Author's Chapter Notes:
I got one in on a timely fashion. I promise to try to work on my timing, but nothing's solid yet.
Buffy walked home with her friends after Angel left them about 15 minutes ago. They were talking about Spike just showing up out of no where and just attacking them.

They had dropped off Oz and Cordelia on their way.

They finally got to Buffy’s house. Buffy reached into her pocket and pulled out her key. She unlocked the back door and was about to led her friends into the kitchen when she saw Spike and her mother.

“GAH!” She slammed the door shut, making the others step back. Spike jumped. He looked at Joyce. “You didn’ see me.”

He got up and dashed off into the next room. “What the hell was that?” Xander asked. “My mother’s boyfriend. I don't like him.” Buffy said, thinking quickly.

“Oh.” Willow said. After a moment Buffy opened the door and peeked in.

“He’s gone. You scared him off.” Joyce said, slightly confused.

Buffy opened the door and they came in. “What the hell was your boyfriend doing here?” Buffy asked.

Thankfully her friends were behind her so they couldn’t see the ‘play along’ look Buffy was giving Joyce.

Joyce frowned then understood. “Oh! Well I can have him over if I like. He’s very nice.” Joyce said.

Buffy snorted.

“I think she was ruined after that whole Ted thing.” Xander said. “Somewhat. It’s just this guy is an asshole.” Buffy said.

"Buffy Anne Summers! You will not talk like that in this house.” Joyce said. “Sorry!” Buffy said quickly.

“But it’s true.”

Joyce gave her a look. Buffy just shrugged.

“Besides, he’s very charming.” Buffy made a face.

“Well we’ll be on our way. We were just making sure she stayed out of trouble.” Xander said. Buffy smiled. They left and Buffy stood there tapping her nails on the counter.

Spike peeked around the corner and grinned. “Hey, luv.” He said. “Why in the hell are you here?!” Buffy asked. “Buffy.” Joyce said.

“Uh…I needed to talk to you.” “Well I don’t want to talk to you.” Buffy said.

Joyce shook her head. “Buffy, stop being so hostile.” Buffy made a face and Joyce looked at Spike.

“So this is the guy competing against Angel.”

Buffy’s eyes grew wide and she looked at Spike. “What did you tell her?!” she asked. “Nothin’ much. Just said that I was gonna kick Angel’s arse if he touches you again.” Spike said. Buffy rolled her eyes. “I’m not yours, plus he’s my boyfriend. And I don’t want you here. So leave.” Buffy said.

Spike groaned and looked at Joyce. “Is she always this aggravatin’?” Spike asked.

“What?!” Buffy asked.

“No mostly just stubborn.”

“Mom!”

“Alright. Well I’m glad to meet you Spike.” He nodded. “Like wise.” He said. She got up and left, but not without giving Buffy a look.

Buffy took the mugs they were using early off the table. Spike cocked his head and watched her. She put them in the sink and started to wash them. Spike came around the counter, but Buffy stopped him.

“Don’t.” she said with a stern voice.* He stopped and sighed. “Bu-”

“No. I told you to get out earlier.” She said. “Pet, I wanna talk.” Spike said.

“Well I don’t.”

“Well I don’ give a bloody damn.” Buffy spun around.

“What?! Okay? What is it that you want to talk about, huh? About how-how you practically raped me back in that alley? Or how about how you just…spat in my face in the other day? Which do you wanna talk about?” Buffy asked.

She was trying her hardest not to get emotional over him. Because really she just met him. He was an evil, soulless vampire that was made to kill her. How could he ever understand how she felt?

Spike’s jaw ticked. “Buffy ‘m sorry.”

“Yeah, well so am I.”

“Stop that! ‘M serious, Slayer. I really mean it. ‘M sorry. For-for everythin’. I had no right to do that to you in the alley and…fuck.” Spike muttered. He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up in the back slightly. He looked at the ground, thinking.

Spike was honestly confused. Here he was in the Slayer’s house! He could be draining her and her mother dry, but no!

He was standing in front of her like a bloody ponce and apologizing! He didn’t apologize to anyone!

