Spike raised his lips from Buffy’s and gazed down into her eyes questioningly. She drew in a long, unsteady breath as the thoughts and doubts assaulted her brain. She hadn’t meant for this to happen when she had come to his room. She was only going to apologize, tell him he was right. She had been unfair and jumping to conclusions over what had happened in the training room.

It had taken her over an hour to gather the courage to face him. The he had been there, standing behind her wearing nothing but that towel, and her resolve not to get involved was gone.

She could see Spike watching her—waiting. She knew what he was waiting for. He was expecting her to change her mind. Wasn’t that what she was supposed to do at this point?

She smiled sweetly as she raised her hands to hold his face between them. The pale skin beneath her fingertips was still slightly warm from his shower. Spike’s eyes fluttered shut as he leaned his face into her palms.

“I love you,” the vampire’s eyes shot open at the sound of her quiet declaration.

“Buffy?” he asked not believing his ears.

“Just kiss me,” she ordered softly.

Spike didn’t need any further urging. His arm snaked about her slim waist pulling her body against his as his lips slipped over the softness of her own. She whimpered against his lips as his free hand stole beneath the lacey shirt she wore to find the swell of her breast. Quickly, the clothes she wore felt way to constricting, and she moved restlessly against him.

Spike growled deep in his throat at the feel of her body moving against his. Quickly, his hand withdrew from her breast, and she moaned in protest at the loss of the caress. He grasped the hem of her shirt, pulling it over her blond head, tearing it in his haste to rid her of the garment.

Abruptly, Buffy found herself falling on the bed. Her breath caught in her throat as Spike’s fingers hooked in the waistband of her pajama shorts pulling them down her legs, his black polished nails lightly grazing her skin in the process. Spike’s eyes raked down her body appreciatively, his brows rising when he took notice to her lack of panties.

She could feel every inch of her body flush with warmth as he gazed down at her. She couldn’t help but feel embarrassed by the fact that she was blushing. It wasn’t like she could claim it was her first time—not ever her first time with a vampire—but this time was different. Maybe it was the fact that she had held him at arm’s length for so long, but she really didn’t want to think about that. She’d wasted way too much time thinking too much, she decided as she reached up to wrap her slender fingers about his biceps and with a little tug he fell on the bed beside her.





Buffy sighed happily; tilting her head back to rest on the blond vampire’s shoulder as he gently nipped the nape of her neck. Everything seemed so quiet and peaceful—a rare occurrence for Sunnydale, especially for the resident Slayer.

“Second thoughts, pet?” Spike whispered noticing her silence.

“Mmmm…what?” she asked taking a moment to realize he had spoken.

“You just seemed rather deep in thought,” Spike informed her giving her earlobe a playful nip. “Just wondering if I should prepare myself for the ‘we made a mistake’ speech.”

“Sorry to disappoint you,” she laughed rolling over in his arms to face him. She pressed her lips against his now cold ones enjoying the intimate feel of his body pressed against hers.

“So, what is it then, luv?” Spike asked, but not before thoroughly returning the Slayer’s kiss.

“Oh, I don’t know,” she replied absently, “just thinking of all the ‘I told you so’s’ when we see the gang again.”

“So, the Scoobies were on old Spike’s side, eh?” he teased.

Buffy gave him a glare that just didn’t have the same effect with the addition of her playful grin. “Well, you could say that. At least, Dawn’s not due back for another week.”

Spike traced his finger lightly over her collarbone. “An entire week, eh? Whatever shall we do to pass the time?”

“Actually,” she said slowly as his hand ventured lower, “I was thinking we might find our little vampire friends. I’d rather there not be an undead welcome wagon.”

“Well, that’s not exactly what I had in mind,” he told her covering her lips with his before she had a chance to protest. The phone took care of that for her.

“Don’t answer it,” Spike groaned against her lips.

“You know I have to,” she reminded him reluctantly, untangling herself from the vampire’s arms and reaching for the receiver on the nightstand. “Hello?”

The look on Buffy’s face after the greeting told him their plans weren’t going to happen anytime soon. Quickly, he made a mental note to disconnect the phone in the future.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find her,” Buffy ended the conversation and turned to face Spike her expression a mixture of worry and irritation.

“So who’d missing this time?” he asked already having a fair idea.

“Did you send Leah out to patrol?”

“What? No,” he answered quickly, “I told her to find Giles and go home.”

“Well, it looks like the Slayer-in-training decided to give herself a promotion,” she told him getting up from the bed and heading for the door. “It looks like we’re going on a Slayer hunt. Get dressed. I’ll meet you downstairs.”





Buffy dressed quickly and pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail. There really wasn’t time to worry about fashion. She rushed down the stairs rolling her eyes when she saw that Spike wasn’t waiting for her. She turned back to the steps, thinking to call up to the vampire, but was interrupted by the phone yet again.

“Giles, we’re…” she began as soon as she brought the receiver to her ear.

“Buffy?” the sound of Andrew’s voice cut her short. He sounded so weak, and for some reason even though he was hundred of miles away that worried her.

“Andrew, it’s good to hear from you, but I really…”

“Buffy,” he repeated, “I can’t talk long. It’s Dawn.”

“What’s wrong Andrew?” she asked the nervous feeling becoming nearly overwhelming.

“We came home early. Dawn answered the door. There was…there…” Andrew’s sentence was interrupted by a rough cough.

“Andrew, please,” she pleaded. “Where are you? What happened to Dawn?”

“I’m in the hospital,” he replied. “It was vampires. The neighbors found me, but they have her…Buffy? Buffy?”

Buffy couldn’t answer. She had already left the house leaving the door hanging open in her wake. The receiver dangled over the edge of the table, and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of Andrew calling her name.