Author's Chapter Notes:
Back and it feels so good!
Chapter 12: Oh Xander!


She was trying desperately not to think about anything. She was confused and angry. She had absolutely no control of her own life and that upset her even more. She knew Giles was nearby, she could feel his eyes on her burning holes into her soul. She would never be free. She just was passed a long from person to person doomed to live in an eternity of bondage.

Weaker women would have broken long ago but she had learned early on that what didn’t break you made you stronger. She had the scars to prove it. Scars that would never heal and would always bare evidence to the horrors she had endured.

She had never felt so truly alone. She had no family, no siblings, and no mother. She tried to create a fantasy life one where she was in charge, one where she called all the shots and people listened when she put her foot down and said ‘no’, a life where she was heard, a life that no middle classed woman was privileged too.

They were expected to be seen not heard. Ornaments and trophies to be won, not people. She hated, no… despised their way of life! Hated society and all their rules. And here she was…on a boat…in the middle of the God forsaken ocean, fallen prey to another man, once again.

Not to mention the fact that now fate deemed in necessary to intervene and sent the ghost of her great grandmother…to…do… something. Her life was one big joke and every laugh was at her expense.

Shortly after her mother had died, of an illness unbeknownst to her, her father shipped her away to a finishing school. It wasn’t long before they sent her back to him, labeling her a lost cause. The night she returned home was the night she found her father, a shadow of the man he had been, bitter and angry and cynical.

That night she had lost every piece of innocence she had left. Never again would she be the carefree girl who rode horse’s bareback and played hide and seek with the help. Never again would she write stories or sing lullabies, or dare to dream of something better.

Everything she had ever loved died that night.

If it was possible everyday out here in the middle of the ocean she lost herself further. She was a free spirit, not meant to be held captive. Not meant to be put in a cage, yet that is where they all kept her.

Locked up. Forcing her into a preconceived mold of what they thought she should be, never once able to be her true self, and even if they let her she wasn’t sure she could be. She had been walking around in a mask for far too long.

“What are you thinking?”

“What does it matter?” She refused to look at him, knowing that if she looked into his eyes she was liable to let spill all of her most cherished secrets.

“Thoughts are sacred I understand if you don’t want to share them.” William said nonchalantly, looking of into the ocean, the breeze blowing his longer than average sun bleached hair.

She sighed and turned to face him. “I just don’t understand why all this is happening. The coincidental meeting…or was it so coincidental? The journal, the blackout, the…spirits. Why now? Why us?”

“Glad to know I’m not the only one troubled by all this. To be completely honest Elizabeth; I have no fucking clue. Pardon my language. I have never in all my life encountered something like this but then again I have never in all my life encountered someone like you.” He stilled looked off into the distance, as if searching for the answer to all life’s questions, in the water.

“There has to something we can do, some other clue to find.”

“I am afraid the next clue we find will dig us even deeper into this hole we are already in.”

“So what are we supposed to do than?”

He finally turned around and looked her straight in the eye before getting a devilish smirk on his face, “I could think of a few things to keep us occupied.”

She playfully slapped him on the shoulder. “Something that wouldn’t bore me half to death.”

“Baby when I have you the last thing you will ever be is bored.” He winked and walked away, barking orders to his crew and leaving her more confused than ever. She knew she should have blushed but no one was around so why bother?

“It seems like you and William are getting along better than expected.” Giles said as she passed by him on her way down to William’s corridors once more.

“Yeah well don’t get used to it,” she said right before closing the door in his face.

“Women.”

~+~

This was quite possibly the most idiotic idea that had ever popped into her little blonde head but she was so tired of being under constant surveillance! She almost fell on her face as she stumbled while getting her leg through the hole of a smaller pair of britches she had found in William trunk.

Once dressed she braided her hair tightly and tucked in up into a small black cap she found in Williams dresser drawer. She looked at herself in the mirror and was satisfied with what she saw.

On that note she marched out of Williams’ room with confidence, dead set on going below to the kitchens. She had a cook to see. For too many weeks now she had been on the verge of purging herself after she ate, the food was that terrible. She figured if she had a few words with the cook things might start looking up, dinner wise at least.

Sneaking as quietly and quickly as she could she tip toed down the stairs into a small hallway. She heaved a sigh of relief when she realized no one was below. Sprinting to the end of the hall she turned a corner and couldn’t believe her luck when she saw the kitchen down the next hall to her right.

Making quick time of the short distance she burst through the doors with a smile on her face, hoping to make the best impression she could. She stopped short when she realized what she was walking in on.

“Oh Xander! Aaaagah! Oh fuck me! Fuck me! Fuck me!” The screaming woman was plastered to the counter atop a pound of flower, her dress up over her head, her inhibitions nowhere to be seen.

Elizabeth didn’t know why but she couldn’t stop staring. She tried to walk away but she couldn’t, she stood frozen, eyes wide and mouth open. Please God don’t tell me he actually prepares food on that counter.

“You are so big! Harder! Harder! Hurt me, baby! YEEEEEES!!!!” The counter girl had her eyes squeezed shut and shook her head violently. The man behind her continued to make his terrible grunting sounds, he had one eye shut and an eye patch over the other. They were a sight to behold.

Elizabeth came to herself and exited the kitchen as quietly as she could. No wonder the food tasted like ass! Turning around to head back up to Williams room she bumped into a very solid wall. She was afraid to look up, afraid that she had just made the biggest mistake of her life by coming down to the kitchens.

She looked up into the smiling face of a man she had never seen before. She shivered, for it wasn’t a good smile. She had seen smiles like that before and what came after they were given…

She tried to scream but he already had his hand around her mouth and was dragging her into one of the back rooms.

She was such an idiot.