But yet here he was.

How was he going to make her understand that he was trying?

Spike looked up at Buffy and his heart dropped. Her eyes were glassy and she was holding onto the edge of the counter until her knuckles were as white as him. Spike knew what he had to do then. He had to make her understand.

Spike took two strides toward her and hugged her.

Buffy was watched as Spike struggled to get his words. She couldn’t trust him. Anything that came out of his mouth had to be a lie.

She knew that.

So why was she standing there getting ready to cry?

She grabbed the edge of the counter and felt it bit into her hand. She was really trying to hold onto her anger. Anger meant that she could yell and hit and didn’t have to shed a tear…which also meant that she wouldn’t let him in.

But there she was, standing there with her hands hurting. Her vision blurred slightly as the tears welled up in her eyes.

She looked up and saw Spike look up at her as well. He looked shocked and awed.

But the next thing Buffy knew was that she was suddenly surrounded by him. He had wrapped her up into his arms and held onto her.

She resisted for a little, but then wrapped her arms around him and cried. “I couldn’t believe you…what you said to me.” Buffy sobbed. “I-it…it just hurt so much.”

“I know, luv. ‘M a bad, rude man. I honestly didn’ mean it.” He said. “Then why did you say it?” she asked.

“I don’ know. ‘Ve been askin’ myself the same question.” Spike muttered into her hair.

Buffy pulled back to look up at him. “I-I….” her throat got caught up, she couldn’t talk.

“Shh.”

Spike pressed her back to him. “Shh, don’ talk, kitten. I know how you feel. I really do.”

Joyce was standing on the other side and had listened to everything. Now she just wondered what happened between them that would cause her daughter to cry.

Spike and Buffy stayed that way for a long time. Spike then pulled back from her and kissed her tears away. He gently caressed her face as he looked into her eyes. “Pet, I would never do anythin’ to intentionally hurt you. But you’ve got to believe me. ‘M truly sorry about everythin’ ‘ve done.”

Buffy gave him a slight smile. “I believe you.”

He grinned.

He placed a gentle kiss to her lips. Buffy looked up at him and Spike saw that familiar twinkle in her eyes.

“But next time don’t think you can just come in here and charm me.”

Spike grinned. “Wouldn’ dream of it.” She had a full smile now, looking up at him.

Spike left about an hour later. Buffy didn’t tell her mother what happened when she asked. Joyce understood, but it was still bothering her.

Buffy went to bed a little while later. Buffy was sleep in her bed when she felt a slight pull.

She woke up with a start and looked around her room. Her room was only partly dark, thanks to the moonlight from her window.

Buffy scanned her room again. She didn’t know exactly what woke her up until she felt her Slayer senses tingle.

She got up and went to the window. She smiled.

Down on the lawn she saw Spike leaning against the tree by her window, smoking. He was looking right at her. In the moonlight his eyes seemed bluer and they drew her in.

She quickly left the window and went for her robe. She put it on and just as she was about to leave the room she heard her window open. She spun around and only had a second to gasp and then Spike’s cool lips, with the hint of tobacco, where on hers.

Spike gently pressed her against the door as he devoured her in his kiss.

Buffy’s hands came up and gripped his upperarms tightly. Then they slid up to the back of his head and pulled him down toward her.

Spike wrapped his arm around her waist and lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he pressed her against the door again. Buffy moaned as she felt his tongue roll against the roof of her mouth. Spike grinned and pulled back from the kiss.

Buffy gulped down some much needed air as she glazed into his crystal eyes. “What are you doing here?” she whispered. Spike looked at her mouth and grinned. He pecked her on the lips and said, “I wanted to say goodnigh’.” Buffy grinned. “You didn’t have to.” She said.

“No…but I wanted to.”

He let her go and she slid back down to the ground. Spike’s hand came up and brushed a few strands of hair behind her ear. He looked her over and grinned. “Look at you in your pjs. Good enough to eat.” She grinned. “Sorry, but the café is closed.”

He smirked. “Says who?” Buffy looked up at him and had that feeling again.

