Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that it's a few hours late...I had stuff to do this morning that took a bit longer than I thought
Chapter 6


Buffy awoke slowly in the morning, still not completely letting herself believe that Spike was going to be there next to her, even as she felt his body wrapped around hers.

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” Spike’s voice broke through her thoughts, assuring her once and for all that he was still there.

“Yeah? Do I have to?” Buffy asked, smiling at him.

“If you want breakfast you do.”

“You’re going to make me get up for breakfast?”

“Nope. Just want you awake before I do down to make it so you don’t think I’ve left you once you do decide to wake up.”

Well, he certainly knew her.

“I don’t have to actually get up yet?”

“No.”

“Then I’m awake. Now, go make me breakfast!”

“Yes, princess,” Spike tried to sound put out, but the grin on his face belied any annoyance in his tone.



Spike knew that there were a number of things that he and Buffy needed to talk about; many, many things, in fact. Right now, however, he just wanted to make his girl breakfast and pretend that this was a normal, non life altering decision involving morning.

There would be time for the future after bagels and bacon.




Buffy stretched languidly, smiling in delight at how several of her muscles protested. This was what mornings were supposed to be like. This was how you were supposed to wake up in the mornings.

She hoped Spike knew where the food was because there was no way she was going to get up and help him find it. Not yet. Not right now while she was basking.

And yes, that was what she was doing.

She could hardly believe that Spike had really given everything up just to come back and be with her. It was…amazing in the truest sense of the word.

He…she just did not have words for it.

He had looked at things and seen that on one hand he had everything he had dreamed of for twenty years and on the other he had her and…

Suddenly, with a type of realizations she had never experienced before, Buffy knew what she had to do.

And sadly, it was going to require getting out of bed.



Spike was happy to find that Buffy’s eating habits had not changed; there were still bagels and a package of bacon in the freezer and salmon and cream cheese in the refrigerator.

Thawing out the bacon took the longest of all, but soon her had everything almost ready to return upstairs. All he had to do now was pour Buffy some juice and find himself something to drink. Just a few more—

“Buffy?”

“Hi,” she said perkily before becoming more subdued looking. “I need to tell you something.”

Why did this sound like he was really not going to like what it was she had to say?

“Actually, it’s more like ask you something and then tell you something.”

“Okay,” he said uneasily. “Do you want to…do you want to eat first.”

“Sure, but uhm…down here?”

Now, that didn’t sound good either. Not at all.

“Yeah, sure.” Spike moved their food from the tray over to her small kitchen table and then going back to get their drinks while they sat down.

“You always made such great breakfasts.”

“Well, you always helped by actually eating things.”

“True.”

“Buffy—“

“William—“ they said at the same time after a moment’s pause.

“You first,” he said.

”Ever the gentleman,” Buffy remarked idly. “Will…what are you going to do here?”

“Teach some music lessons. Know it won’t make much, but I’ve got money too, so…”

“Won’t you get…I don’t know…bored?”

“No.”

“You’re sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“And what about us?”

“I told you: I want you, yeah, but whatever happens, I’m staying. This isn’t me trying to push you into something by saying ‘we’re together or I’m gone’. I love you, Buffy and though I’d give anything to be with you again….”

“June.”

“What?” How did ‘June’ relate to anything?

“Give me this year—school year—to finish things up and then we’ll go.”

”Go?” Sure he didn’t sound…literate at the moment, but Spike had no idea what Buffy was on about.

“Tour, recoding, all that. You and me, we’ll do that. Or, well, you’ll do it and I’ll be with you.”

“Buffy—“

“I know that sooner or later you’ll want that life again and…if you can give it all up to come back here then…I just need to finish up the school year, but then—“

“Then nothing, Buffy. You’ve got a good life here, Buffy; you’re happy.”

“But you’re happy with your life, too,” she protested.

“Not without you!” he yelled without meaning to.

“Exactly!”

“Buffy,” he tied again.

“Fine, five years.”

“Five years what?”

“We stay until June, give me long enough to get things taken care of, and then…”

“So what? You hang out on the plane with me? Spend your days in hotel rooms while I’m off doing interviews? What kind of life is that, Buffy?”

“Your kind,” she answered simply.

“Yeah, for me! I’m the one doing everything, that’s why it’s fun.”

“It won’t be forever,” she explained. “I’ll be with you and it will be fun for me to experience all of that with you.”

“Three.”

“Three what?” it was her turn to be confused.

“Three years, not five.”

“What?”

“That’ll give me time for two albums and a tour in the middle. Then,” he said defiantly, “though, we’re coming back here and having kids.”

“And you don’t think we should get married before we have kids? Being a rockstar really has gotten to you, hasn’t it?”

“Not at all. We’re getting married before June.”

“That so?”

“It is.”

“Well okay then.”

“Bacon’s getting cold, luv.”




Buffy had a lot more fun than even she had anticipated while ‘living the rockstar life’ with Spike as she liked to say. They stayed in London and even a bit in New York while he was recording his albums, she spent some time at his French vacation home while he was on tour and spent other parts with him. She’d seen more of the world than she ever expected to and had reveled in seeing Spike so unbelievably happy.

Now, though, the three years were up and they were finishing getting ready for the farewell party of sorts that his record label was throwing them in London.

“You almost ready, pet?”

“Yep,” Buffy answered, handing Spike a necklace to put around her neck. “Thanks. Oh, I have something to tell you…after the party.”

“That’s not very nice.”

“What?” Buffy asked innocently.

“Telling me but then not telling me. I’m going to spend all night wondering now.”

“Exactly. Now come on, we’ll be late.” Buffy headed for the hotel room door, ready to get to the party on the hotel’s roof so that they could get back to their room and she could share her news with Spike.

“Tease.”

“You know it.”

Buffy couldn’t wait until they were ale to get back to their room so that she could tell Spike that their little ‘go back to Sunnydale and have our kids’ plan was being moved up a little bit, to, oh say….seven months from now.

She knew she was ecstatic and could only guess how Spike would react.

She really was glad he had taken the initiative and returned to Sunnydale that day.


THE END