Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah I know been ages right? I so hope its worth the wait though. Took me ages to get it right. This chapter is done in Spikes POV again. I thought I better catch up the two halves of the story so it makes a little more sense. Enjoy.
I woke to hear machines beeping steadily around me. God, where was I? Groaning softly I opened my eyes, they felt heavy and I blinked them a few times before things really came into focus around me. I was in a room with medical equipment? What the bloody hell happened for me to land in a sodding hospital room? Groaning, I felt my head throb in pain and the memory of fighting the demon in the training room came rushing back. Moving my hand up to rub my head I noticed I had something attached to my index finger. I went to pull it off when a voice interrupted me.

“It would be wise for you to leave that on Spike.” I turned my head towards the voice, wincing in pain as I did so but noticing the former watcher sitting in a chair near the bed. I was curious of why he was here. It wasn’t like he liked me or anything. Angel probably told him to keep guard of me or something. He had a book nestled in his lap and his hands lightly placed on its pages. It was clear he had been studying the book before I awoke.

“Where the bloody hell am I?” I asked.

“You’re in the hospital wing of Wolfram and Hart. You passed out after fighting a demon in the training room. It’s been a few hours since you were conscious.” He replied matter-of-factly. The watcher looked at me over his glasses and I could detect a flicker of concern in his eyes. I went to ask him another question when a sudden intense wave of pain washed over me, making me cry out. The pain was so powerful, unlike anything I had experienced. Wesley disappeared for a moment and I could vaguely make out a loud hooting noise before three people raced into the room. Another wave of pain hit me making me cry out again. I squeezed my eyes closed, praying for the pain to stop, it was now bringing tears to my eyes.

“Spike, try and relax. The doctor needs you to concentrate on your breathing.” Wesley’s voice invaded my mind, penetrating the pain momentarily, allowing my body to relax. I felt a sharp jab in my arm and my eyes flew open in alarm.

“Ow!”

“It’s a shot of Morphine, to help take the pain away.” Wesley told me.

“Pain, what pain?” I sung, feeling the effects of the drug already working. This stuff was good. I grinned goofily up at Wesley, letting my eyes slide close and sinking back into sleep once again.

I knew I was here but I wasn’t me. It almost felt like a memory. The sun was shining brightly and looking down I could see myself standing in the middle of the rubble of Sunnyhell. And there she was. Her beautiful blonde hair moving slightly in the breeze, her green eyes lighting up with recognition. I could see myself smiling at her and moving towards her to touch her face…

“Spike?” I squeezed my eyes tightly, trying not to let go of the vision before me. Giving up, I opened my eyes to see Fred standing beside me, her face knitted with worry.

“Spike are you ok? Gunn told me what happened and I got down here as fast as I could, but not fast enough really because you have been here for hours now and I feel so terrible for not coming down sooner….”

“Really luv it’s fine.” I interrupted her. I wonder how long I have been in here for. Feels like days. I sat up and heard Fred gasp, her hands flying to her mouth.

“Doesn’t that hurt?” She lowered her hands to her waist wringing them furiously together.

“No, should it?” Fred nodded her head furiously, the look of pain written all over her face. It was funny now that she mentioned it; I didn’t actually feel any pain at all.

“Fred, how long have I been in here?”

“8 hours.” Surely she must be lying to me. I couldn’t be feeling this good after half a day after the arse kicking I got. Not being human, a vampire maybe but defiantly not human. I went to get out of bed when Fred’s shrill words stopped me.

“Don’t do that. You still might be hurt.”

“Nonsense luv. I feel fine.” I threw the covers off and swung my legs over to the side of the bed, letting them dangle above the floor, wiggling my toes. Toes, shoes…Buffy’s bag!

“Where’s my bag?” Fred looked at me blankly. The look infuriated me, and I could feel my voice rising as I spoke.

“My bag Fred. You know the one I won’t let go of?” I jumped off the bed, grabbing the young woman by both arms. The grip wasn’t tight but I hoped it was enough to jog the young bird’s memory.