The feeling she was used to around him.

The one that made her feel utterly helpless around him.

The one that made her feel like she was a little girl again.

Spike looked at her and bit his lip. He grabbed her hand and walked backwards toward her bed. Buffy shook her head, but made no other move to stop him.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled her down onto his lap, her knees on either side of him.

“Spike, we shouldn’t be doing this.” Buffy whispered. Spike smirked. “Yea, keep sayin’ that.” He said.

“My mother is down the hall!” she hissed. Spike leaned up to her ear. His lips brushed against her ear, causing a chill to go down Buffy’s spine.

“All the more fun.”

She gasped as he squeezed her cheeks. He pulled back and she looked at him. “’Ll make it, quick.” He said with a grin.

Before she could even deny him again Spike kissed her. Buffy moaned and wrapped her arms around him. Spike mated their tongues together while he used his hands to move her over his erection. Buffy’s groan was swallowed by Spike.

Spike then moved his hands to the front of her pajama pants. He pulled the draw string on them. Buffy felt the pull and her hands were busy trying to get his clothes off.

His duster fell to the bed, still trapped under him. Spike pulled back from the kiss as they both panted for air that only one of them needed.

Buffy then cupped Spike’s face and brought her lips up to his and their kiss began again.

Buffy started to undo the buttons on Spike’s shirt. When she got to the bottom, Spike pushed her back and up off of him. Buffy pouted and he grinned. He gave her lip a little nip, before he proceeded to pull her pajama pants down.

As he did he took in the fact that Buffy…went commando.

She grinned shyly as Spike’s eyes ate her up. Spike licked his lips as she slowly stepped out of her pants. Spike slid his shirt off and grabbed Buffy, yanking her back down on his lap. She was only allowed half a yelp before Spike captured her lips again in a demanding kiss.

One that caused her heart to speed up, her stomach to burn and flip and her toes to not only want to curl, but to kick as well.

Spike reached down between them and undid the zipper on his pants. Buffy gulped and watched as his cock sprang from its confinement.

Spike grasped Buffy’s hips and lifted her up slightly. He moved her until she was right over his cock. Then he slowly lowered her.

The moment his cool, rock hard cock was incased inside her velvety heat…the dream ended.

Buffy jumped awake with a gasp. She sat bolt up in bed and looked around. Her room was lit with sunlight as she looked around. She swallowed hard as she panted.

Her pajamas were sticking to her from her sweat and she was sure from something else as well that came as a result from the dream.

Buffy finally looked at her clock and realized she woke up early. She sighed and laid back down, staring up at her ceiling.
************************************************************************
Spike then sat blot up in bed with a gasp. He was panting heavily as sweat glistened his pale body. He looked around his room and saw the outline of the sun on his darkened curtains.

He sighed.

He ran his hands through his hair and he shifted a bit…that’s when he felt it. He pulled the covers back and cursed. His sheets and his chest were coated with a white, gooey substance.

“Bleedin’ Slayer.” He grumbled.

He laid back down and sighed as he stared back up at the ceiling.

The same day later, when the sun was setting Buffy was in the library. She had arrived early for training so Giles jumped as he exited his office. “Buffy? What are you doing here? Is something wrong?” he asked. “No. Everything’s okay. It’s just…. Can we go over some things?” she asked.

Giles frowned. “What do you mean?” he asked. “Um, vampire things. Like vampire traits.”

“R-really?” Buffy nodded. “Um, were would you like to start?” he asked.

“How about anything and everything.”

Giles’s mouth dropped. Buffy stared at him for a moment. Then she rolled her eyes. “Hey, I have a right to know!” she said.

Giles shook his head as he came back. “Uh, yes you do. It’s just…well you don’t like to study and look over anything.” Giles said. “Well this I do.” Giles smiled. “Wait here.”

He rushed up the stairs and went to the back of the shelves. It took him about two minutes to come back with a pile of books. He set them down on the table and Buffy came over. “Is this everything?” she asked.

“Well, not really. But it’s a good place to start. As we move along I-I’ll, uh, get some from my private collection.” Buffy nodded. “Well let’s get started.”

