Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny, Love ya much!!!
After Spike gave Dawn some of the medicine and laid her on the couch to take a nap he picked up his cell phone and texted Buffy. Telling her that all Dawn had was the flu and that she was taking a nap. He also told her he loved her and would see her when she got home.

********((((((()))))))********

“I wonder why he never said anything”, Lorne, Anya, and Tara were in the backroom talking for the rest of their break.

“I think we should ask him about it” Anya said.

“Well, you girls are going to have to that by yourselves. The men folk have a very important meeting with the competitors over at Musical Mayhem tomorrow” Lorne said talking about the new music shop that just opened across the street.

“Aye Captain!” Anya mock saluted Lorne. Lorne and Tara just giggled.

********((((((()))))))********

Tuesday morning found Tara stocking CD’s as Anya flipped lazily through a bridal magazine. Anya looked up as the door opened and Spike walked through.

“’lo ladies” He smiled as he took off his leather coat and put it in the backroom.

“Hi Spike” Anya said closing the magazine and getting off the stool, “How are you feeling this fine morning?”

“Better” He said a little relieved that they didn’t ask any other more in depth questions.

“What was wrong with you?” Tara asked looking up from a Saliva cd she was stocking.

“Just a stomach thing” He shrugged, “Where are the boys?”

“They had a meeting at the new music place ‘cross the street” Anya explained coolly, although her expression read ‘Stomach thing, my ass’.

“Right” he said as he walked over to the computer and punched his code into it.

“Hey Spike, I gotta q..q..question for you” Tara stuttered and Spike gave her a quizzical look. He knew her well enough to know that she only stuttered when she was nervous.

“Yea pet?”

“Umm... well the thing is... why d..d..didn’t you” That was all she got out because at that moment Anya’s mouth decided to make itself known.

“Why didn’t you tell use you had a kid?” Anya blurted out. Looking at Spike as his eyes widened comically, then over to Tara, “What? You were stuttering. A sloth could have asked faster than you”. After about a minute of Spike being quiet Anya let her mouth loose again. “Oh c’mon Spike, Tara and I both saw you at Wal*Mart yesterday”

“Oh, saw that did you?” He asked putting his hands in his jeans pocket.

“Well? Why didn’t you tell us you had a kid?” Anya asked again.

“Because most people would look down on us when we told them we had a baby, not being married and all. Some places wouldn’t even hire me when I told them I had a daughter” Spike explained as he played with the hem of his shirt.

“Really why?” Tara asked, stutters gone.

“Don’t know” He shrugged his shoulders at that.

“What’s her name?” Tara asked as she walked closer to them.

“Dawn Elizabeth Giles” He smiled as he bit his lip.

“Aww, that’s a cute name” Anya smiled as the first customer of the day walked in, “Hello Welcome to Music Mania, Please buy something expensive” Anya said with a huge smile plastered to her face.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hello lovely” Buffy smiled as Spike wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.

“Hi there stud muffin” Buffy smiled as she placed her small hands on top of his larger ones.

“Guess what? The art gallery called me back” She smiled.

“And?” He asked gently laying his head on her shoulder.

“I got the job, I start next week.” She smiled gazing up at him.

“That’s great luv” He stated as he kissed the tip of her nose, “But one question. What about Dawn?”

“I asked a good friend of mine if she wouldn’t mind babysitting a few days a week. She said she’d do it” She smiled as he tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Now it was his turn to smile as she leaned into his touch.

********((((((()))))))********

The week passed by smoothly, much to Spike’s liking.

********((((((()))))))********

“Mommy I want to stay with you” Dawn pouted as she stood in the kitchen Monday afternoon clutching onto her stuffed purple bunny for dear life.

“I know you do baby, but you can’t” Buffy said as she looked down at her daughter.

“But why?” She whined.

“Because daddy is at work and mommy has to go to work” Buffy explained running her hand over Dawn’s head.

“Can’t I come with you?” She asked on the verge of tears.

“I’m sorry sweetie, no. But you’ll like mommy’s friend Willow. She’s funny and smart and nice” Buffy sighed as Dawn buried her head in her side crying.

********((((((()))))))********

“Dawnie do you want to play a game?” Willow asked. She had been babysitting for an hour and Dawn looked bored and upset, “I brought candyland”

“No!” Dawn hmmphed as she sat down on the couch beside willow.

“Well what do you want to do then?” Willow asked sitting back into the couch.
“I don’t know” She pouted and crossed her little arms across her chest as she thought of something. After a minute of thinking she asked, “Can we go for a walk? Mommy always takes me for a walk when there’s nuffin’ to do”

“Yea, we can do that” Willow brightened up, “Let me just grab the keys and my cell phone. Ready?”

“Yea” Dawn smiled as she slid off the couch.

********((((((()))))))********

“Here is where you will find those cd’s” Anya smiled as she helped a little girl find Lindsay Lohan cd’s. She turned towards the door when another customer walked in.

“Hello. Can I help you buy something?”

“No thank you, we just decided to stop in and look around” Willow smiled at the woman. Her smile didn’t last long as the little hand that was attached to hers suddenly let go. Looking down she saw Dawn heading over towards the counter.

“Daddy!” Spike looked up from the computer and saw Dawn running over to him. Getting off of the stool he quickly rounded the counter and scooped her up into his arms.

“Hello lit’le bit” He kissed her forehead, “what’re you doin’ ‘ere?”

“Willow tooked me for a walk”

“Did she now?” He asked placing her on the stool when someone tapped his shoulder.

“Excuse me sir?” A female voice asked. Spinning around, a girl about the age of 14 stood before him, “I was wondering if you could help me. I’m looking for 50 Cent’s new cd, Curtis”

“Ah yea, it’s right here” He smiled as he led her over to a display.

“Thank you” she smiled, “my sister is just going to love me. It’s her birthday tomorrow and I’ve been looking for this cd everywhere” She smiled as he led her over towards the counter.

“If you want we have posters of the album cover, I could grab two for you” He explained as he rang the cd up.

“Could you? You wouldn’t get in trouble or anything would you?” She asked.

“Na” He smiled as he bent down to get the posters out from under the counter for her.

“Here ya go” he smiled as he handed her the posters and she handed him the money.

“Thank you so much, you’re a real lifesaver” She smiled.

“No need to thank me luv, just tell your sis to enjoy her birthday” He smiled his thousand watt smile as she nodded and left the store.


********((((((()))))))********

“Hey Tara” Gunn mouthed as he walked out of the shop’s bathroom, “Who’s the girl?”

Looking in the direction in which he was pointing she shrugged, “Beats me”. “Maybe Anya knows”

“Hey” Tara said when she reached Anya, “Who’s the girl?”

“Spike’s daughter” Anya smiled as she watched her swirl around on the swivel stool watching her father’s every move.

“Umm... that’s nice but, I was actually asking about the red head” Tara smiled looking over at the girl in question.

“Babysitter. Her name is Willow. Why don’t you go introduce yourself?” Anya suggested smiling.

“I don’t know” Tara said watching Willow cautiously as if she were an animal in a zoo.

“Just go” Anya smirking as she gave her a push.

‘Ok Tara, you can do this. You can do this. Uh oh I can’t do this’ Tara berated herself as she stopped in the middle of the shop.

“Hi I’m Willow!” An enthusiastic voice broke her shyness.

“Hello, I’m Tara” She smiled as she found her voice.