Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review, I beg you.
After Buffy had left, everyone’s eyes turned to Spike, who was staring with amazement, at the door Buffy had walked through.

“Spike, go after her, before she thinks you don’t like her,” Charlie told him, walking over and placing a hand on his shoulder.

“She didn’t mean me pet, must’ve been a slip of the tongue or there’s another Spike around here. Wouldn’t doubt it it’s a very popular name now-a-days.” Spike said nervously.

Charlie looked at him as if he had another head. “You didn’t notice the way she was staring at you before she dumped Captain Cardboard?” She asked.

“She’s right Spike, she was staring at you,” Angel agreed, “Buffy likes you. I talked to her a couple of weeks ago, and she told me she was dumping Riley, because she likes you not him.” Angel paused to look at Charlie, and then reverted his attention back to Spike, who still looked a little uncertain. “William, my boy,” Angel put his hand on Spikes shoulder, who looked at it in disgust before looking up at Angel, “You like Buffy don’t you?” Angel asked him. Spike nodded. “Then go after her,” he paused for a second, took his hand off Spikes shoulder, pointed towards the door, then yelled, “NOW!!!!”

Spike looked at Charlie who smiled, rolled her eyes, and gave him a gentle push toward the door. He smirked back and bolted out the door and into the night.

“You want this to happen?” Xander asked outraged.

“Yes,” Angel answered simply.

“WHAT!!!!” Xander yelled, “Your going to just stand there while ‘Spike’ try’s to get together with Buffy?” He asked, spitting Spikes name out like bad tasting food.

“YYYeeesss,” Angel said again but slowly, as if talking to a two year old, Charlie grinned at that.

“You love this don’t you?” Xander asked, more like said, while glaring at her.

“YYYeeesss,” Charlie said, like Angel, slowly as if talking to a two year old. Angel smirked at her.

“Since Spike currently has different err… (cough) problems, to fix at the moment, where are you going to stay, since you probably don’t know where Spikes crypt is, do you?” Giles asked stopping the argument before it could get out of control.

“No,” Charlie sighed, “I don’t know where the crypt is, so I’ll just stay at a hotel. No big.”

“You can stay with me,” Angel said.

“Where, and why?” Charlie asked.

“The mansion, and because I enjoy being in your company,” he responded, his eyes traveled briefly over her body before looking into her eyes. “And besides that, the Sunnydale hotel really isn’t that great of a place to stay.” He added.

“Alright, I’ll go stay with you tonight,” she said with a slight grimace after seeing the satisfied look on Angels face, ‘God kill me now,’ she thought.

“Let’s get going then,” he grinned.




Buffy walked slowly towards Revelo Dr. hoping Spike would run after her. After twenty minutes of walking, she started to lose hope, and let the tears she had been holding back, run silently down her cheeks, not bothering to wipe them away.

“I’m so stupid,” she said to herself, kicking a stray can across the sidewalk. “Ta think Spike would ever like me,” she bitterly said to the darkness around her. She laughed humorlessly, still letting the tears flow, “The Slayer in love with another vampire. God I’m so stupid.”

“’Ello Slayer,” a distinct British voice said from behind her.

She whipped her body around to see Spike standing behind her, she started to smile but then thought, ‘What if he’s only here to taunt me? Saying stuff like, ‘I knew you liked me to bad for you, all I’d ever think about you is that you might be good for quick rough and tumble, I’ll never be yours.’ Then laugh and walk away, not caring that he ripped my heart in a million little pieces.’

“What Spike?” She asked in a soft voice.

“I just….um…. pet? Why are you cryin’?” He asked a little hesitantly.

“Because I fell for another stupid vampire, with stupid hair, and would rather kill me then love me.” She sobbed, putting her head in her hands, she didn’t see the sad and longing look in his eyes.

“Well,” Spike said softly, with his head down, looking at the ground, ‘Knew I shouldn’t have listened to Angel. She didn’t mean me, she meant someone else, she just had a slip up at the ‘Magic Box’, should have known. She could never like me, she hates me, always will.’ “Hope you find away to be with him, and be happy.” Spike told her with a little sadness in his voice he could not hide.

“I’M TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!!” She yelled, still crying.

Spikes head shot up after she said that.

She started yelling at him again before he could say anything, and making him grateful they were near an old cemetery, that most of the people in Sunnydale believed to be haunted.

“YOU ARE THE ONE THAT COULD NEVER LOVE ME!!” She yelled in utter despair.

“WHY BECAUSE I’M AN EVIL SOULESS MONSTER?” He yelled back in anger.