“Oh…umm…it’s…ah safe…it’s in your room. With your jacket.” She stammered.

“Duster.” I corrected without thinking.

“Right, sorry. Duster. Oh my goodness! Spike your standing!” She squealed. I jumped back, letting go of her and bumping lightly into the bed. The cool metal of the bed touched my bare skin and for the first time I realised that I was in fact dressed in a hospital gown. Man, when had that happened? Not that I was complaining because my clothes had been covered in demon goo. I scampered back onto the bed and pulled the covers up over my body, slightly embarrassed.

“Fred, could you get me some clothes? Something other then this sodding hospital gown. I feel like a ponce in it.”

“I…um…I guess I could…” Suddenly a better idea occurred to me.

“Can you take me up to my room?” I ran my hand though my hair. Yep still gooey-fied. Needed a shower. Perfect excuse to get out of this bed. Fred looked at me doubtful.

“Please? I need to have a shower anyway and I can get the clothes I need too.” Man, how pathetic. The former Big Bad was begging now and saying please? Thankfully it looked as though it worked because the young Texan’s face softened. Ha ha, still got the charm.

“Yeah ok but make it quick. I know a short cut so no one will see you in your….” She looked me up and down.

“…in your gown.” Fred then poked her head out the door before summoning me to follow. I ripped the sheet off the bed and hastily wrapped it around my shoulders before scooting out the doors behind her.

The hall was thankfully empty and I had to break out into a light jog to keep up with Fred. Who knew that bird could move so damn fast? We reached an elevator and Fred impatiently stamped the button with her finger before she looked back at me.

“Not many people around this time of night, so the elevator should be as good as empty.” She smiled. I heard the elevator ding and the doors slide open. Holding my breath, I let it out in a low whoosh when I found it empty. I mean really, how could I explain to anyone why I was wrapped in a sheet and with demon goo through my hair. Stepping in beside Fred, she pressed another button and the elevator doors slid closed before shotting upwards, making my stomach lurch. The elevator dinged again and the doors slid open to something I recognised, the door to my room.

Dashing out of the elevator, I waited impatiently as Fred swiped a card which made the door click, unlocking it. Racing past Fred, I sprinted into the room, franticly checking for Buffy’s bag. It was sitting on the bench with my duster, thankfully clean, draped next to it. Satisfied, I bolted to the bathroom next, flinging the bed sheet off and discarding the horrid hospital gown almost in one swift motion. I chuckled at the sound of Fred gasping again behind me, knowing she could see my white arse before I shut the bathroom door. Twisting the taps in the shower, I found the temperature I wanted before slipping in. The hot water was soothing and happily I washed away all the goo from my hair with the shampoo someone had thoughtfully left there. Hearing Fred still out in the main room I hastily rinsed the soap off and turned the taps off. Grabbing a clean towel from the rack, hmm house cleaning in an evil lawyer’s corporation not bad, I wrapped it around my waist before opening the door. I could see the young woman placing the telephone in its cradle.

“I just notified Angel that I had brought you up here. He wants you to come down to his office as soon as you are ready.” Great, what does the big poof want now? Sighing I grabbed another towel and rubbed it through my hair. Noticing that Fred was still looking at me, I looked up and cocked my head to the side.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to stare at ya. I was just…just…maybe I should…I’m going to wait out in the hallway till you’re done.” Her cheeks flushed bright red before she scampered to the exit.

“Just come and get me when you’re all done.” She slipped out the door before I could say a word, shutting it firmly behind her. Strange bint she was. Smirking, I dropped the towels to the floor. I’m sure someone will come and pick that up. I found some comfortable clothes to throw on as well as my Doc Martians before slipping into my duster. Just felt like home wearing this. I opened the fridge door to inspect the contents, finding nothing appealing. Suppose I better go down and see what Peaches wants might be able to get him to order me something in. Shutting the door of the fridge with a thud I retreated to the main door.

