Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay - so if you're a Veronica fan - I apologise in advance! I couldn't find a way to not include these scenes - they were just too amazingly great - and a super great way to further the plot. But pleae note that this is a story based on Veronica - so things will be similar. This chapter is just a bit more similar than I ever really want it to be. But I totally own nothing. Nothing at all! Joss owns all the characters and Rob Thomas owns everything else.
But it's a long chapter! And something gets solved!! yay!

And I am still around - sorry for the delay. Too much homework.
Finally, the football team got off the field. I had left the bleachers - my dramatic send off to Amy. But I didn’t wait after school just to do that. No, I waited for Riley in the parking lot. I seem to be doing this a lot…

But this time, I’m at my car. I’ve parked a few spots over from Riley so he’s sure to see me.

Riley approaches the parking lot, he hasn’t spotted me yet. He spots his surfboard first.

I think I forgot to mention his relationship with his surfboard. He’s addicted to surfing. Basically every boy in California is. But Riley is like in love with this board. Got it custom made and all that jazz.

Now his love is resting just in front of my front wheel. He spots this, his look comical. His eyes slowly trail from the ground, to the wheel, to the hood, to the driver’s seat. Here he sees me at the wheel, idling the engine.

“Hiya Riley. How’s it going?” I say in the happiest voice I can.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?” Riley says angrily, looking back at his board.

“Um, trying to get your attention.” I say in an obvious tone.

He makes a move to rescue his board. I see this and quickly rev the engine. He stops his rescue attempt. I smile.

“Got a couple questions for ya.” I say happily.
“You’re fucking nuts, you know that?” He screams at me.

“Insulting me right now seems like a good plan how?” I ask.

As Riley holds his hands up in resignation, casting glances at his board, responds, “What do you want?”

“Answers, and quickly. Did you drug me the night of Cordelia Chase’s party?”

“What? No. I’m not even the one who had the drugs.”

I rev the engine again.

“I mean, I got some, but I didn’t give any to you I swear on my life.” he says panicked.

“See, when you say that, it makes me hope you’re lying. I know you brought me into the pool house for Parker.”

“More like, I found you in the pool house.”

I look confused and he continues, “Ya, I walked by and Parker was on the bed beside you. You were all like ‘don’t leave me in this big bed all alone Parker’ and ‘don’t leave me Parker’.”

“Are you freaking kidding me? How about reality, Riley?”

“What? I’m just telling you what I saw. I didn’t drug you. Don’t go blaming me because you got all wasted and slutty.”

I did a couple of things next. First, I gave Riley a look that could kill. Then, I put both hands on the wheel and surged forwards. The surfboard smashed instantly. Let’s just say, Riley wasn’t happy. I drove away, leaving Riley swearing profusely behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sources are limited as to where I can go next. But I do know where some information will be.

Not everyone in my school is an elite. Yet, if you are pretty enough, and are dating the right person, you can be invited to all the parties. Prime example: Winifred Burkle.

She is why I am sitting at the counter at the local coffee shop. She works here. She is one of the middle class - one who has to work for a living. She spots me and walks over.

“What can I get for you?” she asks - nice enough to not get fired, but not too nice as to loose her popularity.

“I’ll have a hot chocolate, an oatmeal cookie and some answers if you can give me about two minutes.

She sighs, why don’t people expect this when I approach? “Fine - but only two minutes.”

“Ok - here’s the thing. Do you remember Cordelia Chase’s party?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I don’t. At least, not between passing out in the backyard and waking up the next morning in the pool house. I think you probably saw me.”

“I saw you.”

“Care to elaborate?”

“You were in the pool house - making out with some guy. It was disgusting. You were pulling off each other’s clothes. I yelled at you both and shut the door.”

“Who was the guy?”

“Angel McDonald.”

My heart just stopped - and I think it went into my throat. Angel…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I am at the McDonald door. This is practically a suicide mission. But as I stand there, upset and wrapping my arms around myself protectively, I don’t seem to care. I ring the bell. Angel answers.

