Author's Chapter Notes:
I am in serious trouble!!! I had this story written from a while ago and at first i was using that, but adding new stuff. Well now there's a part in there I want to use...and i lost it. So my brain is going crazy! I have to make up fillers until i can find it. So, there will be some chapters that seem boring and/or useless. And short. This is the reason why. Do not blame me. Blame the voices in my head.
It was the next day. Buffy groaned as her alarm clock went off. She got up and hit it.



She stretched and yawned.



Then she started to get ready for school.



When Joyce heard her daughter go into the bathroom, she went down and started breakfast for her.



Buffy was finished and downstairs 10 minutes later. She sat at the island and put her backpack on the floor.



“Morning, mom!” Buffy said. “Morning.” Joyce said, with her back to Buffy. Joyce turned around, holding a mug of coffee. “So…where were you last night.”



Buffy froze in mid-bite.



She placed her fork down and looked at her mom. “I thought you were sleep.” Buffy said.




“I thought you were too.”



There was no humor in her voice at all.



“Uh, I was out.” Buffy said. “With who?” Joyce asked, mother tone set.



“With Spike.”



Joyce raised an eyebrow. “Spike? The boy that looks too old for you to be dating?” she asked. “No. The boy that sent me those beautiful flowers.” Buffy countered.



“Buffy-” “Wait, I know what you’re saying. You said the same thing about Angel.”



“Yes, Angel, the boy in college.” Joyce said.



“It’s not like we’re having sex mom.” Buffy said.



Not much, at least. She thought.



“We’re just hanging out.” Buffy said. “And how does Angel feel about this?” Joyce asked. “I haven’t told him, yet.” Buffy said. “And why not?” Joyce asked.



“Because I’m confused!” Buffy said.



The kitchen was quiet then. They both just looked at each other for a moment.



“Hurry up or you’ll be late for school.” Joyce said. “I’m done.” Buffy put her plate in the sink and grabbed her backpack. They both went out the door, locking up.

**********************************************************

Joyce dropped Buffy off at school and then drove off.



Buffy turned and looked up the steps. She just saw Xander and Willow coming down, talking to each other. Well, I could just skip school and see what Spike’s up to. She thought.



Then she sighed. Or I can be a good little girl.



She turned around and headed up the stairs. Willow looked up. “Oh, hey Buffy!” Buffy smiled.



“Hey, guys what’s up?” Buffy asked. “Nothing, we came out looking for you.” Xander said. “Well, present and accounted for.” She said.



“Great, we were going to head to Giles if we didn’t find you here.” Willow said. Buffy nodded. They turned around and walked back inside the school.



Buffy’s smile dropped. She walked up behind her friends and followed them to the library. On the way, Buffy glanced at their lockers.



She frowned.



She looked at her friends then went back and snatched the note that was peeking out of her locker. She stuff it into her back pocket and quickly caught up.



“Look who we picked up at the curb!” Xander announced as they came into the library.



Giles and the others looked up. “Ah, Buffy. Good Morning.”



“’Morning.” Buffy said.



He frowned. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Me and mom had a fight.” She said. Well not exactly. More like a disagreement. She thought.



She tossed her bag onto the counter then hopped up. “What about?” Willow asked. “About the person that’s really starting to annoy me with that whole stalking thing.” Buffy said.



“I don’t stalk.” Angel’s hurt voice sounded as he came out of a dark corner from behind the counter.



“Yeah, well lurking doesn’t help either.”



“Spike does it.” He muttered.



“What?” Buffy asked. “I’m a vampire. It’s what we do.” Angel lied. “Yeah, vampire right. So aren't you supposed to be sleeping now?” she asked.



“Why are you mad me?” Angel asked. Buffy took a deep breath.



She looked up at the ceiling. “Sorry. It’s just been a really bad start to a day. Mom and I fought about you and it just…really pissed me off.” Buffy said. Ah, what’s one more lie of nails in my coffin. She thought, grimly.



“What was it about specifically?” Giles asked. Buffy looked at him with a raised eyebrow, but ignored her suspicion.



“Basically she’s worried about the fact Angel’s order than me.” Xander snorted. Everyone looked at him.



“Sorry, I was…never mind.” He sat down.



“Well, what did you tell your mother when she met him?” Oz asked.



“That he was in college and he was helping me for school.” “Well…what year in college did you say?” Giles asked. “Uh, first year.” Buffy said.



“Well that’s not so bad.” Xander said. “Yeah, well I’m a sophomore(?) in high school. Big difference.” Buffy said.



“Well have Angel come over more often.” Cordelia said.



Everyone looked at her then.



“What?” she asked.



“Angel’s a vampire, Cordelia. What if my mother wants to do lunch?” Buffy asked. Cordelia shrugged. “Wear sunscreen. Look I don’t care. It’s not my life.” She said.



“Yeah, but if my life gets screwed because of this…who’s going to save your life?” Buffy asked.



“Jeez, okay!” she said.



“Buffy are you sure you’re okay?” Willow asked. “Yes, I’m fine. I’m just…tired I guess.” Buffy said. Yeah, well talking to yourself about your current boyfriend and possibly new boyfriend all night…you tend to lose a little sleep.



“So what can we do to help?” Willow asked. Suddenly the bell rung.



Buffy looked up at the ceiling and sighed. She hopped off the counter and grabbed her bag. “Keep me as sane as possible.” She turned and started for the doors.



She was about to walk out when she turned around and pointed at Angel. “You are picking me up at my house at 6:30 for our date. I’ll give you details later. Just be prepared to impress my mother.” And with that, Buffy turned and left.



They just stared after her in completely confusion.



“Do you think she was telling the truth?” Oz asked. “Not sure, it’s hard to tell.” Giles said. “What do you think Angel?”



There was no reply.



“Angel?” Everyone turned to look.



“Argh! We are buying that guy a collar with a bell. That’s just too creepy.” Xander said.



“Yeah, he’s like a ninja.” Oz said. Willow smiled.



“Well, go off to class. I’ll, uh, deal with Angel.” They nodded. They gathered their stuff and went off to their next class.


A/N: If you have any ideas for fillers I'll be happy to try them.