Author's Chapter Notes:
Guess who's back? LOL :P A month later but I really hope you forgive me for the long wait *hopeful smile* lol. June was awesome. Thanks for all the reviews and congratulations and birthday wishes, you guys rock! And July has been fun so far, but hopefully now I can get back to the writing and get this done :D Enjoy and don't forget to feed the muse on your way out, lol :P
"Where are we going?" Buffy asked him from her place on the passenger side seat of his car.

William glanced at her and smiled, "you'll see." At Buffy's questioning raised eyebrow he continued, "it's a surprise."

Cordy had called him early in the week after their dinner with the other couple letting him know that the house was ready.

To say he had been surprised was an understatement. He had been expecting her to take at least three weeks, a month tops, to get the house move-in-ready for him and Buffy. She had done it in a bit over a week.

And though surprised was his first reaction, he was also incredibly grateful. He had noticed a change in Buffy after the dinner with the Angelus', and he couldn't figure out exactly why. She seemed a lot calmer, a lot more quiet and thoughtful, and a lot more emotional - having found her crying for no apparent reason on more than one occasion. Of course, she always blamed it on the pregnancy hormones and if it hadn't been for her reassurances that she was happy with him, and telling him constantly that she did loved him and how much, he'd be worried that it was him - be it through his actions or words - the one making her feel that way.

And now as they drove through the streets of L.A. in journey to their new, fully furnished, house, he was hoping the surprise would cheer her up, and as she asked the next question, he knew it was.

"A good kind of surprise?"

"Yeah," he paused, smiling. "At least I like to think so... Hopefully?" He chuckled, turning the corner into the street that would lead them to their destination.

"You're nervous." Buffy stated, watching amusedly as William's fingertips tapped against the steering wheel to some song playing in his head.

Spike smiled and blushed. "A bit."

"Why?" Buffy breathed out in a laugh.

"Because, love, I don't know if you'll like it."

"Well, what is it?"

"I can't tell you that," he laughed.

"Why not? Oh!" She exclaimed, "because then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Exactly, blossom." Spike smiled and chanced a look at her, "and we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"Guess not," Buffy pouted, crossing her arms, making Spike laugh at her petulant look, her own lips twitching into a smile.






Buffy gave William a questioning look, her brow furrowing in confusion, as he pulled into the driveway of a white, two-story house. She waited patiently as William parked and turned off the car, getting out to make his way to her side to help her out, before speaking.

"What is this?"

Spike bit his bottom lip, thoughtful, before responding. "It's your surprise, love."

Buffy looked back at the house. "I don't get it," she stated and turned back to her husband for an explanation.

"Well then," he said reaching into the pocket of his jeans and pulling out a small, white box, "maybe this will help." He handed it to her, chuckling as she tentatively took it from his hand. "It's not gonna bite, pet."

Buffy laughed at her own silliness, before slowly opening the box, frowning at the thing inside.

"A key?" She asked, still very much confused.

"Yeah, um... c'mon." Spike cleared his throat and grabbed her hand leading them to the front door. Taking her key from the box, he inserted it in the lock and turned it, the door opening with a soft creak.

"William?" She questioned, and placed her hand on his arm. "What's going on? Why are you nervous?"

Spike closed his eyes before turning to her, taking her in. He looked down, biting his lip, before looking back at her from behind lowered lashes.

"Why don't we get inside first, sweetheart. I'll explain everything then."

She held his eyes for a few moments more before nodding her acquiescence. Opening the door fully, William stopped her from entering, bending at the waist to lift her into his strong arms instead, her own going around his neck. He smiled at her, bending his head to cover her mouth with his own, crossing the threshold as he did and kicking the door close behind him. Their lips separated as he made his way to the living room, placing her carefully back on her feet in the middle of said room.

Buffy looked around, taking in her surroundings, and wondered if the house belonged to the Angelus'.

It was decorated in the same style she had just been discussing with Cordy the week before when they had joined the other couple for dinner. She was just about to ask William when a picture caught her eye.

It was sitting on the fireplace mantel in a thick, silver frame. She walked over to it entranced and picked it up. It was of her and her friends, Xander, Willow, Tara and Faith, before Riley, not too long after she had come to live with the Maclay's.

She picked it up just as William stepped up behind her, placing his hands around her waist and atop her swollen belly.

"William?" She questioned as she felt his chin come to rest on her shoulder. "How did you..?"

"Talked to Xander, love. Asked him to send me a picture."

Buffy frowned in confussion, "why?"

William took a deep breath, "it's ours, love." He stated. "This house is ours. And this," he moved his hand, covering one of her own holding the framed picture, "...you've been distant, Buffy. Not," he added quickly feeling her tense, "in the way you may think. There's a part of you, that I haven't been able to reach, and I understand, really, I do. We haven't known each other long, just a few months, and even when... we're a couple, and even though we're in love, because I am, Buffy. I'm in love with you. You seem to... and forgive me, love, for not having the right words but, I'm a bit nervous here," he chuckled and she smiled. "You seem to still think of everything as either yours or mine, and... I don't want it to be like that anymore. Buffy, you are my wife, and I love you, and because of that I want you to..." he paused contemplating. "Everything I am, what I feel, my words, my mind, my heart, my body, my soul... All that I am, and all that I have, is yours. Home is where the heart is, yeah? Well, you're my home, Buffy. And I guess I'm asking, well hoping is more like it, that this place, and I, can be home to you too."

Buffy smiled, blinking to keep her tears from tumbling. Placing the frame back on the mantel, she turned in William's arms, hugging him and resting her forehead on his chest. She took a deep breath before looking up and into his blue eyes.

"William, I--" she gently shook her head, at a lost of words to convey what she was feeling. "You are, you're my home," she spoke, voice soft and filled with emotion. "Thank you." She said before wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing him down for a breathtaking kiss.