He is obviously shocked but I don’t give him a chance to say anything.

“Hey - long time no see. So Fred Burkle said that you and I were in bed together the night of Cordelia Chase’s party. Care to elaborate?”

Angel is obviously shocked, “What? What are you talking about?”

“I wanna know what happened.”

“Do you know how wasted I was at that party? I barely even remember it. The whole night’s a blur.”

“Fred said she walked into the pool house and you were naked and on top of me.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“YOU WERE THE ONE THAT RAPED ME!!!” I scream at him, my voice hoarse.

“I raped you?!”

I start to cry harder now.

“So…my brother is a murderer and I’m a rapist?”

I’m sobbing heavily now. He comes out from the doorway to confront me.

“What are you doing? What are you acting like this? Why are you acing like you weren’t there?”

“What?” I look directly at him, confused and angry.

“You were there too, you know. I thought we had some unspoken rule, like we’re never gonna talk about it. But now apparently, I raped you.” He says.

I say nothing and he elaborates.

“I was drunk and I wandered into the pool house. I saw you on the bed, and I sat down next to you. You woke up. You started kissing me and then…well you know the rest.”

“Then why did you leave me there? If it was so tender, and loving, why did I wake up by myself searching for my underwear?” I cry at him.

“Because I had to get out of there!”

“You had to?”

“Yes! I woke up, I saw you there, I realized what I did…”

“What did you realize was so bad? What did you do?” I scream at him, still crying.

“I slept with you!” he screams at me, starting to break down.

“But it was consensual right?” I question.

“Yes.”

“Then what about that is so wrong?”

“Because I’m supposed to hate you! I tried to just cut you out of my life. I loved you! I tried not to, I really did try! But it won’t go away!” Angel screams at me, tears flowing down his face.

We are both sobbing uncontrollably now. I look around and see Lindsey McDonald close by, watching us. I look back at Angel, then quickly turn around a run as Angel sinks to his knees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently sitting outside Willow’s house. I am just sitting perfectly still. Willow comes out of the house, walks over to my car, and leans in on the passenger side.

“I was about to call the police on you stalker.” She jokes as she stares at me.

I start to break down in the middle of her joke. She is terribly concerned. I basically blanked for the next bit. Everything just started flowing from my mouth. Everything. Angel, Dawn, Spike, my dad. There was no stopping me.

We are currently sitting on her bed, both of us leaning against the headboard.

“This is so not an “I told you do,” but do you see why I kinda keep things to myself?”

She doesn’t say anything, just continues to stare across her room.

“I think I can go home now.” I continue.

“Maybe you should just stay here.” Willow offers.

“No, I feel better. Of course, you feel worse.”

“No, I don’t care about me. I just wish I could do something. Or say something.”

“You don’t have to say anything. That’s kind of the good part.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an exhausting talk with Willow, convincing her I was fine to go home, I found myself in front of the Magic Box.

It wasn’t my night to be working - so I knew Spike would be there. I just had to gather enough courage to force myself in there.

How do you apologize for something like this? I mean - there are no cards saying ‘Sorry I accused you of raping me.’

So I guess I’ll have to talk to him face-to-face. And as for what I’m going to say? I’ll just wing it.

I approach the shop, opening the door. I don’t even cringe at the sound of the bell ringing. This is a time to be serious.

He hasn’t looked up yet. He mumbles something; I assume it’s the normal shop slogan.

I just stand there, unsure of what to do. I finally stop him as he struggles at the last part of the rhyme. “Hey,” I say. That’s a good opener right?

He looks up, surprised, but he covers it up nicely.

“Oh. I exist? Thought I felt different today.” He says as continues with the inventory.

“Ok, I deserved that. But I just wanted you to know I’m sorry.”

He looks up from the counter, staring at me confused. He doesn’t say anything.

I continue, “I am so sorry. I know now it wasn’t you and I’m sorry I accused you.”

