Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed me, i really appreciate it.
“Mommy?” Dawn asked coming out of her room rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She screamed when she came to the top of the stairs and saw her mother’s body laying at the bottom of the stairs. “MOMMY?” Dawn cried as she ran down the stairs. “Mommy please wake up!” Dawn cried with desperation as she searched her mothers face. Running into the kitchen she grabbed the phone and dialed the number her parents had taught her to call incase of emergency. Giving the 9-1-1 lady all the information she put the phone back and ran back to her mother.

********((((((()))))))********

“Spike could you grab that?” Lorne asked as he was putting away new cd’s.

“Yea” Spike smiled as he grabbed the phone, “Hello, Music Mania, the one stop music shop. This is Spike”

“Is this William Giles?” A woman asked.

“Yes” He stated confused.

“I’m calling from Sunnydale Medical Center. Your girlfriend has been brought in”

“What?” He whispered.

“She took a nasty fall down the stairs, she-” She was cut off as Spike hung the phone up and ran out of the shop.

“What’s up with him?” Gunn asked.

“Dunno” Lorne said as he put a Rhianna cd away.

********((((((()))))))********

“Could you tell me what room Buffy Summers is in?” Spike hurriedly asked the woman behind the counter.

“She’s on the third floor in room 301” The woman smiled at him.

********((((((()))))))********

Stepping out of the elevator, he was greeted by the faces of his father and his daughter.

“Daddy!” Dawn cried as she ran to him.

“’ello lit’le luv” He cried as he kissed her forehead, letting her go he walked over to his father.

“Son” Giles nodded he nodded his head in encouragement. Spike smiled vacantly as he walked passed him into the room. In the middle of the room, Buffy was laying asleep on a bed. Sitting in the seat next to the bed, he grabbed her hand and stroked the back of it with his thumb. He closed his eyes as he layed his head on the bed next to her hand.

********((((((()))))))********

Walking into the room, Dr. Monroe looked up from his clipboard to see Buffy wasn’t alone anymore. He checked her vital signs and left the room smiling. Spike had of course been awake while the doctor was in but said nothing. Looking over at Buffy he watched as her eyelids fluttered open.

“Spike?” Buffy whispered roughly.

“Right here sweetheart” He stroked her hand.

“I’m so sorry about what I said” She told him looking into his sapphire gaze.

“Me too” He said as he cupped her face.

“Spike, th...they....told me... tha...that I lost....it” She struggled to get the words out as her reserve broke and tears found their way down her cheeks, “And...I had decided that I wanted it” She closed her eyes as Spike’s eyes filled.

“Oh luv” Spike said as tears fell. Kissing her hand.

“Spike? Can you hold me? Please?” Her bottom lip quivered.

“Anything for you luv” He said as he crawled into bed with her, wrapping his arms around her he kissed her on the forehead. It wasn’t long until they were both asleep.

********((((((()))))))********

Feeling something on her cheek, Buffy opened her eyes.

“Was wonderin’ when you were gonna get up” Spike told her.

“Where’s Dawn?” Buffy asked looked into his azure gaze.

“Went home with my da’” He said tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

“I don’t know what I would have done without her” She saw the confusion in his face, she added, “She was the one found me and called 9-1-1”

“Smart bird, we’ve taught her well” He kissed her temple, Breathing in the flowery scent of her hair.

“Spike, I missed you...so much” She cried as she buried her head in his shirt.

“Me too, luv. Me too” He sighed as he closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame, letting her cry until she fell back asleep.

********((((((()))))))********

“Grampa Giles?” Dawn asked as she looked up from her coloring book.

“Yea Dawn?” He lowered his glasses.

“When is mommy and daddy coming home? I miss them” She asked pouting. Putting down her yellow crayon, she watched Giles intently.

“Come here” He smiled as he patted his leg, and laughed a little as she jumped into his lap, “I don’t know when they will be home, but I’ll tell you what. How about I take you to the hospital tomorrow afternoon so you can visit. How’s that sound?”

“Really?” She squealed as he nodded his head ‘yes’, “I love you Grampa!”

“I love you too” He laughed as she jumped down and started coloring again.

********((((((()))))))********

“Have any of you talked to Spike since he ran out of here yesterday?” Lorne asked his employees as they all sat in the backroom waiting to open the shop.

“No, I hope he’s okay” Tara sat worried.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s strong, and tall, and has amazing blues eyes... and an accent to die...for...and...gorgeous...and” Andrew faded off.

“Um Andrew, Little drool” Anya smiled as she pointed out to him as he started rubbing his mouth.

“Well if we are all done picking on each other it is time to work” Lorne smiled as he stood up and walked into the front of the shop.

********((((((()))))))********

“Luv?” Spike asked as they layed on the hospital bed watching some daytime tv program.

“Yea?” Buffy turned her head to look at him.

“How long did it take for you to decide you wanted the baby?” He took to running his fingers through her silken strands.

“Yesterday, when I woke up. I had a dream; Dawn was lying with me in bed, she told me that I better get up because you were already up. For some reason I looked over at the door way and you were standing there holding a baby in your arms, you walked over to me and told me that our little one needed his mum. Just as you were about to hand him to me I woke up. I felt so sad, I rolled over and found your pillow and buried my head into it. I decided to go find you, I walked to the top of the stairs and saw Dawn’s doll lying on the top stair. I bent over to pick it up, and felt my phone vibrate in my phone. I remember slipping on the stair, but the next thing I remember is waking up here and the doctor telling me that I lost it” She tried to hold her tears at bay, but lost when she saw the tears filling up in his eyes.

“I’m so sorry that I wasn’t there for you. God I’m such a git!” He stated loudly.

“No you’re not, you’re the man I love” She stated as more tears fell.

“Oh luv, I promise I will make this up to you, even if take a lifetime, I will do it” He cupped her cheek.

Leaning in to his touch, she smiled a watery smile, “I don’t need all that, all I need is you” She breathed a relived sigh as his lips met hers tentatively.

“You have me” He said as the broke apart. Pulling him back down to her they continued to kiss for what seemed like forever.


TBC...