Chapter 4: Chapter 3: His Name, Her Eyes
Chapter 3: His Name

Should she leave? Would he come back?

Oh course he’ll come back. He couldn’t afford not too.

Did he leave the door unlocked? Elizabeth wondered as she paced back and forth. She should probably check. It would be the smart thing to do. So why couldn’t she move in that direction?

“Stupid man!” She took off her father’s hat and tossed it on the bed. Walking toward his dressing table she started to slide the pins out of her golden blonde locks. How could she be so affected, so quickly? Why did she feel like she knew him? Why when she physically looked at him did she see a stranger but when she….GAH! She threw her pins on his table, next to his razor. When she what?! He was a stranger!

Then how did she know him?

That’s ridiculous! She couldn’t know him! She didn’t even know his name for heavens sake! She shrugged off her fathers coat, bunched it up and threw it on the bed.

He was hired to KILL her, to take her life! If he was hired to do it, it probably means that he had been hired to kill before. He was a murderer, not to mention the fact that he cheats at poker!

Then why did she want him?

No! It wasn’t true. She didn’t want him. She was attracted to him yes; you would have to be dead, dumb, or blind not to be. That most certainly did not mean that she wanted him. It did not mean that she had anything but loathing and contempt for this man. It did not mean that she could ever forgive him for doing the things he did tonight.

And what did he do exactly?

Well, he….well…you know. She ran her hands threw her hair and than threw herself onto the bed. He had walked into a bar. He had played poker, probably cheated and beat her miserably. When she didn’t have the money that she bet, something that was punishable by death in most parts, he told her that she was to serve out a sentence on his ship. When she came up with a “better plan” and asked if he could take them some place private, he did as she asked and took her to his ship.

He tried to kiss her.

Yes. She remembered that part quite well.

He told her that he had been hired to kill her and than he left her alive in his room.

So what did he do wrong exactly?

She sighed. The last part was the part that troubled her most. Why not just get it over with? He had had the perfect opportunity. They were alone together, something that she suggested. They were surrounded by the ocean, the perfect place to dump the body and there was no one else around that was sober enough to give a damn.

Why hadn’t he killed her?

Her eyes popped open as she sat up straight and stepped off the bed.

Why hadn’t he killed her?

She took one step at a time eyes fixed on the door.

Why hadn’t he killed her?

She prayed she was right as her hand settled on the door knob.

Why hadn’t he killed her?

She turned to knob, and her question was answered as the door opened easily and the night breeze penetrated her skin through the light cotton of her fathers dress shirt.

Because he was just as helplessly lost as she was.

She shut the door quietly and walked back to his bed… to wait.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ****
~Her Eyes~


“Bloody Hell!” Spike mumbled as he tried to do up the buttons on his pants while negotiating the stairs. It wasn’t an easy feat when you were drunk.

“If you weren’t so pathetic I’d be angry.” Rupert Giles sighed as he went to help his friend.

“If you wouldn’t have talked me into taking the job I wouldn’t be so pathetic.” Spike slurred while glaring daggers as he let the man half carry him down the stairs.

“No you would still be pathetic whether you chose to take the job or not.”

“Stupid wanker.”

“Sticks and stones, my friend, sticks and stones.” Giles sighed as he pushed his overly intoxicated friend into a chair and frowned when he realized that there would be no moving him until he had a good sulk. If he knew anything about Spike at all it was that he was a stubborn fool and if he had something he needed to talk about, he wouldn’t go anywhere until he was good and ready.

Giles took off his glasses and cleaned the lenses. It looked like for the time being he was stuck in a whore house. Oh how his Jenny would love to hear about this.

“Elizabeth Summers,” Spike slurred. “That bloody woman is a mystery.”

“You were hired to kill her. Not figure her out.” Giles stated while leaning back in his chair.

“Think I don’t know that mate?” Spike said while running his hands through his already mussed hair.

“So I take it you haven’t yet done the dirty deed.”

“Have you seen her? Bloody gorgeous! She’s smart too. A little spitfire, that one. Who would want a woman like that dead?” Spike looked at the man who had always been more of a father than a friend, not knowing what else to say.

“Your job isn’t to ask questions, my boy.” Giles said knowing where this was going and dreading it already. When it came to women Spike thought with his heart, always his heart no matter what trouble it always seemed to get him into. He never changed. Stupid git.

“I know.” He sighed and stood up. “I know!” He went from calm to angry in two seconds flat, swiping his arms across the top of the table, Giles winced as the sound of glass shattering reached his ears. “The bloody bitch got to me! I don’t even know how! She’s everywhere. I haven’t even known her for more than a few hours and I’m obsessed. I’m drawn to her, like a moth drawn to a flame and I want her so bad I burn. I want her so bad I get hard just thinking about it. Her hair, and her mouth, and her eyes. Oh Giles you haven’t seen desire until you’ve seen those eyes.” He threw himself back into his chair and pouted like a child.

Giles shook his head and looked at the younger man, not amused. “You done?”

Spike looked up and nodded.

“Good. So this is what we’re going to do.”




What do you think about that?
Hmmmm?
Well I guess you'll just have to comment and tell me all about it.
~Noel Darling