Opening the door slightly, I could see that Fred had indeed stayed true to her word. She was leaning on the wall near the door, staring off into nothing. She jumped as I stepped out, letting the door close behind me and I couldn’t help but smile at her.

“OH Spike you scared the fizzle out of me.” She looked at me with stern eyes before laughing at herself, her eyes softening.

“Silly me, a million miles away. Should have been paying more attention and maybe I wouldn’t of got such a fright.” I laughed at this. The woman sure has a way with words. We walked over to the elevator and took it down to the main floor where Angel’s office was. Walking briskly, we entered the room to be confronted with Wesley, Gunn and Angel sitting around in the chairs near Angel’s desk. They had some sort of book on a table in front of them I noticed. The three of them looked up as we entered, looking like they had all just been caught with their hands in a biscuit jar. Gunn was the first to speak.

“Spike my man, you look great!” A wide and inviting smile broke over his face. I hung behind Fred, not understanding where this was going.

“Care to take a seat?” The watchers voice was smooth and also inviting as he gestured to a vacant chair. This was seriously getting weird.

“It’s important. Wesley has found out some more information about the Amulet.” Angel’s eyes bore into me and I knew better at that moment then to run from the room like I felt like doing. I silently slid into a vacant chair near Gunn and waited.

“It seems that when you wore the Amulet to save Sunnydale that your essence was trapped inside it. These included aspects of your demon Spike, your ability to heal quickly as well as your strength are most prominent. You don’t seem to be affected by sunlight as a vampire is and you do all the other things that a human would do.” Wesley shifted nervously in his seat, trying to look at anything but me.

“You’re telling me.” I muttered feeling my stomach gurgle. Oh yeah, need food. Ignoring the hunger pain something hit me.

“So, what? I’m like a super human or something?” I watched in amusement as Wesley glanced at Angel and then Gunn before looking back at me. He looked quite nervous.

“Where not quite sure what it means yet. Something like this has never been documented before, well at least not that I am aware of.” Wesley lent over and picked up the book on the table.

“I’m surprised there is any information on this at all. I mean when Angel got given the amulet before…”

“Ok, Wes we don’t need to go into details.” Angel snapped. He looked furious although he was doing a good job of keeping it hidden from everyone. It was only over the 100 odd years that I had known him that gave it away. My stomach rumbled again.

“Good grief Spike, was that your stomach?” The watcher looked up from his book horrified. I felt my face flush.

“Um, yeah. Got anything I could have to eat?”

“I could go and get you a taco. They’re really nice.” Fred’s voice made me turn to her; I had completely forgotten she was there. I smiled at her.

“Sounds good to me, anything to stop this.” I patted my stomach. I heard Gunn, let out a chuckle.

“Yeah, Fred use to live on Taco Bell.”

“If I remember correctly, it was all she ate for months.” Angel chipped in, smiling at the woman. Fred’s cheeks flushed red and she smiled embarrassed.

“Yes, well that was a long time ago. I don’t just eat the one thing anymore you know.”

“Could have fooled me.” Gunn replied chuckling at her again. Wesley grinned at her before looking back down into the book.

“Oh, come on Spike, I will take you with me, goodness knows, the fresh air will do us both good.” Fred huffed, looking back half glaring at the boys. I stood from my seat and quickly walked towards the door, feeling Angel’s eyes boring into my back. There was no mistaking it. He was mad.

Fred was right; it was nice to get out of the office and into the fresh air. I didn’t realise how much I missed it until we stepped out onto the street. I was never one for being cooped up indoors. Drove me bonkers. It was dusk I noticed through the line of buildings. Dusk had a certain feel to it and I swear it hasn’t changed for my entire existence. There was that feel in the air, soft and warm, a true tribute that the day was drawing to a close. I was mildly surprised of how many people were still walking the streets although almost all of them were in a hurry. Expensive cars sat bumper to bumper on the cramped roads and moved slowly. I followed Fred’s swift weaving with ease, finding it easy to keep up with her pace. Soon we reached a little shop with the words “Taco Bell” in tall blue letters with a picture of a pink bell above it. Looked better then the Double Meat Palace back in Sunnydale that’s for sure.

