Author's Chapter Notes:
Let me know what you think
Sunday was pretty much the same. They went to work, they helped customers, and they tried to figure out what Spike was hiding, then they closed up and went home.

********((((((()))))))********

Monday Morning at Music Mania, 6:40 a.m.

Lorne walked into the backroom to grab the posters of new releases when the phone rang, “Tara, could you get that sweetling?” He called out from the room.

“Yea” She smiled as she walked behind the counter, “Hello, Music Mania, the one stop music shop. This is Tara”

“Hi Tara, this is Buffy”

“Hi Buffy!” Tara said excitedly, “What’s up?”

“I was calling about Spike”

“Oh Spike’s not here, but he should be soon” She said a little confused.

“Oh I know. That’s why I’m calling. He isn’t feeling well this morning and doesn’t think he’ll be able to make it into work today” Buffy explained.

“Okay well, I hope he feels better”

“Thanks Tara”

“No problem, I’ll see you later”

“Okay, bye”

“Who was that, Tara?” Lorne asked coming up beside her as she hung the phone up.

“That was Buffy, apparently Spike’s not feeling well and can’t come in” She relayed Buffy’s message.

“Okay” Lorne sighed as he walked over to the window and started taping the posters up.

********((((((()))))))********

At Spike and Buffy’s, 6:30 a.m.

“Mommy” Dawn said lightly as she walked into the living room holding her stomach.

“Yes baby” Buffy said noticing that she was looking a little green.

“My tummy hurts, I don’t feel good”

“Do you want some crackers?” Buffy asked as Dawn nodded her head yes. Handing her some crackers she told her she was going to get the thermometer from the upstairs bathroom, she’d be right back.

Walking back into the kitchen, Dawn was no where to be found. Going over to the downstairs bathroom Buffy heard the tell tail signs of retching.

“Honey are you okay” Buffy asked as she smoothed the hair on her head as dawn wiped tears away from her eyes.

“No” Dawn said shakily and started crying again.

“Well why don’t I take your temperature” Buffy smiled warmly as she picked her up careful not to jostle too much. She put her down on the couch and took her temperature. Taking it out of her ear, she looked at the digital face of the device, ‘101*F, Oh my’ Buffy thought. Walking into the kitchen she picked up the phone and dialed a number. Placing the phone back on its base she walked back into the living room to check on Dawn. Seeing that she was fast asleep she walked up the stairs to her and Spike’s room.

“Spike hunny” She said as she knelt next to the bed, “Spike wake up” At this he mumbled and rolled over, “Spike” She tried again. ‘Okay’ she thought, ‘Time to bring out the big guns. She leaned close to his ear and in the huskiest voice she could manage she said, “Spike I’m not wearing anything” She smiled as she bit his ear.

“Wha’?” He asked as he quickly turned over.

“Knew that’d wake you up” She smiled at his frown, “Anyway, I need a favor. Dawn’s sick, and I need you to take her to the doctors. Her appointment is at 10, I’d take her myself but I have to be in school in half an hour and Principal Snyder told me if I missed one more day I won’t be able to graduate”

“That man’s a dickhead. Yeah I’ll do it, just need to call work and let them know I won’t be coming in” He said as he sat up and rubbed his fingers through his sleep mussed hair.

“I’ll do it, why don’t you get dressed” She suggested as he nodded in agreement.

********((((((()))))))********

“Okay I gotta go” Buffy kissed him on the lips and knelt down to give Dawn one on the top of her head as she slept. “Don’t forget her appointment” She smiled as she walked out the door and got into her car.

Spike made some breakfast, and then watched cartoons until 9:00. At which point he gently woke Dawn up and told her they had to leave in 15 minutes to get to her doctor’s appointment.

********((((((()))))))********

Walking out of the doctor’s office, Spike carried a sleeping Dawn over to their car. Stopping at the Wal*Mart in town to get her flu medication.

********((((((()))))))********

“Okay, so why are we buying condoms and on our lunch break no less?” Tara asked as she walked up the aisle behind Anya.

“Because Xander and I used the last one yesterday and I didn’t feel like making a second trip” Anya smiled as she picked up the box she wanted.

“I don’t see why we can’t do normal things on our breaks, like the boys are doing right now” Tara’s voice trailed off as she looked at the aisle in front of them.

“What?” Anya said as she walked over to see what Tara was staring at. Right there in front of them was Spike, holding a little girl in his arms and from where they were, it looked like she was crying. Spike walked passed them to get to the registers.

********((((((()))))))********

“Daddy, I wanna go home”

“I know you do luv, but we need to get the medicine so you will feel right as rain” He smiled at her as he walked over to a register and paid for the medicine.
********((((((()))))))********

“Lorne!” Anya and Tara burst into Music Mania.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as they ran over to him. Good thing there weren’t any customers in yet, or else the girls might have scared them all away.

“We know what Spike is hiding!” Anya squealed, “We just saw him at Wal*Mart”

“Wait what? I thought he was sick?” He asked beyond confused.

“Apparently he wasn’t the one that was sick” Anya hinted.

“I’m confused” He stated.

“He was holding a little girl in the children’s medicine aisle. We heard her call him Daddy” Tara input.

“Spike has a daughter?” He asked.

“Looks that way” Tara said.

“Who’d a thunk” He asked stumped.

“Not me” Tara said.