Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:)


I am SOOO sorry that it's taken so long for me to
Chapter 9:


After getting dressed and towel drying her hair, Buffy made her way down the stairs. She stopped in the arch to the lounge room and smiled at the pair watching TV. Tara was sitting next to Spike mimicking his body position every time he moved. She laughed to herself as Spike turned his head to look at Tara who unclasped her legs and brought her gaze to the screen. Shaking her head she made her way into the kitchen.


"Morning" Joyce smiled looking up from her newspaper as Buffy came through the doorway.


"Hey" Buffy said glumly as she plonked herself in the seat next to her mother.


"Everything ok sweetie?" Joyce asked watching her daughter rest her head on the bench top.


"I'm fine" Buffy tried reassuring herself. Joyce raised an eyebrow at this. "Ok. I'm not fine" Buffy sighed and sat up. "I just. Last night" Buffy paused. "I had another dream about...." Her sentence drifted off. She still couldn't bring herself to voice what had happened all those years ok.


"Oh honey" Joyce placed her coffee mug on the bench and wrapped her arm around her daughter.


"I'll be fine.” Buffy rested her head on her mother's shoulder. "I'll just try and forget about it" She whispered.


"Buffy maybe you should think about seeing someone?" Joyce stopped watching Buffy abruptly stand and walk around the other side of the island.


"I don’t want to see a shrink mom. I don't want to have to relive it all" Buffy brushed a hand through her hair and sighed.


"Ok" Joyce stood and made her way around the island. "We'll just not talk about it then." Buffy nodded and smiled softly at her mother. "So? What would you like for breakfast?"


"Pancakes are easy." Buffy shrugged. "I'll go let Tara and Spike know" She motioned towards to lounge room. Joyce nodded and watched her leave.


"Tara, sweetie what do you want for breakfast?" Buffy asked walking into the lounge room. Tara was standing on the lounge with her hands on Spike's shoulders to balance her. She was staring him in the face.


"Is Grams making pancakes?" Her voice full of excitement. She broke her gaze with Spike and turned to face her mother.


"Yes" Buffy laughed at the two. "What are you guys doing?"


"We were playing a game luv" Spike said helping Tara off the couch and watched as she ran past Buffy and into the kitchen.


"A game?"


"You're not aloud to blink" He smiled standing and stretching. Buffy's cheeks went a light shade of pink at seeing how low his jeans were riding. "Like what you see luv?" Spike smirked watching Buffy come out of her haze and her cheeks brighten a few more shades. Turning abruptly she made her way to her kitchen, Spike not far behind her.


......................................................................................


"Mommy" Tara asked coming to stand next to Buffy, who was finishing off her breakfast. Looking down at her daughter Buffy smiled.


"Yes sweetie"


"Can we go to the park?" Tara asked briefly looking at Spike.


"I thought you wanted to watch movies?" Buffy asked eyebrow raised.


"I want to go to the park now" Tara smiled.


Letting out a sigh Buffy smiled. "You'll have to ask William if he wants to go" She watched as Tara ran around the other side of the table, coming to a stop next to where Spike sat.


"Willium do you wanna come to the park with me and mommy?" Tara asked a slight bounce in her stance.


"Sure thing niblet" Spike smiled glancing at Buffy. Tara let out a squeal and turned to face her mother.


"Go put your shoes on sweetie." Tara ran away from the table to collect her shoes. Turning towards her own mother Buffy laughed. "Mom do you want to come to" Joyce laughed in return and shook her head.


"I think I’ll stay here" She smiled standing and collecting the empty plates from the table. "You kids have fun" Joyce said watching Buffy grab her coat and helping Tara into hers.


"Bye grams" Tara waved before running out the door yelling for Spike to hurry up.


......................................................................................


"Higher Willium, higher!" Tara's ecstatic squealing could be heard throughout the park. Sitting down under the shade of a tree Buffy let out a laugh, tucking a stray piece of hair that was being blown across her face from the wind. She looked from her daughters face and met Spikes gaze and blushed. He was smiling brightly at her.


She watched as he picked Tara off the swing and placed her on the ground, watching as she ran over to the gym section of the park. Buffy returned his smile as he slowly made his way over to her.


"You look like your having fun" Buffy laughed. "We might have to leave you here" She smiled as he sat down next to her.


"Not bloody likely. Although it does sound a lot better than going to the auditions" Spike grimaced.


"Naw, it won’t be that bad.." Buffy stopped mid sentence at seeing his raised eyebrows. "Ok so maybe it's going to be bad. But, think about afterwards when you find someone" She smiled.


"I already found someone" Spike whispered lifting a hand to stroke her cheek.


"Spike" Buffy whispered softly looking at him through half closed eyes.


"Buffy I..." His head slowly lowered towards hers and just as their lips were about to meet Tara's high pitched scream was heard.


"MOMMY!" Buffy's head swung around eyes opened wide. They came to a stop when she saw Tara on top of the tower waving at her. Waving back with a smile she turned again to look at Spike who in turn was smiling.


"What" She laughed.


"How do you do it?" He asked glancing once again at Tara.


"Do what?"


"Everything. Raise Tara, you’re so good with her pet. Scared the living hell outta me when she screamed." He let out a laugh. "How did you manage it all..." He paused. "You were so young"


Buffy lowered her gaze and gave him a sad smile. Taking a breath she started. "When I first found out I was pregnant it scared the shit out of me" She met his eyes. "The way it happened wasn't exactly......." She drifted off. "Who the father was....." She said as she wiped a tear from her face that had slipped. "But then I started thinking you know. What would happen if I got rid of her.....If I had, things wouldn't be like they are now. I'd always think what if....." Spike nodded in understanding. "There’s not a day go by where I don't look at her and see his face" Buffy cried as Spike wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "But she's part of me..." Buffy whispered. "She's my baby girl"


Reaching into her bag she pulled out her wallet. Sifting through its content she stopped on a photo of Tara in the hospital just after she had been born. She was wrapped up in a little plink blanket with her eyes closed. "When you lose everything and find that one thing that keeps your grounded, you don’t ever let it go...." She smiled handing the photo over to Spike.


Spike looked over the photo smiling at the sight of the gorgeous little baby. Turning the picture over he realized there was writing on it.


You can't fool me, I saw you when you came out
You got your momma's taste and you got my mouth
And you will always have a part of me
Nobody else is ever going to see but you and me
My little girl



Tears formed in his eyes as he read the paragraph which Buffy had written. Turning his face to look at hers she smiled softly at him.


"Your one hell of a woman Buffy" Spike had cupped her face and wiped the tears from her cheeks.


"Thank you" She whispered just before his lips descended down to hers, neither noticing the camera's going off in the distance.


Chapter End Notes:
The lyrics are Gracie By Ben Folds Five.

OMG.....*sigh* i got another chapter down:) yay hehe many more to come:):)....hope you all liked it..


Thank you again to everyone who reviewed:) I appreciate it sooo much...and to my awesome Beta:)