Author's Chapter Notes:
So I checked the episode again before writing this last chapter, and if anyone noticed the little mistake as to what's Spike wearing (a t-shirt instead of a black shirt and wifebeater) I'm sorry, but it worked a bit better in the story . This is the last chapter so I hope you all enjoyed it and let me know if you did or didnt't!
She couldn’t believe that she’d lost. Buffy the Vampire Slayer lost to a lowly vampire. Ok, maybe not so lowly, he keeps insisting he’s a master vampire at least, Buffy thought. But still, it’s Spike! His plans never work!

With one arm strategically placed over her chest and crawling down behind the sarcophagus for the second time that evening, she glared at Spike. She managed, somewhat shakily to divest herself of the lacy black thong she was wearing and threw it right into his widely smirking face.

“Fine. You win. Happy now? I’m naked,” she spat at him; still covering her chest with one hand and now her other went down to cover her exposed sex. She was not about to let Spike see her choice in bikini waxes if she had anything to say about it. Buffy shivered and couldn’t keep her teeth from starting to chatter in the cool air. Winter may not be cold in Sunnydale, but it certainly wasn’t birthday suit friendly.

“I think you look quite fetching Slayer,” tongue curled behind his teeth Spike admired the beautiful golden goddess now standing in all her naked glory in front of him. Ok, hiding behind the sarcophagus, but still. He’d caught her flying underwear and managed to tuck them into the back pocket of his jeans without causing too much notice from the irate Slayer. He was trying to decide how to best kiss her while naked, so he could feel her hot little body pressed up against him; but he couldn’t get past the terrified expression reflected in her green eyes, or the way her body shook in the cold air.

“Alright pet, put your kit back on. I’ve won fair ‘n square, but there’s no need to have you shivering that tight lil’ ass of yours off.”

Shocked didn’t begin to describe Buffy’s reaction to Spike’s statement. He doesn’t want to kiss me when I’m naked? Is there something he doesn’t like, she found herself thinking. No, not wrong. Thoughts wrong. Get dressed, no need to wonder why the evil vampire doesn’t take advantage of a naked girl…

Buffy was still staring in shock as Spike turned around to gather up her clothes from the floor. She quickly bent and slipped on her jeans and turned her back to him as she slipped on her bra again. Still wondering over Spike’s seemingly gentlemanly side, she didn’t sense him come up close behind her.

“Here ya go pet,” Spike’s voice right behind her startled her. She turned around to face him seeing the red silk shirt in his hands.

“I thought you’d be jumping for joy to kiss me when I was naked. I didn’t take you for being a gentleman,” she stated with more than a hint of wonder in her voice.

“Yeah well, there’s a lot you don’t know about me Slayer. Now put this on. I know you’ll probably burn it when you get home, but your tops still ruined,” he glanced away from her penetrating gaze. Buffy quickly slipped the cool silk onto her body and revelled in the soft material against her skin.

“Thanks,” Buffy’s soft spoken word brought Spike’s eyes back to hers. She was stunning standing there in his red shirt, still unbuttoned, staring up at him with those green emeralds.

Buffy stared into his blue gaze and shivered under the intensity she saw in the depths of his eyes. Her shiver seemed to break the spell between them, and Spike quickly moved back to his pile of clothes, picking up his treasured duster and was back before her in hardly the blink of an eye. He wrapped the heavy leather around her shoulders, taking her loose locks and pulling them out of the collar to hang freely around her shoulders. Spike raised his hand to briefly run his hand through her hair a second time, hoping he wouldn’t be rewarded with a punch in the face for his forwardness.

“That better luv?” he asked softly.

“Much,” Buffy found herself saying relishing in the warmth the heavy leather afforded her. It smelled like Spike: tobacco, whiskey, and that musk that was all his own. She smiled shyly up at him.

“Now about my prize,” Spike said returning the smile before bending toward her slowly. Buffy couldn’t move. Speechless and still, she watched as he hesitantly moved his face towards her, watching for any hint of indecision from Buffy. She made the slightest move toward him, leaning closer to his expectant lips.

Spike barely brushed her lips in a soft kiss. She felt his soft cool lips on her own and sighed as he added gentle pressure. Before she knew what she was doing, Buffy slid her palms up the cool skin of his arms, effectively pulling him closer. Spike took her invitation for what it was, and pulled her flush against his body, his hands spanning over her warm waist. Buffy’s fingers came up to tangle in the curls at the nape of his neck. Spike felt her soft breasts pressed against his chest through the thin layers of lace and silk, her nipples hard points which burned into the skin on his chest. His hands roamed across the soft skin of her bare back, having slipped them under his own shirt to feel her warmth flesh to flesh.