“IF THAT WAS THE REASON, THEN I WOULDN’T BE IN LOVE WITH YOU!!” She yelled, tears still falling, but instead of tears of sadness they were of anger.

“Then why would it be impossible for me to love you back?” He asked in a calm, but angry voice.

“I’m the Slayer, you kill my kind, and I kill yours. Hell, you’ve already killed two Slayers, and I was going to be your third. The only reason your not trying to kill me now is because of the chip, not because you love me, or even like me.” Buffy said sadly. Her crying had calmed down, from sadness, to anger, and then to pure misery.

Spike quickly shortened the distance between him and Buffy. He pulled her into his arms and before she could say anything, he kissed her hard and passionately.

Time seemed to stand still in those few minutes, before Buffy pulled away gasping, not from lack of oxygen, but from shock. She looked up at Spike and smiled slightly, “What happens next?” She asked in a whisper.

“Well we either go back to the ‘Magic Box’ and tell everyone right now or, we can go tomorrow and tell them then, that we’re together,” he lightly kissed her on her forehead, after seeing her smile at his words, “In love,” he kissed her on her cheek, “ And I’m not letting you go ‘till the day I dust.” He whispered against her lips before kissing her deeply.

Buffy pulled away smiling, “We’ll tell them tomorrow, tonight it’s just us.” She said, smiling.

“I can live with that luv.” Spike replied, grinning.

“Walk me home?” She asked with an innocent look on her face.

“Love to,” Spike answered. He offered his arm to her and she took it, thinking, ‘What a gentleman.’




Charlie followed Angel to the mansion, in her dark green, with silver pinstripes on the sides, 1969 Dodge Charger. “What am I doing?” She asked herself. “Why did I agree to stay with him? I could’ve just stayed at a hotel, but NO, I had to agree, and now live with his gloating.” She sighed.

Charlie tried stopping that train of thought by focusing the part of her brain that wasn’t watching where she was driving, to the music coming from her speakers. HIM’s ‘Wicked Games’ was playing.

The world was on fire, no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd need somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd need somebody like you

‘Why does it have to be this song? Why do I have to be thinking of that Neanderthal, Angel?’ Charlie thought frowning, ‘Oh, you know he’s a hottie,’ that bad part of her brain, that hadn’t shut up since meeting Angel, said back. ‘Why won’t you shut up?’ ‘Because, if I did then you would never make a move on him.’ ‘Maybe that’s because I don’t want to make a move on him. End of discussion.’ She stopped arguing with her self and went back to listening to the music.

No I don't wanna fall in love
(this world is always gonna break your heart)
No I don't wanna fall in love
(this world is always gonna break your heart)
With you

What a wicked game to play
To make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do
To let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say
You never felt this way
What a wicked thing you do
To make me dream of you

No I don't wanna fall in love
(this world is always gonna break your heart)
No I don't wanna fall in love
(this world is always gonna break your heart)
With you

“Well that’s one part of the song I can I agree with. I don’t want to fall in love with Angel.” Charlie sighed to herself.

The world was on fire, no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
No and I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
I'll never dream that I lose somebody like you, no

Now I wanna fall in love
(this world is always gonna brake your heart)
Now I wanna fall in lust
(this world is always gonna brake your heart)
With you

And nobody loves no one

Charlie parked her car, and walked over to Angel, “So, this is the place?” She asked.

“Yep,” Angel responded.

Charlie looked at the dark structure before her. The vines growing on the walls, the dark stones, everything about the place screamed haunted. She was going to like this place.

“Let me show you around,” Angel said, leading her into the mansion.

The room they entered was a plain living room, a couch a comfy armchair, an intricately designed rug, placed in front of the couch, with a coffee table, and a fire place. There was one thing that was missing, “Where’s the T.V.?” Charlie asked frowning.

“I don’t have one,” Angel replied with a shrug.

“WHAT!!” Charlie shrieked in surprise, “How can you not have a T.V.?” She asked in shock.

“Didn’t feel the need to get one,” Angel answered with another shrug.

Charlie looked at her watch, and saw it was 8:30, ‘Not to late, TARGET might still be open well, we could try.’ She looked up at Angel, and said, “Okay, come on, we’re going to TARGET.”

“Why?” He asked, with a confused look on his face.

“Because, you need a T.V. whether you like it or not,” Charlie answered.

Angel groaned, and thought, ‘This is going to be a long night, and I still have to patrol. No way Buffy and Spike are going to be going.’

Charlie grabbed his hand, smiling, and drug him outside to her car, ‘Then again,’ he looked at his hand being held by hers, and smiled, ‘This night won’t last long enough.’