Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter has a rape warning tied too it please please please be mindful of that warning.
Chapter 7: Chapter 6: And he let her
Chapter 6: And he let her

She could feel tiny beads of sweat starting to form on her brow as she continued to pace back and forth across the deck of the ship. The sun was hot overhead but she didn’t seem to notice.

Hours had passed since Giles had kicked her out of the room and she was surprised at how worried she actually was. She couldn’t think about anything other than the man lying on the bed in that room, about how she reacted. How ignorant could she be? How utterly daft?

She needed to put things right. She needed to do something to make it up to him. She needed to do something!

She let out a sigh of frustration and plopped down on the floor, leaning back against a long wooden pole. What could she do for him? She wiped to sweat off her brow and frowned. She had no money, no apparent worth at all, but she needed to come up with something, a way to convince him that she didn’t deserve to die for what she did.

She closed her eyes. She was too tired to breathe, let alone to function or sleep. She knew she should probably walk away and leave, than never come back but she felt this connection, a draw to the man who could never be a lover or a friend but was destined to be her demise.

She would have to tell him everything. He wasn’t the only one who was full of secrets, she knew things that could ruin men or earn them a medal of honor and she was willing to spill it all. Her survival instinct was making itself known and she was willing to do or say anything to stay alive. She had a purpose, there was meaning to her life and she had a felling that she was just beginning to stumble upon and discover just what it might be.

~+~

Spike moaned, and tried to roll over but strong, sturdy hands held him still. His shoulder was on fire and his arm was numb. He opened his eyes and turned his head ready to kill the person who decided it might be fun to poke and prod his shoulder but sighed when he saw Giles.

“So you decided to join the world of the living now did you, m’boy?” Giles smiled and continued to stitch up Spikes shoulder.

“No, once you’re dead you never go back. Besides living isn’t all its cracked up to be.”

Giles shook his head. “What are you going to do to her?”

Spike played dumb, “who?”

“Buffy, who else?”

Now Spike was utterly confused, “Buffy?”

“The woman who injured you so badly you passed out.” Giles tried to contain his mirth.

Spike frowned, “You mean Elizabeth?”

“No, I mean Buffy…it’s a nickname.” Giles tied a knot in the string and pulled tight, making sure that it wouldn’t be coming undone or opening back up anytime soon.

“I’m glad to see that you’re making friends with the woman I’m supposed to kill.” He sat up and shook his head trying to ignore the head rush and than closed his eyes to stop the room from spinning.

“She does have impeccable aim, she practices.” Giles smiled.

“Oh I’m so glad she was able to show it off…on my shoulder. I’m glad you got that bonding time in because you know-- I don’t mind at all.” Spike said while standing up and marching over to his closet. He grabbed a white linen shirt and put it on mindful of his stinging shoulder.

“Now where is that little bitch? I’ve got something to show her.”
~+~

“Well, well, well, what do we have ourselves ‘ere mates?” Elizabeth sat up straight with a start. She hadn’t realized she had fallen asleep. Looking around at the mob of men surrounding her she realized that others had.

“Looks like a little girly has wondered her way onto the cap’ins ship.” One of them piped up.

“What do you suppose we do?” Another one leered.

“I ‘ave and ide’er!” One of them shouted and without hesitation reached out and grabbed her by her hair. It all happened so fast, they were touching her everywhere, fondling her, molesting her. One moment her shirt was gone and the next her britches. She was screaming and crying, her voice lost in the grunts and moans of the men. This was her punishment. God help her she deserved something by his hand but not this.

Her cries seemed to excite them further and her begging did no good so she did what she could as she thrashed out and clawed. She had never felt so small, so completely and utterly helpless. Someone’s hand was between her legs and her breasts ached from being violently squeezed and than she saw the man who was first to speak, the man who had woken her up, undo his pants and she went numb with fear. She gave up the fight as the others spread her legs for him and she felt him move between her thighs. She went still and accepted the fact that there was nothing she could do and right than, in that instant, she wished she was dead.

“BLOODY FUCKING HELL!” She heard his voice before the man who was on top of her was ripped off. She was dropped to the floor as all the men who surrounded her before went and stood before their captain.

She didn’t hear any of what was said. She curled herself into a ball and prayed that it was over. That they wouldn’t be coming back. That the Captain who didn’t seem to care would find it within his heart to save her, because she needed saving. She needed saving from them, she needed saving from her family, from the world, but most of all from him.

And then she was wrapped up in a pair of strong arms and picked up off the floor. She heard a muffled curse and felt bad because she knew that her weight on his shoulder had to be excruciating. She buried her face in his neck and even when they reached his room and the door was safely shut behind them she refused to let go.

Oblivious of her nudity and unworried about her tarnished pride she came apart in his arms…

and he let her.