Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you as always to my wonderful beta Dusty273 for helping me with this chappie! She's the greatest! And thank you to all who reviewed last time I always appreciate feedback... This chapter is full of spuffiness so I hope you all enjoy!
Chapter 14 – Consolation



Tara had left half an hour ago. Though the study session had started so badly, they ended up going through quite a lot of material. Buffy loved the poetry class and having Tara there now to talk to only made it that much better. They had studied for their upcoming quiz on the Romantic poets which was in a couple more days. Buffy may enjoy the poetry of that era, but she swore that if she never saw another Wordsworth poem ever again, it would still be too soon.

Buffy picked up the remains of their study snacks and wandered into the kitchen. She had about an hour before Spike was due to come over for their weekly Friday night movie fest. She was getting butterflies in her stomach just thinking about it seeing as it would really be the first night they spent alone in the house without Dawn nearby.

Anya had stopped by with Xander before the dreaded demon social worker incident, and as soon as Buffy declined their invitation to a night on the town, Anya’s face had lit up with a knowing look.

“Shush, Xander. Buffy wants to have orgasms with Spike tonight. First time too I bet,” she’d winked at Buffy, not fazed by her lack of propriety. “She’s like the mice,” Anya continued.

“The mice?” Buffy asked, confused.

“Yes, the mice. They play when the cat leaves. Dawn is the cat,” she had answered, rolling her eyes as if the answer had been perfectly obvious.

Buffy giggled in response and Xander, as usual, looked horrified. “Maybe,” Buffy had confirmed with a small smile.

“I like Spike, he’s small but compactly muscled,” Xander chose the moment to pipe up. Buffy raised a questioning eyebrow, as much for the comment as for the sudden change in his attitude toward her boyfriend.

“What? It’s nice to have more testosterone around the place,” Xander said as way of explanation.

“And it may stop people from thinking you like men with comments like that,” Anya teased. Her eyes lit up and she continued, “But we can always try that, too. With a man I mean. Although I would have guessed you wanted two girls, most men do…” her inquiry was cut short when Xander quickly placed his hand over her mouth.

“That’s enough, Ahn, I’m sure Buffy has other, non-creepy things to do and think about.”

“Yeah, like make sure she’s ready for a sweaty sex-fest tonight,” Anya supplied when she was free to talk again. Her comment earned another deep blush from Xander and a low giggle from Buffy.

The couple had left shortly after the turn in conversation and Buffy had dealt with the events that followed. She smiled to herself as she climbed the stairs to shower and primp for the night. She would definitely make sure to set out some candles and use plenty of her favorite vanilla body wash.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spike arrived exactly thirty minutes after Buffy finished her shower.

“’Lo, love,” he said when she opened the door, leaning in to steal a welcoming kiss.

“Hey you, ready for a movie?” Buffy said perkily, trying to hide her nervousness.

“Sure, pet. Where’s nibs?”

“She’s, uh, spending the night at Janice’s. I promised we’d make up movie night to her tomorrow,” she said, watching him through lowered eyelashes.

“Oh, really?” Spike’s eyes took on a meaningful gleam and he moved closer to her. “So you’re tellin’ me we’ve got this whole house to ourselves all night long? Whatever shall we do?” Spike pulled her body in close to his own and Buffy could feel her heart racing as she looked up at him.

“I, uh, have something to tell you,” Buffy stammered before he had a chance to kiss her senseless and make her forget.

“Hmm?” he made the questioning sound while running a hand through her hair, looking at her as if deciding what part of her to devour first. “What’s going on in that pretty li’l head of yours? Nervous?” He leaned down to rain small kisses and nibble down the column of her neck.

“Y-yes. I mean… no,” she started. She took a deep breath and tried again. “Nervous? Yes, a little, but I really have something serious to tell you first.”

Spike instantly sobered and looked up at her, but didn’t let her go. When she indicated that he should follow her to the sofa in the living room, he followed her.

“A social worker stopped by today to talk to me about Dawn,” Buffy started, focusing her gaze on their interlocked hands. “Let’s just say she wasn’t the nicest woman I’ve ever met…” Buffy related the events of the afternoon visit with the social worker in full detail. She made allowances for Spikes interspersed outbursts and occasional growls.

“Who the bleedin’ hell does she think she is tellin’ ya that yer not motherin’ material!” Spike nearly shouted at the end of the tale. “You’re the sweetest, most accomodatin’ sister I’ve ever seen. No one dotes more on the bit than you.”

Buffy looked up at him, humor coloring her expression.

“Alright, me an’ Da do, too, but Buffy,” he looked deeply into her troubled eyes. “You know what she’s sayin’ is a load of rot, right? Sounds like a right stupid bint who ought to find some other way o’ terrorizin’ people.”