“It’s fine. You okay?” He asks ever so sweetly as he approaches me.

“No, it’s not fine. I’m really sorry.”

“I get that you’re sorry. But Buffy, all I care about is you,” he says as he stands in front of me, holding my hands, “Okay? Did you find something out?”

“Yeah.” I look down, embarrassed.

“Well, do you want to tell me about it? I mean, you don’t have to tell me anything. I’m just here for whatever you need, okay?”

“I was drugged but I wasn’t…”

“Yeah…” he urges me to continue.

“I was with Angel.”

He is obviously stricken by this. I feel the need to explain, “Apparently we ended up in the pool house together, and he was wasted and I was….out of it…and I guess our feelings and nature…”

“I’m sorry,” he whispers to me.

“I’m just glad you’re here.” I say as I wrap my arms around him and let the tears fall again.

He holds me as I cry, slowly rubbing my back. I finally feel like things might turn out all right for once. I feel safe.

“Let me lock up and I can drive you home,” Spike offers as looks at me.

“My mom is at an art show right now, can I stay with you for a bit longer?” I question, hoping I’m not imposing.

“Ya - you can stay with me for as long as you like.”

Together, we prepare the shop for closing. Finally, we finish, and Spike approaches me. He doesn’t say anything, he only lowers his head. Our lips meet. Finally I’m home.

As the kiss ends, he sighs, “I’ve been waiting too long to do that.”

Not another word was said as he took my hand and led my outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We approached the Giles house fairly quickly. It’s dark now, and the house was covered in darkness.

“Welcome to le maison de Giles. My dad thinks he’s a gourmet. Humour him.”

We walked toward the door, Spike swinging our hands childish. I laugh at his antics.

“You’re adorable, you know that?” I say while laughing.

“Down right cute, if I may say so.”

“You may.”


“Okay, showtime.”

He kissed me as he opens the door. Somehow, without breaking the kiss we manage to enter the house.

The light comes on.

“SURPRISE!” is shouted at us.

We are stunned. With our lips still touching, we look around the room. It’s decorated for a party. It is filled with stunned and silent elites.

Soft noises of disapproval and surprise go around the room. Then the whispering starts. Someone is incredibly bad at it, and ‘Wow’ is practically shouted.

I am still in Spike’s arms. We just stare at each other. Giles obviously sees our discomfort and approaches us.

“I guess you are wondering what your entire class is doing here at this hour,” Giles says chuckling.

“Ya - the thought had passed my mind,” Spike responds, looking around the room.

“It’s a party.” Giles explained.

“And the reason for this party? Except for shock value?” Spike asks sarcastically.

“Well, it is kind of a birthday party. You never got to have one - cause we moved here after.

“Right…good call.”

Spike turns away from his father, and turns to me. He holds out his hang. I stare at it.

This is a new step. Going public. In front of everyone. My life changes from here on out. I place my hand in his, and he squeezes it.

We start to walk further into the room. Riley approaches Logan and speaks quietly so the rest of the party won’t hear. But I can.

“Dude, what the hell are you doing? Please tell me this is like, some new reality show called My Skank,” Riley says as he looks at me in disgust.

“Goodbye, Riley,” Spike replies.

“What?” Riley asks, looking shocked.

“Get out of my house. You have a problem with Buffy, you leave. Actually, you have a problem with Buffy, you’re pretty much dead to me, so just, like evaporate of something, I dunno.”

Riley is surprised and backs away. A buzz of whispers goes around the room.

Spike doesn’t back down, “That’s kind of a general invitation. If you don’t like my girlfriend then just start heading toward the rectangle with the knob.”

I gasp…girlfriend?

A few people leave, I don’t really know any of them. But one person pops out of nowhere. Angel appears from somewhere inside the crowd and walks to the door.

Spike tries to stop and talk to him, “Look, Angel, listen, I wanna…”

But Angel doesn’t stop. He just goes out the door, slamming it.