Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you guys for all the awesome reviews. I'm happy to know you're enjoying the story.
Spike showed up at her hotel at 9:25 a.m.

'Let it not be said that he was a patient man.'

He had gotten up early, groaning at the clock as it blinked 5:23 a.m., and tried futilely to go back to sleep. He gave up around 7 and instead took a shower before ordering up a pot of tea, which he had then proceeded to not drink, as he got dressed and made his way to the car park of the hotel and into his rental car.

Fifteen minutes later had him pacing in front of Buffy's hotel building like some nervous teenage boy on his first date.

'Poncey bugger I turned out to be today.' He thought and sat at the steps leading to the front door of the edifice.






Buffy paused at the front glass door of the hotel on her way out as something caught her attention.

She smiled as she recognized William's bleached hair and wondered how long he'd been waiting for her.

The night before had been a pleasant one, to say the least, and she was still surprised that she had agreed to spend time with this man that was by all intent and purposes a stranger.

A very handsome stranger, with a way hot accent. 'And that has absolutely nothing to do with why you agreed to a shirt, a walk, and dinner,' she scoffed at herself.

She glanced at her watch and noticed it was 9:52. She briefly considered letting him wait till ten, but decided against it as she watched him check his own watch and then proceed to stretch. She allowed herself to admire the strong muscles of his back, covered by the soft material of his shirt, for a few moments before opening the door, and stepping out.






William turned as he heard the door to the building open and stood. He watched as the sun's rays greeted Buffy, her honey blonde hair, and her smile.

She was dressed casual, yet graceful, in a flowy skirt and a fitted tank, the slight camber in front showing just a hint of her pert breasts. Strappy heeled sandals adorned her feet, accentuating the curves of her calves as she walked down the steps and made her way to him.

"Buffy." Spike greeted, "you look... beautiful, love." He hesitated only a moment before dipping his head and brushing a kiss against her cheek, lingering for a second too long as the scent of her perfume filled his senses, threatening to harden his manhood.

She smiled, blushing at his compliment and kiss.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She smiled, taking him in.

He was wearing a blue, button down shirt, long sleeves, the color helping his hair to bring out his eyes, the scar in his left eyebrow, and his sharp, piercing features. Black slacks hid his lower body and she caught herself wondering if he was a briefs or boxers man. Black, clumpy, leather boots finished off his outfit and she wondered what the story behind the hints of his bad-boyness was.

"Ready to get this day started, pet?" Spike inquired as he took hold of Buffy's hand, his fingers interlocking with hers, and lead them to his car.

"Oh yeah, so ready." Buffy smiled, savouring the feel of his hand in hers. "Thank you," she beamed as William opened, and held, the car door for her. Helping her inside, he shut it quickly and jogged to the other side, eager to get their tryst started.






From the window of one of the rooms of the hotel, one Xander Harris, found himself following the car as it sped down traffic till it disappeared from his view, all the while wishing that the bleached-menace, their best friend had excitedly ditched them this morning for, would make his friend forget all about college-boy and keep a beaming smile on her face.

At least for today.






"Oh." Buffy moaned as she melted into the softness underneath her.

'Could this man have any more perfect hands?' She thought as said hands dipped, caressing her inner thigh before making their way to her lower leg.

William had surprised her, after a visit to the Bellagio - to see the art on display there - and a very nice lunch, with the news that he had made reservations at his hotel's spa for a few hours of rest and relaxation.

She was currently getting all the cricks and stress massaged out of her in the most delicious way.






Buffy found herself thinking back on her day with William and the feelings he invoked in her.

He was a handsome, intelligent man, incredibly charming, sweet, and romantic with just a hint of danger and that gave him a sex appeal she was sure no sane woman could resist. How he was still single was a mystery to her.

She'd give just about anything to be with someone like him, or better yet, him. If the circumstances were different she was sure she'd try to pursue something more with him than this innocent fling they seemed to have going on.

'William would be the perfect boyfriend,' she thought as she dressed back into her own clothes. Her hand brushed against her stomach as she fixed her tank, and she paused, wondering, not for the first time, what kind of life she'd be able to give her baby.

Riley wouldn't be around for either of them, that she knew. Last thing that she had heard about him was that he had moved with his new girlfriend to South America, so she could continue her research on exotic animals or some such thing.

Buffy doubted, had Riley known about her pregnancy, that he would of stuck around anyways.

'I bet William would be the perfect father.' She thought forlornly, wishing it'd be true.

But it wasn't.

William wasn't the father of her baby, Riley was gone, for good even, and she was still alone.

Her.

Alone.

To raise a child by herself.

Sure, her friends would help, and she knew Joyce would be understanding, but what else did she have?

Her friends, even though they'd be there for her wouldn't understand just what it meant to be single, and beyond that, a single mother.

Willow was happily engaged to Oz, the guitarist of one of the local bands in Sunnydale.

Tara had met a shy young P.I. when she had spent a semester in Chicago, and was planning on moving there after graduation.

And Xander, well, he'd had an on again, off again relationship with Faith, since they lost their virginity to each other in high school.

Even Tara's mom, Joyce, was dating Rupert Giles, the high school librarian.

Yeah, they'd all be understanding, but they'd never truly understand.

There was a knock on the door, breaking her of her thoughts, and William's voice called out, asking if she was ready.

Buffy quickly slipped on her shoes and walked towards the door. Reaching for the handle, she took a big breath and smiled.

If just for tonight, she would pretend, that she was not alone, that William was her perfect boyfriend, that he was the perfect father, that Riley and her never met, and that everything was okay.

It couldn't hurt, right? To *pretend* everything was okay.

Even if just for one night.