Author's Chapter Notes:
I changed Buffy's location of the day of Dawn's death to the library - now she was not with Angel at the time - got to open up a few more doors right? lol. This does not mean that obviously Angel killed her - I just like to have multiple ideas. I own nothing - I simply borrow on occasion - like an annoying little sister. Rob Thomas and Joss Whedon own all. As they should.
Now, there’s an introduction for you. Pretty much summarized everything. Wow - my entire life summarized in only a few words. Shocking isn’t it? If you are reading this - either you are my mother, you are snooping (if so do stop now), or I have finally succeeded in my dream. To get this story published. My story. I can picture it now To Plan A Perfect Murder by Buffy Summers or maybe I should get a different title. It sounds sort of like I killed someone. Which I didn’t - in case any of you were wondering. I did not kill Dawn.

Working titles will probably be added in the most random places as you read this. As I scribble down what I can during class and such. Right here I have The Dawn of Night that’s way to weird. But back on the story right? That’s what you’re reading this for. The story.

I am currently in fourth period English. I do enjoy this class, at least I did. This class is filled with the elites. They surround me - and they look at me like prey. But they know I won’t crack that easy. But they continue to try.

Right in front of me sits Cordelia Chase - one of the richest girls in school. She has now taken Dawn’s position. She is even secretly dating Conner - they are horrible liars. And they said I was jealous of Dawn. She has motive. And while she sits there, filing her nails, she doesn’t know that I’m practically burning a hole through her skull. She doesn’t know how I’m thinking of the possible ways she could have killed my little sister. She doesn’t know what I plan to do to her if it‘s true.

"Come on Dawn. I just don’t want to go home yet. You know how my mother is at this time,” Cordelia says as she motions drinking from a bottle with her hand.

“Fine - but you know how Buffy doesn’t like me having friends right after school.”

“Like she will do anything.”

“True. Okay lets go.” Dawn says as she turns expecting Cordelia to follow.

“Yay, perfect.” Cordelia says, a wicked smile passing her lips.

They arrive quickly at the house and they go up to Dawn’s room. “So did you want anything?” Dawn asks.

“A few things…one - your boyfriend.”

“What?” Dawn laughs out.

“No seriously - Conner told me he wants to dump you and date me.”

“You’re lying.”

“No, I’m really not - I wanted to tell you privately - you know - so you wouldn’t get so embarrassed at school.”

“How nice of you.” Dawn chokes out, anger filling her eyes.

“I know right? So here you can call him up now and say everything is cool.” Cordelia says as she hands Dawn the phone.

Dawn just stares at the phone being held out to her, “Why does he want to go out with you?”

“Who wouldn’t?”

“I can name a pretty big bunch.”

“Listen Dawn - you might think you are all that and can do whatever you want - but I am the meanest girl ever in Sunnydale High - I always get what I want and I don’t care who I crush in the passing.”

“Wow - you really need to get over yourself - not everyone wants you - Especially Conner.”
“Conner loves me - and you will not get in the way of this.”

“Right….” Dawn says as she turns around and starts walking to her bed.

“Oh - no one gets to speak to me like that.” Cordelia barked as she raised the phone still in her hand above her head.

“MY GOD! WILL YOU JUST SHUT -” Dawn began to say as she turned around, only to be hit with the phone on the side of her head. She quickly fell to the ground.

Cordelia just stood there - still holding the phone - just staring at Dawn’s lifeless body. She quickly rubbed the phone with her shirt, through it on the ground, and ran from the house. She jumped into her car and drove as far away as she could - trying to put it behind her.


The scene I’ve conducted in my mind quickly fades in hues of blue and red and I turn my attention elsewhere.

To the right of Cordelia is her sidekick, Harmony Kendell. I doubt she would have killed Dawn - but at this point everyone is a suspect. Harmony doesn’t have enough thought to even consider it. Two months ago, when they would speak to me, she asked me if a light bulb was electrical. I will be dead shocked if she killed her. Harmony could go through that sort of thought process?

