Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:) And thank you soooo much to everyone who reviewed so far:) L, Pet, maddonna001, cordykitten, Sotia, jamies_lady, PhotographyNut and Pam S. You guys keep me going:)
Chapter 13:


'Spike Devlin has tryst with blond at club'


'Has Love's Bitch finally found their new singer'


'Devlin in love?'



"OH MY GOD!" Spike's jaw dropped as numerous magazines and newspapers were dropped on the desk in front of him.


"That's an understatement. I mean really" Anya tilted her head to the side standing next to a sitting Spike. "How did you even do that" Tilting her head some more. "And up against a wall no less" She shrugged as Spike grabbed the papers hiding the pictures from her scrutinizing eyes. "Suit yourself. I'll just go and get another copy, their everywhere"


'Oh shit' Spike thought as he flipped open the top article. "Devlin in love?". "Spike Devlin has been spotted in the small town of Sunnydale, California. After the abrupt departure of the bands former vocalist Devon, the band hiked it off to Sunnydale where it has been rumored they've found their new vocalist." Spike's eyes scanned down the page, briefly looking at the pictures of him and Buffy at the bronze making out against a wall and to the ones of him and Tara at the park. Underneath the picture were the words. "Devlin. (left) with his new flavor of the week (right) and her daughter (end)"


"The couple were seen out together at a local park, shortly where after they left for the band's auditions for their new singer. The relationship between this blond bombshell and LA's hottest heart-throb is currently unknown. Will Devlin keep up appearances and act like his old ways?. Or is the distant sound of bedding wells in the air for this blonde duo."



'Buffy is going to KILL me' Spike thought grabbing the next magazine with pictures of the bronze incident all over them. "Spike Devlin has tryst with blonde at club"


"Did you show him yet" Xander asked running through the door to Gile's small apartment.


"You should have seen his face" Angel laughed plonking himself on the couch and switching on the TV.


"You might want to give her a heads up on the whole LA paparazzi coverage." Oz said handing Spike another magazine with yet another story about them. He let out a groan.


"Yes Joyce I understand" Giles paused, listening to Joyce on the other end of the phone, clearly upset. "I know. I'll get him to pop round." He hung up, whipping his glasses of not a second later and began cleaning them. "Buffy's been home from the hospital less than twenty-four hours and already has something new to deal with, on top of what she's already going through." Giles sighed disapprovingly at Spike.


"I know" Spike whispered. "I didn't know anyone was there at the Bronze." A pause. "She's gonna kill me." He hung his head. Buffy was still very clearly shaken up from what had happened the other night and didn't need all of Sunnydale thinking she was a tramp.


"Not if you go round there and sort this mess of yours out" Giles sternly said chucking Spike his duster from where it had been hanging on the hook only moments before.


"I'll ring around, see if I can't sort a few things out from this end" Anya said seeing the torn look on Spike's face.


"Thanks pet." Spike smiled before walking out the door.



............................................................................................................................


"Now Buffy before you over-re..." Joyce was cut off by Buffy's exclamation.


"OH MY GOD!" She squealed seeing the papers on the island's top.


"Over-react. William is coming over to talk to you about the- uh. Alleged activities you've been photographed doing." Joyce said tilting her head towards one of the magazines with Buffy and Spike at the Bronze plastered all over the front cover.


"Alleged activities!" Buffy squeaked flicking through some of the pages her eyes widening at the amount of pictures that had obviously been taken without the pair noticing. "We kissed. That’s all. Period."


"Honey. Things tend to be blown up a lot when your seeing a celebrity. Even if you are both just friends for the time being" Joyce came around the other side of the island and wrapped her arm around her stressed daughter. "Cut William a break ok." She rubbed Buffy's shoulder. "He has as much control over the situation as you do at the moment." Just then the doorbell rang.


"I need to lie down" Buffy whispered taking the bundle of magazines and news papers up the stairs and into her room. She winced after placing the papers on her bed, rubbing her bandaged arm.


Downstairs Joyce answered the door and greeted Spike.


"How's she doing" Hanging his jacket up on the hook by the door, Spike followed Joyce into the lounge room.