“I don’t know what a bint is, but I assume it’s bad, so I agree,” Buffy smiled softly, hoping to reassure him. The regression of his accent into cockney slang and the tension in his body was a sure sign he would rather be throwing things around the place or ripping someone’s throat out to deal with his emotions than remaining calm. “It’s okay. I’ll find some way to talk to her again. Set up an appointment and speak to her. Maybe when we’ve got some more information on where we’re moving and what our income will be like.”

“’S not the point, love,” Spike admired her strength in light of the situation and wished that he could do something more than just comfort her. “Jus’ please tell me you don’ believe what she said.”

Buffy ducked her head, the tears she’d been holding back threatening to fall again. “N-no, not really. But what if she’s right? I haven’t been taking care of Dawn that long and what if none of this works out? What if they take her away from me? I don’t know what I would do. She’s all the family I have left now.”

Spike felt his rage rise again at the sorry excuse for a human being that caused Buffy to doubt herself. “She’s not right, sweetheart. You’ll do a’right, more than a’right. You got me an’ Da, you’re goin’ to look at places with Willow tomorrow. Someone’s already lookin’ at renting the house. And no one will take Dawn away from you, I won’t let ‘em.” He pulled her into his arms and held her close as they both contemplated what the future held for the two girls.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After Buffy’s admission of the afternoon’s events, the couple had settled in with some take-out that Spike had brought with him and watched a cheesy romantic comedy. Spike had been a pushover when Buffy demanded some light fluff to make her happy. They had cuddled on the sofa as on many previous occasions, but as the credits started rolling, the butterflies in Buffy’s stomach had returned with a vengeance. She’d had sex before. Angel was her first in high school, but he’d broken up with her shortly after. He had claimed it was because they shouldn’t hold each other back doing the long-distance thing, but Buffy had seen him with Harmony Kendall only a week after. Then there was Parker, the college rebound guy, but that hadn’t worked out. She was still getting over Angel at the time so it had just been a whole big mess.

Like Buffy, Spike was having his own internal dialogue about his past experiences. He was pretty sure he was falling for Buffy and knew that after tonight nothing would make him stay away from her. Spike did worry however, that there was so much going on in her life that she may not be ready for him to tell her that. He was always the guy who fell fast and hard and loved deeper and truer than any guy he’d ever spoken to. Spike just hoped that wouldn’t scare her away.

The DVD returned to the menu screen and Buffy shifted from her spot on Spike’s chest to look up at him. No words were necessary or spoken as he leaned in for a breath-stealing kiss that left Buffy feeling like putty in his hands. Or some sort of yummy, gooey substance. She snaked her arms up around his neck as he continued to deepen the kiss. Spike pulled her fully onto his lap and started running his hands up and down her sides, ghosting over the sides of her breasts. The feather-light touches caused Buffy to shiver in anticipation, and she dared to let one of her hands begin exploring the hard planes of his chest.

“Care to move this upstairs, love?” Spike murmured against her throat when they finally broke apart, both catching a much needed breath.

“Yeah, definitely,” Buffy smiled softly when his eyes darkened with desire. She disentangled herself from his arms and led him up the stairs and into her bedroom. He’d been there before, but this time it felt so much more nerve wrecking for her. Buffy turned and faced him, watching him as he took in her room as if it were the first time he’d seen it.

Spike noticed Buffy’s anxiety and slowly moved toward her again and kissed her softly on the lips. “We don’ have to do anything you’re not ready for, kitten.”

Smiling, Buffy reached up to capture his lips in her own passionate kiss. Those words were all she needed to realize she was doing the right thing, allowing him into this part of her life. Her hands started roaming freely over his upper body, skimming over his chest and abs, teasing at the hem of his t-shirt. When she finally slipped her warm hands beneath it, he moaned into her mouth and crushed her against him.

As soon as Buffy’s hands touched his bare skin, Spike lost all power to resist, not that he ever wanted to, anyway. He pulled her against him and explored her body anew with his hands. He made quick work of removing both his t-shirt and her top, desperate for the feel of skin against skin. He tore his lips from hers and brought them down along her neck and collarbone, his hands finding her soft breasts, still trapped in a lacy bra. Tweaking one of her nipples into hardness with his right hand, the left made quick work of unhooking her bra from behind.

Spike’s gasp when he finally removed her bra made Buffy’s eyes open, worried about his reaction to her less than ample chest. Seeing his pupils dilate and his eyes darken further assured her of his approval. She watched as he lowered his head to suckle on of her breasts while his other hand kept caressing the other. Buffy wasn’t conscious of moving backwards toward her bed until her knees hit the edge, momentum causing them to topple onto it.