They sat down and Buffy grabbed a book. She opened it to a random page. Giles took the book and turned it back a few pages. They were starting on different vampire turnings.

They spent that night and every night after that just training for 30 minutes and then studying for 2 hours and sometimes more. Giles was extremely shocked by Buffy.

Not only the fact that she even asked him, but how she asked so many questions. Giles had told Angel about it one night and he came every other night.

But because of this, Buffy and Spike hadn't seen each other in over two weeks. So he decided to go out looking for her one night.

Funny enough that was the same night that Giles had given Buffy a night off from study.

He actually did this for a bigger reason. Giles called a meeting with the others and Angel came as well.

The others were in the library waiting for him. But none of them noticed him entering. They were talking among themselves quietly. “What’s going on?” Angel asked, right behind Xander. Xander jumped and gave a girlish like ‘epp’. Angel just gave him an odd look. Xander’s chest and heart were pounding. He had his hand over his heart and pointed at Angel.

“You. Are. Not. Allowed. To. Do that!” He yelled. “Sorry.”

Angel shrugged. “Yes, well, we’re glad you’re here.” Giles said. “What did you need me for?” Angel then looked around. “And where’s Buffy?” he asked. “Uh, well you see…uh. It’s just that we didn’t invite, um, Buffy.” Willow said nervously.

Angel raised an eyebrow and looked at her. “Why not?” he asked.

“Angel, sit down. We’ll explain everything.” Angel went over to the table and sat down.

Buffy was out on patrol. She wasn’t actually paying attention. She was still thinking over the last thing her and Giles went over. They had just gone over vampire clans, Angel was there for this one.

He was describing his clan, saying that the Master used to be the head of the clan and then he was. But he wasn’t sure if he still was or if Spike’s head.

Buffy frowned, as she began to think. Now why would Spike be head of a cl- “Watcha thinkin’ ‘bout, kitten?”

A chill went straight down Buffy’s spine and she froze. Spike smirked as he sauntered up behind her.

“Hmm? What’s got that pretty lil head in a fog?” His voice was right next to her ear, causing another chill.

“Spike.” She whispered.

He grinned. “Where have you been, pet? Hm? Been lookin’ for you.” Spike moved around in front of her.

Buffy’s eyes were closed and her breathing was somewhat labored. Spike grinned again.

Spike took a step toward her and smirked as he felt her body temperature rise from his range. “Look at me, kitten.” Buffy slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him with lowered lashes. His thumb came up and caressed her cheek. “Where’ve you been?” Okay, you can do this Buffy. Just open your mouth and talk! Nothing hard about that….Right? She thought. Buffy gulped.

“I, uhh, um was….Wow you have gorgeous eyes.” Spike grinned and chuckled. “And…you’re really close.” Spike smirked. He came closer to her, almost pressing against her.

“This better?” he asked. She shook her head.

Spike rolled his eyes.

He took two steps back. “How ‘bout now?” She nodded.

“Great, mind tellin’ me where the bloody hell you’ve been?” “Studying.” She said. Spike raised his scarred eyebrow.

“Studyin’? What is that ‘teen’ for snoggin’?”

“Uh, no. No, wait. I mean….Snogging?” Spike smiled. “Means kissin’, Slayer.” He said.

“Oh. Oh! No.” she blushed. “No, I haven’t been-uh-kissing anyone.” She said.

“So you’ve been studyin’?” he asked.

Buffy was now getting frustrated with him. “Not like that you pig! As in looking at books and notes!” Buffy said.

Spike gave her a look. “Why?”

She crossed her arms and squared her jaw. Spike was smiling on the inside. He wasn’t going to let her know how much her stance was pleasing him, seeing the fire in her eyes at him being so difficult.

“Because I wanted to. I wanted to learn more about vampires so I asked Giles and I studied.” Spike raised his eyebrow again. “Whose this Giles, bloke?” Buffy rolled her eyes and groaned.

“He’s my Watcher! Jeez, don’t you ever pay attention.” Spike frowned in confusion before it got it. “Oh! You mean that old British bloke? Didn’ know his name.” Spike said.