"She's doing as well as expected." Joyce sighed taking her seat. Spike nodded slowly rubbing the back of his neck. "She's putting on the brave face." Joyce fiddled with her skirt. "I'm waiting for her to crack, for it to finally hit her. She didn't deal properly last time.. and now" Joyce had tears in her eyes when she looked up at Spike.


"I'll look after her Mrs. Summers." Spike vowed, smiling softly.


"It's Joyce."


"I'll look after her Joyce" Spike replied again.


"I don't know what exactly is happening between the two of you. But for some reason I believe that you will" She smiled gently back.


"I like your daughter a lot, Joyce. May even love her. I don't understand it all myself. She's an amazing woman and Tara's an amazing little girl that's got me wrapped around her little finger" Spike laughed making Joyce smile.” I’d look after both of them. Til' the end of the world, I’d look after them." Spike said all seriousness in his voice.


"She'd probably like to see you. Seeing how thing's have turned out this morning" Joyce didn't have to mention the pictures or the articles to let Spike know what she was talking about.


"Ah yes.. A-about that" Spike stuttered, nervously running a hand through his hair.


"It’s between you and my daughter. I'll trust you to get it sorted out" She stood and grabbed her jacket and keys of the table top. "Me and Dawn are taking Tara to the zoo to give Buffy a little time to sort everything out." Slipping her arms through the coat pockets she reached for the door. "Would you mind telling her we'll be back a little bit after lunch." Spike nodded and with that Joyce left to make her way across town to the apartment her younger daughter was renting. Everyone had thought it best that Tara be sent to stay with her aunt Dawn for a few nights to let Buffy rest and heal.


...............................................................................................................................................




Spike made his way upstairs and paused just outside Buffy's door. He could here the rustling of papers and magazines and let out a huge sigh. "It's now or never mate" He whispered to himself knocking on the wood softly. After hearing Buffy's muffled "Come in" he took a deep breathe and turned the handle and entered her room.


"Uh hey"


"Hi" Was Buffy's brief and monotone response.


"Look I know," Their was a pause. "Ok your probably really upset right now, with everything being in the papers and all. But were getting it fixed. Anya is a great publicist and if I know anyone as good at their job as she is. She'll have this straightened all out by morning yeah." Spike spoke a little bit more to himself than to Buffy. Hoping to god that he was correct and that Anya would have everything cleared.


"I know. I just," Buffy pushed the magazines to the side of her bed and motioned for Spike to sit next to her. "I just have a lot on my plate right now. A lot of things to deal with. Things I don't know how to deal with." Spike tentatively stroked her sore arm. "Riley's back in town." her eyes started to water. "You guys have your tour coming up in a few months and I’ve got to be ready for it all. Seeing as that was my big surprise for you guys last night" She let out a laugh. "Suprise!"


"We can postpone the tour you know. Until your ready" Spike tucked her hair behind her ears.


"No I want to do it. I just need a little time to sort myself out." She smiled up at him. "Riley needs to be put away before he hurts anyone else." Buffy shuddered at the thought of any other girl being hurt by his hands. He was a sick twisted bastard and she wouldn’t rest until he was behind bars.


"I know" Spike lent over to kiss Buffy's forehead.


"Um about the papers" Buffy looked down at the pile of magazines at her side. "What exactly is Anya going to tell people what's going on between you and me. Because I don't even know what's going on. One minute were kissing, the next I’m having a freak out session, then were kissing again and then were at the auditions, then the whole Riley thing happened and now I don't know wh..." Buffy was cut off from her rambling by Spike's soft lips caressing hers.


His hand cupped the back of her neck sending shivers down her spine and goosebumps up her arms. She opened her lips and granted him access as their tongues came out to play. It felt like hours but at the same time felt like seconds had passed and Spike was pulling away from her.


"We'll figure it all out when the time comes. But just so you know. I like you a lot" Their foreheads were touching. Spike smiled and brushed his nose on hers. (Eskimo kiss style). "And I’d like to keep seeing you. As your boyfriend." He pulled back to look Buffy in the eyes. "If you'll have me of course."


Chapter End Notes:
I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to update. I haven't been very well. I had to have a skin graft on my mouth twice, which sucked so bad. I've got two chapters with my Beta at the moment for my story I'd Lie. So hopefully they'll be back really soon and updates will be coming all over the place lol...

Please leave a review I really want to know what you guy's thought.