Author's Chapter Notes:
Still lookin' around for the part, so here's another filler. I think this turned out okay. Let me know what you think. There's some dialouge between Angel(slanted) and a voice in his head(bold). I'm pretty sure we all know the voice in his head. If not then here's a hint. Begins with A ends in us.
The rest of the day was a blur to Buffy, but she didn’t really care. She didn’t even spare her friends a glance as she waved bye and walked home.

Once there, she went up to her room and actually did her homework. Then she set about cleaning up the house. She waited for a mother to get home on the steps. Joyce was shocked to see her daughter.

“You’re usually never home when I come in.” Joyce said. “Angel’s taking me on a date.” Buffy said.

“Ooh, and is he coming here?” Joyce asked, taking her jacket off.

“Yes. He’s picking me up here.” Buffy said, watching her mother put her jacket up and leave her purse on the little table by the door. “So…are you doing to tell him about Spike?” Joyce asked. “Mom.” Buffy sighed.

“No, listen to me,” Joyce said. Buffy just sat there. “I’m older than you. I know these things. You my seem like you know everything, but you don’t. Buffy this could only end up blowing up in your face. And you’ll wind up alone and hurt. You either need to pick or just stop completely. You cannot juggle two men around like that. It’s not right nor is it safe.” Joyce said.

“I’m not juggling two men around.” Buffy said.

“Really?” Joyce put her hands on her hips. “Aren't you dating two guys?” Buffy rolled her eyes. “I’m not dating two guys. Angel’s my boyfriend!” Buffy said.

“Then what’s Spike?”

That was the question. If Angel was her boyfriend then what would Spike be? Her little Cabaña boy? Her…mistress? Buffy groaned.

She put her face in her hands. “IthinkImightbefallin’forSpike.” Buffy mumbled. “What?” Joyce asked.

Buffy looked up at her mother. Her face completely confused. “I-I think I might be falling for Spike.” Buffy said. “Oh, honey. I’m sure you’re not. You and Angel are good together. He takes care of you.” Joyce said.

“But mom, you said that Spike was no Angel. You said he was great.” Buffy said. “True, but you’re in love with Angel. This thing with Spike is just a desire. Wanting what you can’t have. A just young desire is all.” Joyce said.

“Then how come when ever he’s around my heart becomes a race horse and when Angel’s around…I’m a child again?”

Joyce sighed. “Do you want my opinion? I mean honestly?” Joyce asked. “Yes! Anything will do.” Buffy said.

“Spike has that whole badboy persona. The thing like you had with the boy back in L.A.” “Pike.” Buffy said. “Yes. He’s got that. I know lots of girls like that. But with Spike…it’s more of a mask. When I talked with him that night, when you can your friends came…. Buffy I thought he was perfect for you. He was sweet and mannered. It was as if he were two people all at once. When I did meet Angel,” Buffy grinned a little. “He seemed…-”

“Lurky?” Buffy asked.

Joyce smiled. “No, almost hurt. He has this look in his eyes of someone that’s seen too many things in this world and all of them were bad. Honestly I don’t know how you fell in love with him.” Joyce finished.

“Mom!”

“What? You wanted my opinion!” Joyce said. Buffy sighed. Joyce smiled. She sat next to her daughter. “But the best advice I can give you is to follow your heart.” Joyce said. Buffy looked at her.

“But what if you’re heart in torn in two?” Buffy asked.

Joyce opened her mouth to say something, but stopped. She closed it again. “You are too young to be having these problems,” Buffy laughed and Joyce smiled.

“You’re growing too fast. I don’t know what happened. One day you’re trying to decide which Barbie you want to take to your cousin’s house and the next you’re trying to decide which guy you should dump. Argh, what happened?” Buffy gave her mother a practical smile. Joyce kissed her head and went upstairs. Buffy’s smile then turned into a frown.

“I became a Slayer.” She muttered.

She got up and went into the kitchen.

************************************************************************
Angel was walking down the street lost in his thoughts. Is what the others were saying true? Could Buffy really be seeing Spike on the side? It’s like I don’t know her anymore. Oh, stop being a woman! You know deep down Spike could have any girl he wanted and he’s picked yours. What you need to do is find the little bastard and put him back in his place.

Angel shook his head. No he couldn’t do that. That wasn’t him. He had a soul now. He wanted nothing more to do with his Childer.

And yet, they keep comin’. I think that’s telling you something Peaches.
Angel growled.

“Growlin’ at yourself, now that’s new.”

Angel whipped around and found one of his Childer. Spike was standing there with his hands in his jean pockets and a cigarette in his mouth. He had his scarred eyebrow lifted as he regarded his Grandsire. “What do you want, Spike.” Angel asked, anger evident in his voice. “Ooh, nasty tone Peaches. Sorry I interrupted you’re broodin’.” Spike smirked.

Either punish him or kill him. Either way it’ll end your problems. The voice spoke up in Angel’s head. “What are you doing here, Spike?” Angel asked. “Walkin’. You?” Angel smirked.

“On my way to Buffy’s house. Picking her up for our date.” Angel saw the tick in Spike’s jaw.

He couldn’t help the small tingle of satisfaction at Spike’s annoyance at that.

“’S that right?”

“Yep. Told me to pick her up at 6:30.” Angel said. What the bloody hell is the chit playin’ at? Spike thought. “Well innit that cute, Slayer and Peaches goin’ on a date.” Angel smirked. “What’s the matter, Spike? Sound a little jealous.” Angel said. Spike shrugged.

“Just odd.” He said.

“What’s odd?” Angel asked.

“Well, I just saw her…what? The other night.” Angel’s nostrils flared as his anger began to fill again.

Spike smirked on the inside. He always knew when he was getting to Angel. “Had some ice cream. Doesn’ seem to keen ‘bout you though. Couldn’ get the poor girl to stop doggin’ you.” Angel growled then. Spike smirked now. “But maybe she just wants to keep up appearances.”

Next thing Spike knew was that he was pinned up against a tree with his Gransire in his face. “You know what I think. I think you’re lying. Because Buffy wouldn’t waste her time with scum like you.” Spike smirked.

“Don’ you mean scum like us?” Spike asked.

Angel frowned. “We’re one in the same, mate.” Angel growled and shook Spike. “I am nothing like you.” Angel said through gritted teeth. “True…I mean look who’s hotter.” Angel growled again then threw Spike away from him.

Spike rolled on the sidewalk then landed on his side. His smirk never left his face. “You better shove off, mate. You’re date wouldn’ be too pleased if you were late.” Angel came toward Spike and gave him a swift kick in the gut. Spike groaned and balled up.

Angel walked away.

Alright! Now if we can just get a little more gusto and then he’ll be done with.

“Shut up.” Angel muttered. I need to find Buffy and find out what the hell is going on. Angel thought.

Spike stayed on the sidewalk for a few minutes before he got up. He groaned. He rubbed the back of his head then looked at his head. No blood, which was a good sign.

He looked around and sighed.

He needed to find Buffy and find out what the hell was going on. He walked the way Angel came and set off for the mansion. Hopefully he’ll find her tomorrow.