Stepping inside I looked up at the menu not having a clue where to start. Fred had stepped up to the counter and placed her order.

“What do you want?” What did I want? What kind of question is that? How the hell was I suppose to pick from everything here? I shrugged my shoulders at her.

“I dunno you know what’s good here.” She nodded her head at me before turning back to the cashier and placing another order. I had to admit, the place smelt good and I could feel my stomach doing flip flops at the smell of it all. I glanced around, noting the vast number of tables, most which were occupied. Suddenly, Fred shoved a taco into my hands. God it smelt good. Grinning at her, we stepped out of the shop and headed back to the office, trying to eat the taco’s we just brought without them spilling everywhere. Thankfully we managed to finish them without too much fuss and I had to admit, Fred was the taco eating master. I cringed slightly as we approached the entrance of Wolfram and Hart, hesitant to go back inside. Gritting my teeth I followed a happy Fred back to Angel’s office. As we entered, Angel was the only one in the room. He was sitting behind his desk, looking like he was going over some files. He smiled at Fred before looking at me with a steely gaze.

“Fred, Knocks just called for you. He was rambling on about something he found. Sounded important.”

“Oh my goodness Angel I completely forgot! I’ll go and find out about it straight away.” She lent over and squeezed my hand gently, taking me completely by surprise.

“Talk to you soon.” She whispered. With that she bounded out of the room. I turned back to Angel, inwardly cringing. I knew he was mad but why I wasn’t certain.

“Spike, I want you to stay here in L.A. till we find out more about your…” He paused as if trying to think of the right word.

“…condition. Gunn has agreed to train with you and if the need arises you may be able to out into the field.”

“What? Save some innocents? That is not what I had….”

“I don’t care what you had in mind Spike. You’re not leaving here without me saying so. Got it?” For the first time in a LONG time I felt powerless against the vampire so I nodded my head in agreement.

“Access card to your room. Don’t lose it.” Angel pointed to a small card on the edge of his table and I snatched it up, shoving it into the pocket of my duster.

“I’m going to my room.” I muttered, heading for the door. Angel didn’t reply he just looked back down at the folders he had been working on. Stepping out into the reception area I felt a little lost. Remembering where the elevator was I walked towards it. I can do this. I can ride in an elevator by myself. Nothing to worry about. The doors slid open before I could press the button and to my surprise Harmony stepped out. Her eyes glared at me hatefully as she walked past but she didn’t say anything. Sighing in relief I stepped in and pressed the button to my floor. I lent back onto one of the walls and waited for the doors to close. Ok here we go. The doors shut with a ding as they always did and then I felt the elevator lurch upwards. Please don’t let me die. I’m never going to get use to this. Thankfully I felt the elevator stop and drop slightly which meant it was stopping. Barely letting the doors open, I leapt out of the small space and into the hall. I looked around, feeling like an idiot. Pulling the card out of my duster I swiped it across the way I had seen Fred do it and the door clicked open. Yes!

Walking in, I slipped the card back into my duster pocket before I shrugged it off and draped it over the nearest chair. Trudging to the bed, I shoved my shoes off before sinking into the bed. Oh the fun I’m going to have over the next week or so was going to be priceless. Thinking of all the mischievous things I could get up to, I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Almost a week past with me training with Gunn when he wasn’t in court doing his whole lawyer thing, Angel avoiding me like I was the plague while Wesley and Fred were quite chipper and friendly. I suspected that Wesley was trying to work out the inner workings of why I was how I was but none the less it was nice to have the company. Truth be told though I spent most of my free time with Fred, she was the only one I could stand to be around. I could swear she was the only thing keeping me sane in that whole building and it helped that I could confine in her about almost anything.

