A/N's: Sorry for the delay, I've been away.
**

Chapter 14

Spike had been quiet the entire way down to Bubba’s office and Buffy was really regretting the stupid conversation.

They reached the door and Buffy knocked.

“Hello?” She called as she knocked.

“Come on in.” A southern drawl called.

Buffy and Spike entered and found themselves in front of another desk, only behind this one was a huge demon, a very wide demon. He had on a cowboy shirt and a cigar hung from his mouth.

“Well Hello, you must be Spike and Buffy. I’m Bubba, it’s a pleasure to meet you, we are so happy that you gave Lou and Dave the kick up the ass they needed. You have no idea how much money people lost on those two.” Bubba smiled genuinely at them.

Buffy smiled half heartedly back, and Spike just handed the note from Shiv over.

“What have we here? Okey Dokey lets see what I can do.” He read the note and then continued to stare at them.

“It should be something fitting.” Bubba mumbled and Buffy’s visions of the maiming and torturing came back.

“What’s this about?” Spike inquired politely.

Bubba eyed the two, remembering the scene from the bar and the elevator.

“I’m thinking Fire and Ice.” He carried on staring at the two.

“Excuse me? Why are we here?” Buffy tried this time.

Bubba stood and walked around his desk, Buffy admired his huge gut, it took dedication to get a beer gut that size.

“Just think of me as your fairy demon mother.” He chuckled once and slapped a hand to each of the blonde’s foreheads.

Buffy and spike collapsed with the sudden pain that exploded in their heads, it only lasted a few seconds and then they were both kneeling on the floor and panted. Buffy took a moment to catch her breath before standing.

She looked at Bubba who beamed at her; she beamed back before launching him across the room with a solid kick to the chest.

Bubba hit the wall and slid down it, a second later he stood up and brushed himself off.

“Oh, I like her.” He chuckled to Spike who had now stood up.

“She has that effect on people.” Spike mumbled.

“Want to see how much you like my fist in your face? Now what did you just do to us?” Buffy ground out.

“Isn’t she a doll?” Bubba spoke to Spike again, ignoring Buffy once more. Spike had to chuckle at the outrage on her face. He quickly covered it when he saw Buffy glaring at him.

“Honey, I just gave you a new power, that’s what I do. Shiv wanted to give you something to say Thanks, I gave you something. Follow me, I’ll show you how to use them.” Bubba turned and shuffled out the door.

Buffy looked at Spike questioningly, Spike answered with a shrug and followed the large demon out of his office.

**

Bubba led them up to the training room.

“Ok now, Spike got Fire and you my darling, you got Ice. There are two rules, it can only be used in self defence, well and on each other to a mild degree, Lou asked me to throw that in, and once drawn you have to use it. Of course you get a one day free license to practise with but after today the rules apply, got it?” Bubba explained.

“Got what?” Buffy exclaimed as she had no idea what was going on.

“Spike lets see if we can get you going as the little miss seems to be a bit slow today.” Bubba approached Spike and ignored the growl that came from Buffy.

He whispered something in Spikes ear and nodded when Spike raised an eyebrow.

Spike shrugged and closed his eyes. He clenched his fist tightly at one side and frown lines appeared. He opened his eyes and raised his fist. When he opened his fingers a fireball appeared in his hand.

Spike just stared at it mouth agape.

“Well done.” Bubba praised him.

“Whoa.” Buffy summed it up.

Spike moved his hand around and watched the fireball dance over his fingers.

“Now it’s your turn Missy.” He walked to Buffy and whispered in her ear.

“Huh?” was all Buffy could say.

Bubba spoke again softly and Buffy continued to stare. After about ten minutes of different approaches Buffy shouted.

“I don’t get it.”

Bubba slapped his head with an open palm.

“Spike, you must speak Buffy, you try.” and stomped out of the room.

Spike chuckled and beckoned her over. He looked at the fireball still in his hand and turned quickly and loosed it towards the back wall of the training room. They both watched in fascination as it struck the wall and a small bang echoed through the room, when the smoke cleared a gaping hole was left.

“That’s so cool.” Spike laughed almost giddy.

“Come on Spike; teach me so I can do it.” Buffy pleaded.

“Okay, look inside yourself….” Spike began and Buffy snorted.

“Should I listen out for inspirational music?” Buffy snickered again.

“Do you want to do this or not?” Spike suppressed a smile.

“Yes I do. Okay I’m ready.” Buffy closed her eyes.

“Now, you know your own body; look for the thing that’s different now.” Spike whispered softly into her ear.

Buffy concentrated harder, using the meditation methods that Giles had taught her to get in tune with her body. All of a sudden she found it, a tiny spark that hadn’t been there before.

Spike watched her face and knew the second she got it.

“Now pull it up towards your hand.” Spike gave another soft whisper so as not to break her concentration.

Buffy followed his directions. When she raised her hand and opened her eyes a ball of ice shimmered and spun in her palm, just like it had with Spikes fireball. Buffy gaped at it for a second before launching it towards the back wall. Where the ice ball struck the wall, an ice patch formed about a six foot circle.

“That is so cool.” Buffy squealed before pulling another ice ball into her palm.

**

Buffy gave a knock at Bubba’s door.

“Come on in.” Bubba answered. He watched as Buffy made her way in, and by the looks of it choking on suppressed laughter.

“What can I do for you honey?” Bubba questioned.

“S-spike…has a-a problem.” She managed to splutter before collapsing into laughter.

Spike stalked into the room and saw Buffy collapsed on the floor with tears rolling down her face and wanted to kick her.

Bubba took a moment to look at Spike, he noticed the smouldering hair, the singed eyebrow and the slightly blistered skin and the laughed slayer.

“Okay, maybe giving fire to a vampire wasn’t such a good idea.” Bubba commented which just made Buffy laugh even harder.

“Piss off.” Spike mumbled.

Bubba approached the two before grabbing a handful of either. Spike was driven to the floor to join Buffy, a few seconds later they both panted.

“Not laughing so hard now are you?” Spike smirked to Buffy.

“Piss off.” Was all Buffy replied.