“Whatever.” She sighed. “What are you doing out here?”

"Well, I was lookin’ for a snack…but I found somethin’ a bit more interestin’.” Spike said, slowly stalking toward her.

“Hey! You are not supposed to eat people!” Buffy said. Then suddenly a voice popped into her head.

I don’t think he was talking about other people. I think he was talking about you.

Buffy then saw the look in Spike’s eyes and started to back away from him as she blushed. “Oh.”

He grinned. “Now…what would a tasty lil thing like you be doin’ out here?” Spike asked. Buffy was about to give a smart ass answer.

Really she was! It was right on the tip of her tongue. But she seemingly swallowed it when she bumped into the truck of a large tree…and realized she was trapped.

“Hm?” Spike asked, as he stood less than a foot in front of her.

“Uh…patrolling.”

“Really?” he asked.

She nodded. Spike leaned in further until he was by her ear. Then he whispered, “Where’s your stake?”

Buffy’s body froze.

Stake? I don’t have my stake? No I have it. It’s…it’s…. Oh shit.

She looked up at Spike as his blue eyes gazed at her. “Can you just kiss me now?” Spike chuckled.

He leaned down and kissed her. This kiss was different from the others. It was pleasant.

Not that the others weren’t! No! It’s just that…it was simple. Relaxed not stressed, no underline meaning.

Well that is until Spike’s tongue started to lick her bottom lip. Buffy moaned softly and Spike’s tongue slipped in between her lips.

They both moaned as Spike got a taste of Buffy. He missed this. The fire between them and oddly enough so did Buffy. She clung to him.

But as the kiss carried on Buffy realized she really needed air. She pushed Spike back and inhaled deeply. Spike grinned. “Sorry, luv.” She sighed. “Trying to kill me?” she asked. He smirked. “Always.”

She grinned. “So, how is your patrolling comin’ along.” He asked. “Ha, ha.” Buffy said. He grinned.

“I really thought I had a stake with me.” Buffy said. “Right or you were just waitin’ to see if ‘d show up.”

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him. “Smartass.”

“Bint.”

“Ass.”

“Twit.”

“Pig.”

“Minx.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “You always do that!” she said.

“Do what?” Spike asked.

“Get the last word. I’m use to getting the last word.”

Spike just shrugged. “Not my fault my sexiness distracts you.” Buffy laughed.

Spike grinned, but stopped when she kept laughing. He shoved his hands in his front pockets and stood there. Buffy finally calmed down. She took a deep breath.

Then she looked up at Spike. “Finished are we?” he asked. She grinned. “Awe, I didn’t mean to laugh.” Buffy said.

“Right, which is why you just had yourself a bloody field day.”

Buffy giggled. She came to him and looped her arm though his. She tugged him to get him to walk with her.

“It was just a funny comeback.” Buffy explained. “Oh, my sexiness is funny?” he asked.

She could hear the hurt undertone. She smiled inside. “No. Of course not. Your sexiness is…sexy. The sexiest of all. The top sexy thin-”

“Okay, luv you killed it now.”

She grinned and laid her head down on his shoulder. Spike looked down and felt a warm feeling inside. He smiled and looked ahead of them as they walked. He had no clue where he was going, he was just following Buffy.

After about an hour of walking aimlessly around the cemetery, Buffy stopped. “Somethin’ wrong, luv?” Spike asked. “Do you like ice cream?” she asked.

Spike raised an eyebrow. “Why?” he asked. “Just asking. I know vampires can’t actually taste, but…. Do you like ice cream?”

Spike chuckled. “Yeah, I like my fair share. Don’ eat it too much, though.”

“Why not?” Buffy asked. “No fun, if it won’ melt.”

Buffy grinned. She turned them around and they started to walk again. “Well good, because I love ice cream.” Spike grinned.

“That’s good to know. So what brought this on, kitten?” Buffy shrugged and grinned inside. “Just a sudden craving.” She lied. Spike nodded. So off they went in search of ice cream.