We had decided to go out to grab a bite to eat down at the same Taco Bell she had taken me a week before. Everyone else had declined the offer, muttering about having too much work to do. It was a beautiful day and we decided to rather then eat and run, go to the park. We found a bench to sit on and before long we had finished our food.

“Do you think you could do me a favour Fred?” I asked. She turned her head, looking puzzled. I took a deep breath.

“I want to know about Buffy. That’s she and the nibblet are ok. I want to know where she is now. I know nothing and I know Angel won’t tell be a bloody thing.” Fred looked deep in thought for a moment before she replied.

“Shouldn’t be too hard to find out, I’ll just ask Angel for the…”

“No! I mean, I don’t want Angel knowing about this.”

“I was going to say I’ll just ask Angel for the number of Willow’s cell. With the case load he has lately he should hand me the whole file on Buffy without a second glance.”

“Angel has a file on Buffy?”

“Oh yeah, he keeps it in his office in his desk and is updating it all the time…” Fred’s voice trailed off and I felt my cheeks go hot with anger. How dare he keep track of her like that!

“…Maybe I shouldn’t have told you that. But Spike, let me get the file. I promise I won’t let on a thing.” Some how I trusted her and I nodded my head.

“Come on, I need to get back to my lab before Knocks blows something up. I’m sure he is getting a big head because I keep leaving him in charge.” She laughed and I laughed with her. Dropping our rubbish in the bin we made our way back to the office. Gunn had promised me a training session this afternoon after all. Couldn’t pass up an opportunity like that!

Unfortunately, Gunn had been called back for a meeting so I had the training room mostly to myself. When he finally got there he looked mad as hell and I guessed things didn’t go so well. Already changed into his sweats he walked into the room, both doors swinging from the hard shove he gave them.

“Bad day at the office Princess?” I quipped, putting a few jabs on the punching bag for effect.

“Don’t want to talk about it. You ready?” He lowered himself into his usual fighting stance, his brown eyes burning with anger. I knew from my training during the week that I had improved my fighting somewhat. I was more alert and fast, making it hard for Gunn to land a good blow. As for any injuries, they healed quickly. I saw Gunn’s nostrils flare, a sign that he was going to attack. Stepping back into my own comfortable fighting stance I waited patiently for him to deliver the first blow. It came fast and hard and straight towards my abdomen. I stepped back and he missed me by inches. Got my work cut out for me today.

For the next hour we sparred until I could tell that Gunn was tiring. I still had plenty of fight in me but I didn’t want to push him too far. Sweat was pouring off the pair of us and I knew that I was in a desperate need for a shower. Warming down, I saw Gunn walk over to the boxing bag.

“Feeling a bit better now?”

“Yeah, a little. Work is murder around here. You know how it goes.” I smiled at this but decided not to push it any further.

“Thanks for the work out today. You’re in great form. Angel would be impressed.” I scoffed at this.

“Angel, interested in anything I do? You got to be bloody joking mate.”

“Yeah not interested at all is he? That’s why he has been watching almost all of your training sessions with me.” He what? The poof has been studying me? The sooner I get out of here the better. I tried to shrug it off.

“Whatever. Let Peaches do what ever he has to do. I’m going for a shower.” I walked out the training room, letting the doors swing behind me. Walking down the hall, I noticed a door, just past the training room that was open slightly. I could see the room wasn’t lit very well. Though the opening but I could see Mr Tall, Dark and Broody looking though what seemed to be one sided glass. His gaze was locked intensely on what ever was going on in the room. I knew Gunn was still in there so assumed it was him. Creepy. I kept walking, not wanting to alert Angel. Thankfully, I made it to the elevator and back to my room with no interruptions. Having a quick shower and a bite to eat, I sunk into my bed ready for sleep. It came quickly enough and for the first time in a week I begun to dream.

