Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you guys for all the support and incouragement! For a writer it means the world!
Read and tell me whatcha think I love hearing from you guys! ;-)
Chapter 5: Chapter 4: The next ten minutes
Chapter 4: The Next Ten Minutes

By the time they got back to the ship it was practically sunup. He had one more blasted day in England and than he was gone, oh how he hated the motherland. England held everything he had ever dreamt of and everything he would always hate. He wasn’t a complex man, quite simple really. He said what he meant, except for when he didn’t mean it and that was it. That was the key to getting him, you see quite simple.

He breathed in deeply and closed his eyes. God he smelled like shit but when you got over the smell of cheep perfume, alcohol, and vomit, it was a heavenly morning. Pinks, and purples, painted the sky and made him think back to a simpler, less demanding time where he would have been inspired by something as recurring as a sunrise, to write. Not many things inspired him anymore. He hadn’t written anything in years, there was something immensely depressing about a man who had lost all inspiration.

Standing out on the deck, of one of the only things he had ever been truly good at, he braced himself for what he was about to do. He thought about all the things that were about to happen in the next ten minutes, and how they would quite possibly change his life forever. Funny how your world can change in just ten minutes, funny how it can change in two.

Opening his eyes, he took one last look at the sunrise before turning around and heading toward his quarters. Hoping she had left but knowing that she hadn’t.

***** ***** ***** ****** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***

‘I’m watching her sleep. Her beautiful face even more beautiful in the dreaming. I wonder if there was ever a time when I didn’t love her. I wonder if there was ever a time where my soul didn’t cry for hers because if there was one…I don’t remember it. All I see, all I know and all I remember is her.

She is my life, my love, my everything. If I ever lost her…Id loose myself. It is terrifying to say, to even think that I, a man, am nothing without a woman but I know it’s true.

I go back to the sea tomorrow and I will leave her. I go back to a lady but leave one behind. I wonder if she’d go with me. I don’t know how I’ll make it a year without her. I haven’t thought that far ahead yet because for now she’s here in my arms. I cant bare to think about what it will do to us both when she isn’t there to fill them anymore and when I’m not there to hold her.

I want to stay here with her. In our house. The world can’t touch us here. There is no one to judge or tell us we’re wrong, not that we’d listen anyway. She is mine and I am hers and that’s all that matters. That’s the only thing that matters, to hell with everyone else.

She’s starting to stir again. Her breasts rising and falling with every breath she takes. She even makes breathing look beautiful. I should probably stop writing… she doesn’t like when I do it anyway. Says it’s not very manly. She doesn’t understand that if I didn’t have an outlet for all the inspiration she gives to me I’d go insane.

That’s another thing! She-’



She heard someone coming, closed the diary she had been reading and shoved it under a pillow right before the door flew open and a much disheveled man barged through it.

“Stand up!” he ordered as he strode up to where she sat and she was too flustered to do anything but what he said.

“You will sail with me to Jamaica and than I will decide what to do with you from there. You will work like a man, dress like a man, and sleep with my men down below. Is this understood?”

She nodded. She had suddenly lost her voice, but with every word of his she grew angrier and angrier. She had been ordered around by overbearing men her entire life. She was 20 years old and she wouldn’t be talked to like that by a man who was surely beneath her.

“If you don’t work, you don’t eat. If you do not follow orders, you will be tossed overboard and fed to the sharks. You will clean, you will cook and you will tend to my men. You follow my orders and only mine unless told so by me to do other wise.” He looked at her closely and shook his head. “No, this wont do.” He said as he brushed her long blonde hair back behind her ear and frowned.

“We’ll have to cut it. It will just get in the way... pity.” He turned around and started toward his writing desk, when he felt something sharp hit him in the shoulder. It sunk deep into the skin and he inhaled sharply. Well, he hadn’t been expecting that. He turned back toward her to find her with her hands over her mouth, eyes wide.

“I-” she started but was cut off when he walked back toward her and slapped her across the face, satisfied with her sharp cry of pain. Her green eyes clouded with hate and anger was the last thing he saw as he slumped to the floor, still not believing she had stabbed him.

~+~ ~+~ ~+~

(gasp) Theres the Buffy we know!

You know what I was just thinking about. She still doesn't know his name. I find that kinda funny. I really don't know why I waited so long to....wait oh wait... I was just about to spoil you and we cant have that now can we?

Longer chapters are coming I promise. I know they have been really really short but that wont last forever. Keep in mind this is my first fic and these chapters were written a while ago. Things do get longer and I know Im spending a lot of time on just one night but its all crucial to the story, keep that in mind.