know, I know *hangs head in shame* but I swear, I have good reasons.
I've been uber busy planning and re-planning and re-planning the re-plans. Lose you, yet? LOL

June's a very busy month for me. I have birthdays, mine, my wife's, and my sweet girl's (my very spoiled puppy, who demands lots of love and attention) lol. My one year wedding anniversary (which, I hear is a big deal, so I'm trying to be a good husband and plan the perfect day) and, my first official father's day, which I couldn't be happier about :) and all this in the span of 10 days. Add that to work stuff, house stuff, kid stuff, doctor visits, your typical marital spats and manip & banner requests (which I really don't mind) and you got a very busy Dev, lol..

My point is that I am sorry for the long wait between chapters and I'm sorry I'm not able to reply to each of your reviews as I usually do at this time. I do appreciate them, and I thank you for them. It means a lot to me that you would take the time to let me know what you think :) Thank you.

Okay, I'll bugger off and leave you to the chapter now, lol :P
(for those of you who usually skip it, read the A/N lol :P)




Dinner with the Angelus' had been a casual affair, as most dinners with them were.

They had gone to a mini-bar type of restaurant serving mostly finger food and specialty drinks.

The atmosphere had been friendly with a touch of romance, the girls spending their time talking clothes and shoes, and with Cordelia's sneaky ways, house furnishings, and their husbands, business dealings. To which Cordy and Buffy had rolled their eyes, exclaimed "men," and kept talking.

The mood had changed to amorous once a bluesy-jazzy singer and her band had taken the stage, causing both Angel and Spike to extend their hands, asking for a dance.

Each married couple had spent the rest of the evening flirting and sneaking kisses on the dance floor, as only couples in love do, and whispering compliments, once having returned to their dinner table.

All in all the night had been perfect.

Now Buffy waited on the sidewalk, in front of their apartment building, as William paid for their cab.

He smiled, standing straight, and reached for her hand. She took his without hesitation, entwining their fingers as soon as she did.

"Did you have fun tonight, blossom?" Spike asked as they made their way inside and to the lifts, nodding and smiling their greeting to the doorman and night watchman as they passed.

"I did, William," she smiled and leaned up to leave a chaste kiss upon his lips. "It was..." she hummed, "perfect."

He wrapped his arms around her, as best he could with her swollen belly taking up space between them.

"Perfect, eh?" He led them inside the lift and pressed the numbered button for their floor. She nuzzled against his chest, contented and full.

"Yes," she purred, inhaling his aroma.

"I'm glad," he buried his hand in her hair, pulling softly at the loose strands to tilt her head up, and covered her lips with his.

Since the day they had shared their first kiss, as an actual couple, their reunion kiss so to speak, they had silently agreed to take things slow.

Neither of them ready to take that next step, and had, because of it, only shared kisses and soft caresses, that had, with proper time, become more.

Now, as Buffy's soft, small fingers unbuttoned the top of his shirt, slipping inside to caress his chest, and to entangle her fingertips in the small hairs there, he wondered, for a fleeting moment before deciding, if it was time to take another step. If it was time to move it a step closer to what they were both truly wanting, and to add to the enjoyment of the journey getting there.

His other hand, that had till then been tracing small circles on her back, moved to the swell of her ass, grabbing a cheek and bringing her closer, promising more, just as the elevator doors opened, announcing that they were there.

He parted from her lips, smirking at the dazed expression in her eyes, and took her hand, leading them to their door.

Buffy's fingers found the belt loop of his pants and slipped in as he unlocked the door. Brushing past him as the door opened, she giggled, dragging him in by said belt loop and he couldn't help but to chuckle along with her.

She left him, along with her shoes, at the door as he locked it, and made a beeline for their room.

He could hear her moving around the bathroom - washing off her make up, brushing her teeth, getting ready for bed - as he picked up her shoes and turned on the lamp in the living room at the lowest setting. He made his way to the closet - smiling as he passed the closed bathroom door, hearing her humming to herself inside - to place her shoes in their proper place and to grab a change of clothes.

Making his way back to the bathroom, he paused halfway there, grabbing Buffy by the waist, as she passed him, and pulling her against him. Her back to his front. He moved her hair, gathered up in a ponytail, aside to kiss and nibble at her slender neck.

Buffy tilted her head to give him better access as he ran his hand up her side, brushing against the side of her breast a few times before engulfing the soft mound with his long-fingered hand.

Buffy moaned in response and he let his fingers, thumb and index, find her nipple, now erect under soft, white cotton from his ministrations, and rolled it around.

Letting the pyjama bottoms, he had gotten to change into, drop to the floor, he walked them to the bed in darkness, the only light in the room that of the moon and the dim glow from the living room lamp that managed to shine in from the outer rooms.

Feeling Buffy's knees meeting the soft mattress of their bed, he spun them around, sitting on the edge and bringing her to rest on his lap.

"You're beautiful," he informed her, voice low but not a whisper. He smiled as she blushed and brushed his lips against her cheek. Her ear, behind said ear. Her neck.

"Are you happy, Buffy?" He questioned, "with me?"

Buffy raised her eyes and met his gaze. Curious. Searching.

Her hands lifted from his arms to rest upon his face, one on each cheek, holding him there as her lips found his, puckering against his own once, twice, before meeting his eyes again, her hands falling to his shoulders.

"I am." William could hear the truth in her voice. "I don't think there's ever been a time... I've been happier," she smiled, "unless... you count the time you walked out of that night club to follow me, because it led us to this, here."

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her closer, burying his face in her hair.

"I just wish..." she paused and he parted to look at her, hearing the tears in her voice.

"Buffy?" He asked concerned, "what is it, sweetheart? What do you wish? Are you crying?"

She breathed out a laugh, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Nothing," she finally answered him, "nothing. All that I could ever wish for is here, in your arms." She forced a smile on her face. "I'm just being silly," she said as an excuse for her tears, "we'll blame the hormones," she joked.

Spike rewarded her joke with a smile. "Are you sure, sweet?" He inquired.

"Yeah," she nodded, "I'm fine." Silence then, "there is one thing you can do, though," she smiled and bit her bottom lip.

"Yeah? What's that?"

Buffy lowered her eyes, heart filled with guilt, and sighed.

'You should tell him,' she though. 'You should. He deserves to know.'

She raised her eyes to meet his again. Stared into his. Willing him to see how much love she held for him, how happy he made her. How blissful her life with him was. She took a deep breath and licked her lips.

"Kiss me, William."

It was more of a request than a command, but he obeyed her anyways, and covered her mouth with his.




He gave his all in kisses. Gave his all and took her all at the same time.

Buffy could feel his passion in his kisses. His love, kindness and compassion. She could also feel his determination and rage.

William gave his all in kisses, and she took it.

She knew she should tell him the truth about her child. She knew he deserved to know. But, she also knew that, if she ever did tell him, if he ever did find out the truth, he would hate her.

And as he laid her down on the bed, stripping himself of everything but his boxers and undershirt, and settled next to her, pulling her into his arms, she also knew she was weak.

Much, much too weak, to ever let him go.