Buffy let the door slam shut behind her not caring what the Scoobies thought of her or her reaction to Spike and Leah. She had every right to be angry. A new Slayer on the scene, and he’s all over her….

Or rather, she was all over him…The scene that greeted her when she entered the training room made her stumble over her own feet. Spike laid spread eagle on the mats and sitting on his chest was the new Slayer, her knees pinning the vampire’s arms down. Even from across the room, she could see the leering grin on Spike’s lips. He looked like he was enjoying himself. Looked like he was enjoying himself? He was having the time of his unlife, and the last thing she wanted to do was witness their little “training session”! Buffy spun back to the door her fingers fumbling with the doorknob as her eyes misted over with tears. The fact that she was on the verge of crying upsetting her nearly as much as the scene she had just witnessed.

“Buffy?” the sound of Leah’s voice brought an end to her attempt to escape. Blinking furiously to fight back the tears, she steeled herself and turned around to face the couple in the middle of the training room floor. “Are you alright?”

Buffy forced herself to smile at the younger girl who still sat atop of her vamp….Spike. The look on Leah’s face was more irritated than concerned. Buffy clenched her slender fingers into fists until her knuckles turned white. “I’m just fine,” she answered her voice coming out just a tad too chipper. “I just thought I’d see if you needed any help training, but I see you’re doing just fine without me.”
“Buffy?” Spike lifted his head slightly only to realize that he had brought himself face to crotch with the Slayer upon his chest and quickly laid back down.

“Oh, we were doing just fine,” Leah informed her happily as she reached down to draw her fingers lightly over Spike’s cheek.

The sight of the girl’s hand caressing the vampire’s pale skin was the last straw. Spike was apparently quite happy where he was, and the girl was making it obvious that Buffy was interrupting. She couldn’t hold back a snort of disgust as she stormed across the training room.





Spike flinched as Leah’s fingers ran over his face. They had been training before Buffy had entered the room. It had been completely innocent. So, of course, Buffy had to make an appearance just as he had landed in a completely non-innocent position.

At the sound of Buffy’s voice his mind went into overdrive. He could hear Leah answering the older Slayer, doing nothing more than baiting her. He needed to say something, but not a single thing came to mind that Buffy, in her present state of mind, wouldn’t twist into something depraved. It didn’t happen very often, but this time he was innocent!
Hearing the door open finally brought the vampire’s mind back into focus. With a quick snap of his right arm, Leah flew into the air landing a good five feet across the training room.

“Hey!” Leah protested jumping up from her position on the floor. “What did you do that for?”

“You know exactly what that was for!” Spike growled fighting hard to keep the demon from coming to the surface.

“Oh, did I hurt Buffy’s precious feelings?”

Spike rolled his eyes at the Slayer before him. It must have taken her years of practice to be this big of a bitch! It was such a shame they hadn’t met a few years before his run in with the Iniative! He was fairly certain that even her Watcher would have thanked him!

“Where do you think you’re going?” Leah asked as Spike started for the door, her voice rising in protest at the prospect of losing her audience. “Got to go baby-sit poor Buffy?”
Spike stopped just a foot short of the open door, not bothering to turn or keep his game face from surfacing. “If anyone needs a babysitter, it’s you,” he spat. “One that would take you over their knee and give you a good spanking!”

“You can’t talk to me like that!” the girl wailed. “I’m the Slayer!”

“No,” Spike rolled his golden eyes in frustration. “You’re a Slayer. Now, go tell Giles to take you home!”

With the final order given, Spike left the room before the brat had a chance to whine a bit more. The alley behind the shop was empty, but he knew where Buffy would be headed. It was where she always headed when she was upset. He didn’t like her wandering around Sunnydale alone in her present mood, but at least the walk to the cemetery would give him some time. He needed to calm down himself. Seeing him all fangy was not going to endear him to the Slayer.







Spike sighed in relief when he spied the flickering light of the television through the window of the Summers’ home. He could barely hold down his panic when he had arrived at Joyce’s gravesite and Buffy wasn’t there. The fact that there was no sign of a struggle vaguely helped him not go off the deep end. He had searched a few other scenic areas of the ‘Dale before giving up and heading for the old home site. Apparently, seeing him with his head clenched firmly between Leah’s thighs wasn’t as upsetting as he supposed.

“Buffy?” Spike asked tentatively as he entered the house. He could see her sitting curled up on the couch well on her way to polishing off the pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream she was working on.

“Go away, Spike,” she hissed not taking her eyes off of the television set.

“Buffy, we need to talk,” Spike told her softly, settling into a chair facing the couch.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” she answered downing another scoop of ice cream.

“Damn it, you can’t just storm out like that,” he was quickly losing his cool, “and say we have nothing to talk about!”

“Oh yes, I can,” Buffy snapped slamming the ice cream on the coffee table and jumping to her feet. “You couldn’t get one Slayer, so you decided to go after a younger model! Talk over!” With that, Buffy stormed out of the room and up the stairs to her room, leaving Spike sitting in the darkened room staring thoughtfully at the half-eaten container of ice cream.