“Dawn - I need to talk to you…” Harmony yells down the hall in that shrill of a voice.

“Okay.” Dawn replies as she stops on the trip down the main hall.

*Just need to get her alone….* “So…..”


Wait - no. Scratch that. Harmony couldn’t have killed Dawn - or at least she wouldn’t have known to wipe fingerprints off the phone or wear gloves. It is impossible. Harmony is off the list. If I am making a huge mistake right here, so help me whoever. Dawn would have been killed by the slowest, most stupid girl in Sunnydale High - least Cordelia has an IQ higher than a rock. What would go down in the case file? Killed by incompetent moron? No - Harmony couldn’t of done it - she might know who did - or at least have some hint of gossip - which is all she ever knows. But no - she is off the list.

There are a lot of other elites in this class. Too many to name. Angel sits two rows up next to his new found buddy Spike (surprised?) and his girlfriend Drusilla. The problem with high school is that no matter where you go, there is your ex. And having to share a class with him is almost unbearable. Everyday, you know you will at least see him once. And for a whole period, you are stuck in the same room. The thought of Angel killing Dawn wasn’t completely out of my mind - I couldn’t come up with a clear motive but he is known to become easily violent. Maybe Dawn found something out about him? One of his buddies? Was he cheating on me and Dawn found out?

“I know what you’ve been doing Thursday afternoons - and it isn’t swim practise.” Dawn said to Angel in a sing-song voice.

“Do you now? And what would that be?”

“Ya - it starts with a ‘D’ and ends with a ‘rusilla’.” Dawn laughed at the shocked face Angel had plastered on.

“What??” Angel hissed at her.

“You thought you had it well hidden? Dude - all anyone had to do was check the pool - or hell even the message board. There are no swim practises on Thursdays. You should have come up with a better lie. Wait till Buffy hears this.”

“No - you won’t tell her.”

“And why won’t I?”

“Cause I will?” Angel says in an almost question like manner.

“Whoa - didn’t see that one coming - I foresaw threats, bribery, ect. But you coming clean - never thought that would happen.”

“Yes - I’ll tell her right now - you want a ride home?”

“Sure.”

The both get into Angel’s Viper and speed off into the direction of the Summers house. The car ride is pretty unimportant - Dawn probably still pestering Angel, ect.

“Here we are.” Angel stated as they pulled into the drive way.

“Yeah - thanks for the ride. Buffy should be home soon, if she’s not already.”

“Okay - I’ll come in and wait.”

Both walk into the house. Dawn quickly flees upstairs while Angel waits quietly in the hall. He then slowly begins to walk his way up the stairs and into Dawn’s room. He doesn’t knock.

“ANGEL! You could have just knocked or said something - that is totally creepy. I could have hit you in self defence or something. What do you want?”

“I’m thinking now that it’s not such a good idea to tell Buffy.”

“URG - it totally is - better from you than me right?”

“Better from no one. I’m not going to tell her and neither are you.”

“Right….” Dawn says as she turns around and starts walking to her bed.

“No - she will never know.” Angel whispers as he picks up the phone, with his coat covering his hand, and raises it above his head.

“She will find out Ang-” Dawn began to say as she turned around, only to be hit with the phone on the side of her head. She quickly fell to the ground.

“She will never know.” Angel repeats over and over again as he stares at Dawn laying lifeless on the ground. He tosses the phone onto the ground and quickly flees. Hoping to make it back to his house and that no one saw him. He would get away with it. No one can touch him. And no one will expect it.


And again, the vision I created fades away. He couldn’t have done it - could he? Angel - my first love? Could he have killed my sister? I don’t know what to think any more…

The bell rings, signalling the end of the period. I quickly pack up and head to my next class, which also go in such a blur. I speak to no one - unless its to answer back to an insult with a quip or to a teacher. The day is finally over - God I can’t wait to leave this school, this town. Leave this all behind.

Time for work. Time to deal with Spike.