I could see Buffy standing in front of me, looking like her beautiful self as always. Her eyes though told a different story. They were full of sadness and loss. I could feel the sun shining brightly around us although I didn’t know exactly where I was. My eyes were only on her.
“How you feeling luv?” I asked her.
“I miss you.” She whispered.
“I miss you too pet.” She gazed into my eyes and I could tell that tears were brimming on the edge of them.
“Why did you have to go?”
“But I didn’t go.” The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. Her face instantly filled with confusion and I could tell that she wanted answers. Knowing I couldn’t give them to her, not yet I held my finger to her lips touching them softly. Just touching her like that felt comforting. I looked into her beautiful pools of green before I uttered the three words I meant with all my heart.
“I love you.” I whispered.


I sat up, stunned at what I had just dreamt. It felt so real. I could feel a vague warmth coming from behind me. Oh, I had left the curtain open the night before. I glanced at the clock. 10:30. Damn. Better get myself down stairs. Flinging myself out of bed I hastily threw some clothes on before putting on my duster and boots. I hadn’t been wearing either much lately due to my attempt to fit in. But something told me today I needed to wear them. Swallowing down some food and washing it down with some milk, I grabbed the card to the room and headed out the door. The door almost swung closed before I heard the distinct ring of the phone. Pushing the door back open, I bolted to the ringing device picking it up half ring.

“Hello?”

“Spike, its Fred. I need to see you right away.”

“Ok.”

“Meet me at my office. The boys are out on a job.” With that she hung up and I was left standing there with the phone beeping in my ear. I wonder what this was all about? Placing the phone back down, I headed down to the young Texan’s office. I didn’t even think twice about getting into the elevator. Fred was right. You do get use to it after a while.

Walking into the laboratory I could see that it was buzzing with life. Men and women in white coats everywhere. None were particularly fazed as I walked in and I think that they had gotten use to me coming in so frequently. I could see Fred across the room and she waved at me wildly to come to her. Stepping around a few tables I reached her quickly.

“Where’s the fire luv?”

“Shh, not here. Come up to my office.” Her voice was soft and I could barely hear her. More curious then ever, I followed her silently to her office. She beckoned for me to enter first with some urgency before she stepped in behind me, locking the door.

“We don’t have much time before they get back.” She babbled.

“Fred, what’s going on?” Instead of answering she went to her desk and pulled out a piece of paper from one of the drawers.

“I got this information from Angel’s file. I’m going to give Willow a call tomorrow, just so he can see that I didn’t get the information I wanted for nothing. It was harder then I thought to get him to give me the file but I guess he has been on edge lately and all…” There she was again, rambling away.

“Fred, the information?”

“Here. It’s all here. I had to hide it just in case someone found it. Can never be too careful around this place.” She handed me the piece of paper. I scanned it, reading Fred’s beautifully written handwriting and putting to memory Buffy’s address. I then folded the paper and tucked it into the inside pocket of my duster.

“You should go.”

“What?”

“You should go and see her.”

“Are you mad? It would kill her.”

“It’s killing her more thinking you’re dead.” She retorted back. I knew she was right. Sighing, I felt trapped. Even if I did want to go, I had no way of getting there. I got the distinct impression that Angel didn’t want me going anywhere especially near Buffy.

“Fred, I have no way of getting there, even if I did want to go.” My mind was racing and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest at just the thought of seeing Buffy again. How ever impossible it seemed. The memory of my dream came flooding back just for a moment then, the way her eyes were filled with so much sadness.

“Take one of the car’s in the garage. I’m sure Angel won’t miss one, he has so many. The keys are in a little box on the garage wall near the elevator. Here take this too, your going to need it.” This woman was truly a hero in her own right. She handed me a thick envelope that she also had retrieved from the draw of her desk. I put it in the same pocket as the piece of paper she had given me, not asking any questions. I knew what it was. If I was going to do this, I had to go and get Buffy’s bag. I couldn’t leave it here. It had almost become apart of me and I needed to be able to give their things back to them. Fred shutting the draw snapped me out of my thoughts.

“How long is Angel going to be?”

“He shouldn’t be too much longer I doubt. Why?”

“Just something I have to grab first.” I went to unlock the door but instead I stepped forward to Fred and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Her cheeks flushed red.

