Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Brittny!!
“William?” Giles asked tiredly as he opened the door to his house and looked at the face of his watch.

“Hi da’” Spike sighed as he shuffled his feet back and forth.

“What’s wrong?” Giles asked as Spike crossed the threshold.

“Buffy and I got into a fight and I stormed out” Spike explained, sitting down on the couch.

“What was the fight about?” Giles asked as he went into the kitchen to brew some tea.

“She told me that she’s pregnant”

“That’s wonderful, son” Giles smiled wide as he came into the living room with a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea.

“I wouldn’t start knitting booties just yet” Spike said as he took a careful sip of his tea.

“Why not?” Giles asked looking at his son.

“Because she doesn’t know if she wants it” Spike whispered as a few tears escaped.

“Oh William-”

“Da’ can you not “Oh William” me right now? I just need a place to stay while I clear my head” He said a little bitterly.

“Of course. Your room is the way you left” Giles said taking off his glasses to clean them as Spike climbed the stairs.

“G’night da’”

“Good night, son” Giles called back.

********((((((()))))))********

“Tara?” Lorne asked standing behind the counter of Music Mania.

“Yea?” She asked stopping in front of the counter on her way to open the front door for the day.

“Isn’t Spike usually here by now?” He asked looking at his watch seeing that it read 10:00; he was getting a little worried.

“Maybe he’s just running a little late, but if you’re that worried I could call his house” She smiled as she reached for the phone. Dialing his number she waited for someone to pick up.

“Hello?” A female voice answered the phone.

“Buffy?” Tara asked.

“No, this is Willow, Buffy is at work. May I ask who’s calling?” Willow asked.

“This is Tara, from Music Mania. We were just wondering if Spike was coming to work today” Tara asked.

“Ummm...I don’t know. He’s not here” Willow stated as she handed Dawn a banana.

“Well do you know where he is?” Tara asked as she looked over at Lorne, whose worried looks grew.

“No, nobody does. He left the house last night after Buffy and him got into a fight, and no ones seen him since” Willow explained as she walked into the living room away from Dawn.

“Oh my” Tara exclaimed, “And no one knows where he’s at?”

“Not that I know of. But if I had to guess I would guess he was at his father’s” Willow suggested.

“You wouldn’t happen to have the number for there would you?” Tara asked getting a piece of paper and a pen as Willow gave her the number, “Thank you, Willow”

“Well that was weird” Tara stated once she had hung up the phone.

“What was weird?” Gunn asked as he came into the front room, followed by Andrew.

“I just got off the phone with Willow, She said that Spike and Buffy got into a fight and he left. No one’s seen him since. But Willow gave me the number to his father’s house, so I’m going to call him” Tara stated as she dialed the number.


“Hello? Giles residence.” Giles spoke into the phone.

“Ummm... hello. My name is Tara and I’m looking for Spike” She spoke.

“Yes, he’s upstairs” Giles said.

“Good” Tara breathed, “Is he okay?”

“I should say not! Not after the night he went through!” Giles snapped.

“Oh the fight? Yea Willow told me they had a fight” She said.

“She didn’t tell you what it was about though, did she?” Giles asked taking off his glasses to clean them.

“No she didn’t” Tara stated, “Just said that they got into a fight and he left. Probably over something stupid, like who ate the last piece of pizza” Tara smiled slightly.

“Actually no, it was a little more than that” Giles sighed, “He came over here crying. She told him that she’s pregnant, but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to keep it”

“Oh!” Tara gasped as she put her hand to her mouth as she gasped, “Oh my” At this Gunn, Lorne, Anya and Andrew stopped what they were doing and watched her.

“Is that all he said?” Tara asked once the shock melted away a little.

“No. He also said that he needed a place to stay for a few days while he cleared his head” Giles said as he felt sorry for the pain his only son was going through at this moment, he would give anything so that William would never have to feel this amount of pain again.

“A few days?” Tara asked, “Okay then well can you tell him that he has the rest of the week off? Tell him to get as much rest as he can and to give me a call if he needs anybody to talk to” Tara smiled as they said their parting words and hung up the phone.

“Well?” Anya asked.

“The fight was big guys” Tara said sadly.

“They didn’t break up did they?” Anya asked.

“No, well not that I know of” Tara answered her question as best she could.

“What was the fight about?” Andrew asked.

“Apparently, Buffy told Spike that she’s pregnant” She paused, “But didn’t know if she wanted the baby”

“Wait what?” Anya voiced.

“Yea. They got into a fight, he stormed out and showed up at his father’s crying” Tara relayed the story.

“Oh wow” Andrew whispered sadly.

********((((((()))))))********


“William?” Giles opened the door to his son’s room. He moved silently over to the bed, “William?” He asked again.

“What?” Spike asked without opening his eyes.

“Just wondering if you were going to sleep the day away” Giles asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Just might” Spike sighed as he rolled over on his back and watched the ceiling intently, like they held the secrets of the universe.

“Tara called, she was worried about you” Giles stated as he watched his son.

“Thas nice” Spike sighed as he closed his eyes again.

“Are you hungry?” Giles wondered.

“A little I guess” Spike sighed as his stomach growled.

“Well then let’s go downstairs and get you something to eat” Giles suggested as he patted him on the arm.

“K” Spike sighed as he sat up and ran his fingers through his hair, “Be down in a minute”.

“Right” Giles smiled as he closed the door behind him.

********((((((()))))))********

“Willow?” Dawn smiled as she jumped onto the couch beside her, “Can we watch cartoons?”

“Sure, what do you want to watch?” Willow smiled as she grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned the TV on.

“Can we watch Rolie Polie Olie?” Dawn asked as Willow groaned a little but turned it on anyway, After all, it was the price you had to pay for watching your friend’s kid.

********((((((()))))))********

“So have you figured out what you are going to do?” Willow asked after Dawn went to bed.

“No, not yet” Buffy sighed looking down at her hands.

“It’ll all work out” Willow tried to reassure her while she rubbed her back.

“I hope so” Buffy whispered as a tear fell down her cheek.

********((((((()))))))********

Spike sighed as he put his hand on the door and pushed it open; walking into the room he didn’t see anyone so he walked over to the counter and punched his number into the computer. He had only been sitting there for about 3 minutes when the backroom door opened.

“Spike?” Andrew asked as he stepped out from the backroom, followed by the rest of the group.

“’lo Andrew” Spike smiled.

“Spike what are you doing here? Your dad said that you wouldn’t be in for the next week” Tara asked as she walked over to him.

“Couldn’t sit around the house anymore” Spike said, then smiled as Tara, Anya and Andrew ran over and gave him a huge hug, “Thanks luvs”

“You’re welcome Spike” Andrew smiled.

Spike shook his head and rolled his eyes.

********((((((()))))))********

‘It’s been almost a week’ Buffy sighed as she layed in bed, her head cradled on Spike’s pillow. ‘I need to talk to him’ Getting out of bed she slipped her slippers on and walked towards the stairs. At the top of the stairs, Buffy looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Dawn’s doll lying on the floor; bending over she reached for it at the same time her cell phone vibrated in the pocket of her robe, scaring her, she lost her footing.