Buffy felt like her body was on fire as Spike’s cool hands skimmed over her back. Her stomach was pressed flush against his own and she found herself dizzy from the contact of skin against skin. Buffy felt like her knees were going to give way, but safe in the knowledge that Spike’s strong arms would be there to hold her if she did fall; she gave over control of the kiss to him. His cool tongue had slipped past her lips and was as talented as she remembered, maybe even more so. She felt the evidence of his arousal pressing against her stomach.

Spike reluctantly pulled away and ended the kiss, with a soft peck on the tip of her nose. They were both breathing ragged, deep breaths, and he rested his forehead against hers, trying to gain some semblance of control. He wasn’t going to push her tonight, she wasn’t ready. He knew he couldn’t take advantage of her anymore, not after knowing the soft laughs they had shared this night. He wanted more from her than a few stolen nights of passion that she’d regret in the morning.

Buffy felt dizzy and high. Her forehead rested against Spike’s, her arms around his neck and his arms holding her securely against his own body. She peeked up at him through her lashes, gasping at the intensity in the deep blue depths. He wanted her badly, that was certain.

“Thanks kitten. I’ll play you again anytime,” Spike murmured softly and cocked his head to the side after reluctantly giving up its contact with Buffy’s. “Now you go on home, tuck yourself safely away in your bed, away from all the Big Bads out there.”

Buffy couldn’t speak. He was sending her away just like that after the kiss? He didn’t want more. What was wrong with this picture? Buffy found herself wondering why he was being such a normal man again. Better even, he was being a perfect gentleman, taking no advantage of her tipsy and emotionally shaky state. He lit a fire within her that she didn’t know she had before.

“Yeah, ok,” she found herself saying to him. But she found that she couldn’t move out of his embrace. Every rational thought in her mind was screaming at her to go home, to run away, that this was wrong. But plain Buffy, the romantic girl within, was just swept off her feet by a very charming and very sexy man. The sexy man who was right now buttoning up the shirt he’d loaned to her, not ripping it off of her.

Definitely not the Spike I know…

When she took a shaky step away from him, she nearly tripped over the uneven floor of the crypt.

“Maybe you shouldn’t be walkin’ home by yourself in this state. Come on, I’ll escort ya back to your castle princess,” Buffy watched as he grabbed his wifebeater and shirt off the floor, quickly slipping them on. She regretted the action as it left him fully clothed again. Spike slipped on his boots, and walked back to where Buffy was standing watching him. He held out his arm in invitation, pulling her small hand through to rest on his bicep.

They walked in comfortable silence back to Revello Drive, each lost in their own thoughts. Buffy was slowly admitting to herself that maybe Spike wasn’t as bad as she thought he was. Her arm still rested on his, and she stole a look at his handsome face. He really is a major hottie, she thought, smiling to herself.

Spike walked along beside Buffy, relishing every second her warm body remained in contact with his. Maybe good ol’ William’s romantic notions could really woo the ladies after all? He loved her so deeply and tonight’s kiss would have set his soul on fire if he had one.

I’m a bloody ponce, he thought and looked over at the petite blonde next to him. He caught her staring and gave her a soft smile.

They stopped in the backyard outside her window, neither wanting the night to end. Without saying a word, Spike drew her into his arms and kissed her gently.

“Goodnight Buffy. Sleep well kitten.” Buffy couldn’t find any words to say when she looked into his eyes. They were deep blue wells of love and affection, warming her very soul. Instead she shrugged out of his duster, giving him a soft smile.

“Thanks for tonight,” she said not elaborating, but making it clear that she meant the entire night, kiss and all.

“No problem pet. Anytime.”

Buffy stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him softly on the lips before climbing up to her bedroom window. She saw Spike leaning against the big tree in her yard as she reached to close her window. After a shy wave she made her way to her bathroom to quickly wash up before bed. She slipped out of her clothes, leaving them all in the laundry basket save Spike’s shirt. She slipped it back on over her naked body and snuggled in under her covers, wrapped in soft silk. She smiled to herself before falling asleep, relishing in the warm scents of tobacco, leather and musk.

Spike stayed outside her window until he heard her heart rate slow and her breathing even out in sleep. He turned and started making his way back to his crypt, sensing dawn soon approaching. Grinning to himself he relived the evening and nourished a hope that maybe he’d finally gotten the Slayer to realize the potential they had. Tonight definitely went better than he planned.

THE END


A/N: Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it and as always please review :)