“What was that for?”

“My way of saying thanks luv.” I replied, smiling before unlocking the door and racing back to my room. Opening the door with the card, I shoved it open. I could tell no one had been in here yet to tidy up which was fine by me. Grabbing the bag I used for training from the closet, I shoved a handful of each pile of items I had been given into the bag. Shirts, pants, socks, undies…nah stuff the undies. Zipping it up, I reached under the hanging clothes and grabbed Buffy’s bag. Clutching it affectionately to my chest, I threw the other bag over my shoulder before exiting the room for the last time.

Stepping into the elevator, I knew that I couldn’t take it all the way down to the garage. I needed to take the elevator in Angel’s office for that. Impatiently tapping my hands against the rail as the elevator whizzed down to the main floor, I practically leapt out as the doors slid open with the same dull ding. I headed for Angel’s office, noticing with some distain that Harmony was sitting behind her desk. Trying my best to ignore her, I headed straight for the doors of Angel’s office. No such luck. I heard her push her chair back before she spoke.

“Hold it right there breather. Just where do you think you’re going?” Crap. Blonde vampire bimbo. Smarter then she use to be too. Better play my cards right or she’ll notice something is up.

“In to Angel’s office, what does it look like?” I retorted.

“He’s not there you know, he’s out.”

“Since when do you care Harm?” I challenged. It seemed to set her off balance. She stood there for a minute, twirling her hair in her fingers. God and to think I use to see that as a turn on.

“You’re right. I don’t.” I smirked at her before heading to the doors again. Good old predictable Harm.

“Hey Spike, what’s with the bags?” I turned and saw her face wrinkle up. Double crap. Since when did Harm learn to ask so many questions? I knew she could probably smell Buffy a mile off from her bag.

“Something for Peaches if you must know.” I lied. She seemed to buy it because she shrugged her shoulders.

“Whatever.” With that she sat down on her chair and started tapping away at assumingly a keyboard. Almost in the clear. Just got to get down to that garage. Slipping into the office, I made my way over to the elevator. Pressing the button, I silently prayed that Angel wouldn’t be in it as the doors slid open. The doors shot open silently and it was thankfully empty. Stepping in, I pressed the bottom button. The doors shot close and I exhaled. I felt the elevator begin to move downwards. Not far to go now. Feeling the familiar jolt of the elevator coming to a stop, I braced myself for the worst. What happens if they are standing there, waiting to get in? How could I possibly explain why I have two bags and heading down to the car garage? I could feel light sweat beads form on my forehead and I hastily wiped them away as the doors shot open again. I peered out into the cold room filled with cars only stepping out when I couldn’t hear or see any movement. The doors of the elevator shot close again and I could just hear the motor whirring. Probably taking it back up to Angel’s office.

Spying the small box Fred had described to me, I gingerly opened it to be confronted with nearly 20 different sets of keys. Damn! Scanning then quickly I smirked as I noticed the keys for the Viper were still on the hook. Now what kind of gentleman would I be if I just left this poor car sitting in this dark, dank garage? Snatching them greedily, I closed the box and went in search for the car. It wasn’t too far away, but sitting near enough to the exit for an easy getaway if need be. Clicking the door unlocked on the driver’s side, I opened the door and slid into the leather seat, throwing my bags to the passenger side as I did so. Could get use to this baby. Putting the key into the ignition, I turned it feeling the engine roar to life. The tank was almost full too which was a bonus. Shutting the door I ripped the seat belt around myself and clicked it in before shifting the car into gear. Luv, where have you been all my life? This was ten times better then the hunk of junk I use to drive around.

Driving it down to the main gate, I flashed the attendant my ID card before driving out onto the road. Freedom at last. Disgusting, smog filled air never smelt so fine. Finding the high way I needed to be on, I slipped easily into the mainstream traffic, grinning like a stupid idiot.

I was finally going to see the woman I loved.


Chapter End Notes:
Sooo, what ya think??