Chapter 6: Chapter 5: Oh Dear

Chapter 5: Oh Dear

“Somebody Help!” She yelled while flinging the door open and running out onto the deck. “Please, someone. I think I killed him!” She was frantic! What was she thinking? She stabbed a man! She actually stabbed him! What was she? Insane.

“God, please! I need help!” The ship was deserted. Now what was she supposed to do? Fix him? Yeah, right. Running her fingers threw her long blonde hair she tried to think about this in the most calm, rational way possible.

“Please someone hel-”

“Is there something I may assist you with?” She turned and almost fainted in relief when she saw a handsome older man jogging her way.

“I don’t…I mean I didn’t….I mean I need….No I think he’s….I killed him.” She spit out the words and looked at the newcomer with wide eyes not knowing what he’d say or do.

“You killed who exactly?” He asked starting to walk with her toward Spike’s cabin.

“Him. The man.” She rolled her eyes. “Well, I don’t really know his name.”

Giles was pretty sure that this might be the infamous Miss. Summers and wasn’t surprised when he saw Spike crumpled on the ground by the bed. He told that boy to be careful, you can't trust women, that goes double for a woman who fears for her life. Stupid git.

He knelt down, picked the boy up and not so gently tossed him on the bed. Spike groaned. “Good news he’s not dead.” He shook his head thanking God; Jenny would have killed him if he had let her son die on his watch.

He ripped the shirt Spike was wearing to expose the wound. He had already lost quite a bit of blood but they had seen worse than this. The knife wasn’t in deep but he sure was bleeding like a stuck pig.

“Thank God.” She muttered eyes glued to the naked back of the man who still remained nameless.

“You say you did this?”

She nodded and backed away from him a bit.

He whistled long and low. “Nice aim.”

“Thank you. I practice…” Wasn’t he supposed to blow up! Who was this guy? If he was one of the crew shouldn’t he be a little more concerned about his captains well being and her apparent spirit? “Aren’t you supposed to be mad now?”

He shook his head. “I assume the bloke had it coming to him?”

She nodded.

“Then no.” He chuckled at the look she gave him. She wasn’t expecting that answer he presumed. “I’m Giles by the way. Rupert Giles but everyone calls me Giles…or Ripper.”

She smiled. “Elizabeth but everyone calls me Buffy.”

Giles turned his attention to the man on the bed but asked her, “Buffy?”

“Ripper?”

“Touché.” He asked her to turn away as he slid the blade out of Spike back and wasn’t surprised when the wound started bleeding even more. He quickly grabbed the shirt he had already ruined and bundled it up to press against the wound. “Buffy, I need to ask for your help.”

She spun back around and went to him grimacing when she saw the amount of blood he had lost. Her eyes welled with tears, but he deserved it didn’t he? “Okay,” she mumbled.

“I need you to hold this tight for me while I go run and get my supplies. Can you do that for me?” She looked distraught the poor girl. Spike was right in saying who ever wanted this beautiful young woman dead was off his rocker. He tried to keep his eyes on her face but he was a man after all and her shirt was pretty darn near see through.

She nodded and placed her hands where his were. “Hurry.” As soon as her hands were there Giles was sprinting out of the room, for more reason than one. God he hadn’t seen Jenny in a long time. He couldn’t wait to get back home.

Elizabeth’s fingers trebled as she kept pressure on the wound that she had inflicted. What had she been thinking?

No, that was her problem. She hadn’t been. She just reacted. He was going to cut her hair, and God knows what else. Before she knew it the knife that she always kept strapped to her ankle was in her hand. Call it survival instinct.

The poor man never saw it coming. She must have hit something. He shouldn’t be bleeding this much. God, what if he died right now? She didn’t ever want to kill anyone. She was a none violent individual. She just carried it for protection and that’s what she was doing right? Protecting herself.

She stilled when he moaned and stirred a bit. This would be the most inopportune time for him to come too. She really didn’t want to be alone with him. If he wasn’t already going to kill her, he sure as hell would now. Great going Buffy that’s just fantastic! If you weren’t already dead enough...

She jumped when she heard Giles walk back into the room. “Did you find what you needed?” She asked trying to keep herself focused.

“Yes. Now if you would be so kind I think it would be best it you were to step outside for awhile. This is no place for a lady.” He was rummaging through the bag of supplies he had brought into the room but looked up when she didn’t respond. “Well?”

“You called me a lady.”

“Why, yes isn’t that what you are?” He was held entranced by the look on her face. She looked like maybe she had seen a ghost or like she was remembering something from a time long ago. Than just like that the look was gone and without another word she walked out the door, closing it quietly behind her.

“Well, William m’boy I see what you meant about her now and some quick advice. She’s to good for the likes of you.”




+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Okay so to clear something up...Yes Giles is married to Jenny and yes Jenny is Spike's mother but no Giles is not his father.

We will explore all those possibilities a little bit latter on. Thanks for reading I will update as soon as I get back!