Spike wanted to spend hours worshipping her body and couldn’t get enough of seeing her golden skin on top of the pink covers. He glanced up seeking approval as he unfastened her jeans and pulled both pants and panties down in one movement, revealing all of his golden goddess to him.

“Beautiful,” he gasped when he was able to take her all in before him. Buffy blushed deeply at his obvious perusal of her body, not used to such attention.

“Umm, isn’t it your turn to undress?’ She asked him, pointing at his jeans and boots when he had watched her for long silent moments. Spike leered at her in response and quickly shed his remaining clothing. Buffy could only look on in awe as he stood before her in all his naked glory. He looked like a marble statue. She let her eyes travel down his torso, taking in the well-muscled torso she had only guessed at earlier. She blushed deeply again when her eyes stopped on his erect cock, standing proudly against a nest of dark curls.

“You’re not half-bad yourself, mister,” Buffy teased as he prowled up her body like a panther.

“Tha’s all you can say? Not half-bad?” Spike rumbled against her.

Buffy giggled at his reproach, pinching him on the ass. “Well, as I’ve said before, you don’t need any more ego inflation. You know how hot you are.”

“Do I now?” Spike looked up at her, tongue tucked behind his teeth. “Not half as hot as you, though.”

Buffy blushed at the obvious compliment and tried to hide her embarrassment by pulling him down for a long kiss. Spike broke it before long, looking deeply into her eyes before kissing a path down her torso, pausing to lavish attention at her breasts.

“Need to taste you, pet,” Spike smiled up at her from his perch between her legs, licking his lips in anticipation. Buffy couldn’t speak as she watched him lower his head toward her wet center. The first lick from his talented tongue had her squirming on the bed. Spike put one hand on her stomach to hold her in place while using the other to insert a finger into her. As he started fingering her slowly with one hand, he used lips and tongue to stimulate her clit. Buffy was moaning softly at the sensations which she had never experienced before, feeling as if her body was coming alive for the first time.

Spike was amazed at how responsive Buffy was to his touch. His fingers were drenched with her sweet juices and it didn’t take more than a few licks and sucks to produce a fresh gush of heat. Before long, Buffy’s body was quacking and shivering on the brink of release and Spike raised his eyes to watch her face as he brought her over the first time, moaning his name.

Spike carefully withdrew his fingers out of her pussy, placing a soft kiss on her mound before picking his jeans from the floor and taking a condom out of his wallet, putting it on before crawling back up her body and settling between her thighs. The head of his cock nudged against her opening and he waited for Buffy to open her eyes.

“That was amazing,” Buffy said as she locked eyes with Spike, her body still tingling from her orgasm.

“Yeah, it was. Bloody amazin’,” Spike admitted as he leaned in for a tender kiss, cock straining to enter into the welcoming heat. Buffy deepened the kiss and squirmed beneath him, desperate to feel him inside of her. Spike started to slowly sheathe himself into her wet heat, moving deeper inch by inch.

“Christ, you’re so hot n’ tight, love,” Spike whispered when he was fully seated inside of her. Buffy was amazed at how full she felt, stretched to the limit in the most delicious way. She didn’t think it could feel any better until he started moving within her. Slowly she met him thrust for thrust as he hit the sensitive bundle of nerves inside her, causing her belly to tighten in anticipation a second time. Spike increased speed and she felt the pressure building until sensation exploded as her second orgasm ripped through her with mind-blowing intensity.

Spike couldn’t believe how good she felt wrapped tightly around his cock. It felt like a perfectly fitted glove as he thrust inside her. When the first fluttering of her muscles signaled her nearing orgasm, he changed angle slightly to increase friction for her. Buffy cried out her orgasm and Spike felt her muscles clamp down hard around him, bringing him over the edge, Buffy’s name on his lips.

Both lovers lay panting in the wake of the intense experience, content at the feel of the other in their arms. Spike raised his head and dropped a chaste kiss onto the tip of Buffy’s nose before rolling onto his back, disposing of the condom and then tucking Buffy in beside him.

“You’re bloody fantastic, love,” Spike murmured after settling. “Absolutely fuckin’ amazin’. And you bloody well better not tell me that was half bad,” he finished in a playful growl.

“Nah, way better than half-bad,” Buffy replied smiling. “Perhaps even ‘bloody fantastic’,” she finished with a bad imitation of his accent.

Spike chuckled and pulled her close as she yawned widely. His heart was screaming at her to tell her how he felt, that she was in him forever now. But the rational part of him knew it may be too much for her to handle. As he felt her breathing even out, and felt himself about to join her in sleep, his heart won out and he whispered a soft “I love you, Buffy.”