Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny!!! Love ya!!
“Daddy!” Dawn whispered, “This chair is fun” She laughed as she spun around on the stool.
“Yea, I like it too” He smiled as he picked her up and sat down on the stool, putting her on his lap he typed something into the computer. Looking down he realized Dawn was watching his fingers move on the keys. Kissing her head he got back to typing.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hey” Lorne smiled as he stopped beside Gunn. Looking around the shop he watched Anya help yet another customer, he really did love that girl, sure she was loud and outspoken but she was one of his highest payed employees. He let his eyes roam farther. Seeing Tara talking to an adorable red head made him smile. ‘It’s about time that girl met somebody new’ He thought. Finally he spotted Spike and a little girl? “Gunn who’s that cute little creature?”

“Dunno” Gunn shrugged.

“Well I will in a minute” Lorne smiled as he headed over towards Spike. “Hi there Spike”

“Oh hey Lorne” Spike smiled as he looked up from the computer screen then back again.

“And who’s this adorable piece of pound cake?” Lorne asked kneeling to get a better look at her.

“This is my daughter, Dawn” Spike smiled when Lorne’s gaze flickered up to meet Spike’s eyes then back down to Dawn’s.

“Hi I’m Lorne” He smiled at her.

“Hi” She smiled nuzzling into her father’s chest.

“How old are you?”

“This many” She smiled holding up three fingers.

“Well tha” Lorne was interrupted by Willow walking over.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt anyone it’s just that’s it’s getting late and Dawn looks a little sleepy” She smiled as she watched Dawn try to say that she wasn’t sleepy as a big yawn betrayed her.

“C’mon sleepin’ beauty” Spike smiled, kissing he forehead as he lifted her up and handed her to Willow.

“Bye daddy” Dawn waved as she yawned again as Willow walked out the door.

“So?” Lorne turned back to Spike, “Daughter huh?”

“Yea” He smiled.

“That’s cool. Well I have some stuff to do see you in a little while” Lorne walked away and Spike let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding

********((((((()))))))********

The weeks flew by. It was easier now for Buffy to leave Dawn with Willow seeing as how she liked Willow and wouldn’t cry and throw a fit every time she would leave to go to work.

********((((((()))))))********

“Hey Buffy” Willow smiled as she let herself into the house.

“Hey” Buffy stated dryly as she swirled her hot chocolate half heartedly.

“Are you ok?” Willow asked getting worried at her lack of response. But the climax of her worries came when Buffy lifted her head and Willow could see the tear tracks down her cheeks.

“What am I going to do?” Buffy asked as new tears fell.

“About what?” Willow asked tilting her head.

“I’m pregnant” Buffy’s bottom lip quivered as she spoke.

“Oh Buffy” Willow said as she rounded the counter and gathered her in her arms.

“I just got caught up with all the classes that I missed while I was pregnant with Dawn, I don’t know if I can go through that again” Buffy sobbed into Willow’s shoulder. Willow, not sure of what to say, just held her.

********((((((()))))))********

“Buffy?” Spike asked as he closed the front door. Not hearing anything he quickly walked up the stairs and pushed open the door to his and Buffy’s room. Buffy was seated on the edge of their bed twisting Mr. Gordo around in her nervous yet fearful hands. Sitting beside her, he took in her body language; he could tell that she was scared of something. But what?

“Luv?” He stated as he laid his hand on her back.

“Oh Spike. I really need to tell you something and I need you to let me finish before you say anything” She stated as he waved his hand indicating for her to go on.

“I took a pregnancy test today, and it came back positive” She kept her eyes on the floor so she wouldn’t have to see the shame in his eyes for what she was about to tell him, “But, I don’t know if I want to keep it” She closed her eyes tight as he leapt off the bed shouting.

“What the bloody hell do you mean you don’t know if you want to keep it? Why on fucking earth would you not want it?” He paced the floor.

“Because we are still so young and I just got caught up with the work I missed while I was pregnant with Dawn”

“Oh, so you don’t want to keep our baby because you don’t want to have to do make-up work? How very not self-centered of you” He growled running his fingers through his hair in an agitated manner.

“It’s not like that, Spike” Buffy tried to reason.

“No! I’ll tell you what it’s not like” He yelled making Buffy jump at the harshness of his words. Lowering his voice to a painful whisper he added, “How do you think it makes me feel when my girlfriend, the woman I love, I might add, tells me that she’s pregnant and doesn’t want it. How do you think it makes me feel when I think that I’ll never get to rub your stomach and talk to our baby growing inside you? I’ll never get to hold my child in my arms as it sleeps? How do you think it makes me feel knowing that the woman I love, killed my baby? How do you think that makes me feel?” He asked not bothering to wipe the tears that were running down his cheeks.

“Not every thing is about you” Buffy pointed out as she wiped her eyes.

“Oh that’s right!” He scoffed, “Queen Buffy, righteous ruler of planet “it’s all about me!” Well guess what your majesty! It is about me when you are carrying my child, the child who you’re not sure you want” He stopped talking a minute. “I don’t even know you right now. Why don’t you give me call when Buffy decides to return? I’ll see you when you decide to grow up and start taking responsibility” With that he walked down the stairs out the door, slamming it behind him so hard it fell off its hinges.