**

Chapter 19

Buffy was in the bath, Spike had laughed uproariously when he saw her emerge from the bathroom that morning with heated curlers in her hair. Buffy had happily given him a two finger salute before stalking back into the bathroom.

He laughed at the thought, so many of his habits had rubbed of on her. His suit was hanging in the closet and he didn’t need to get dressed for a while yet. It was the day of the Union. Dave and Lou were going to be joined today and he felt his heart swell at the thought.

Buffy exited the bathroom clad only in white underwear, before Spike could even move she pointed a finger at him.

“Don’t even think about it mister. I have my hair and make up perfect, if you mess it up I will stake you.” She told him levelly. Spike gave a mock pout and she laughed.

“But if you’re a good boy, you can wreck it later.” She teased.

Spike brightened at the thought causing Buffy to laugh again.

“Come on Bleach boy, get dressed.” Buffy commanded as she walked to the closet.

“The ceremony’s not for a while yet love.” Spike pointed out but Buffy just rolled her eyes.

“I want to be early and I said I’d help Lou with setting up a few things.” Buffy explained, she walked into the closet and handed Spike his suit, shirt and shoes. Buffy, as usual, had picked it. It was a black suit with a black silk shirt. She had come round to seeing why Spike always wore black; he looked damn good in it.

Buffy closed the door to the closet and Spike busied himself with getting dressed. About fifteen minutes later the door opened and Buffy emerged. Spike’s mouth fell open at the sight.

Buffy smiled, happily. She was wearing a white thin strapped, floaty dress; it reached past her knees but had chiffon layers at different lengths so most of it was sheer. Her feet were encased in white high heeled shoes and her hair fell in golden ringlets around her face.

“You are beautiful.” Was all Spike could manage, he thought telling her that she looked like a goddess might have freaked her out a bit.

“Thank you. You look fantastic too.” Buffy smiled and returned the compliment, because he did look great. She complimented herself on her good taste.

**

Buffy sat next to Spike on a wooden bench in the front row of a big hall. It had primal drawings on the wall and was decorated with some of the most beautiful painting and sculptures she had ever seen, this was what she could only assume, was their church of sorts.

She sniffed into her handkerchief and Spike refrained from rolling his eyes, the ceremony hadn’t even started yet and Buffy was a wreck.

“Buffy, don’t cry pet.” Spike tried the soft approach.

“I’m sorry it’s just that this is so romantic.” She wiped her eyes and her nose once again and sat up straighter.

Lou made her entrance and walked down the aisle with her father. Buffy teared up a little, Lou looked beautiful, she had on a forest green shaded dress and it brought out her skin tone beautifully. Dave in contrast was in white, showing off his dark skin.

Her father handed her to Dave and gave her a kiss on the cheek, Buffy marvelled at how similar to a marriage ceremony it was. The demon performing the ceremony nodded and Lou rested a hand on Dave’s chest while Dave grabbed her ass.

“Well that’s rude.” Buffy sniffed and Spike chuckled.

“That’s where her heart is.” He whispered an explanation.

“Oh.” Buffy sniffed a tear back at the thought of them touching hearts.

Spike shook his head.

The demon doing the service began to speak and Lou and Dave repeated his words together.

“My blood, my love, my pain, my devotion I will offer you all of my days,
Until the powers chose fit to have us part ways.”

They joined their raised hands and the demon bound each wrist in a cord, he went to the alter and returned with two daggers, he thrust both daggers into each of there bound hands and the crackle of power went through the room. Dave and Lou never flinched.

“Who here supports this union?” the demon intoned and Spike and Buffy stood and answered as one.

“We do.”

“You give your love, support and the oath to stand by this Union.” He asked and they answered again as one.

“We do.”

He returned to the impaled couple and removed the daggers, he returned to Buffy and Spike. Oh yeah, Buffy had forgotten about the blood letting, silly of her really, it was always about love.

They held there upturned palms to the demon, a small male demon approached and held a bowl under Spikes hand as the demon used one of the daggers to open the skin. Spike bled into the bowl, and then the small demon brought the bowl to Buffy’s hand and repeated the action. She winced slightly as her skin opened but bled into the bowl. Again the crackle of power filled the room.

The demon returned to Dave and Lou and unbound their wrists.

“You are joined.” He announced and the hall erupted into cheers.

Buffy was openly crying now as she watched Dave grab Lou and kiss her soundly. She cradled her palm as the blood still pooled there. Her handkerchief was destroyed by tears already and she was trying not to get blood on her dress.

Spike circled his arms around her waist and kissed her softly. A thought popped into her head. She held her hand out towards Spike and watched him vamp immediately. After months of feeding of bagged food, he couldn’t control it.

He looked at Buffy questioningly.

“I don’t want to get blood on my dress.” She put as much feeling into the excuse as she could muster.

Spike lifted her palm and darted out his tongue to catch the drip of blood that had started to roll down her wrist. He licked his way up to her palm; Buffy trembled under the feel of his mouth and tongue. He guided her to the side of the hall and backed her up against the wall.

His mouth closed over her would and began to suck softly. Buffy panted slightly as her desire increased. She ran her other hand through his hair. Needing to do something she nuzzled his neck and nibbled.

**

Lou and Dave gazed happily at the two who were enclosed in the shadows.

“They could have waited.” Dave huffed jokingly.

“Are you kidding? Thanks to that I’ve just won our firstborn’s college fund” Lou laughed as Dave looked mildly shocked.

**

Buffy panted as she tugged at Spike’s hair.

“What? Did I hurt you?” his eyes were glassy and he seemed a bit out of it.

“We need to go somewhere, now. I can’t fuck you in a demon church no matter how turned on I am.” Buffy gasped.