A/N's: Sorry for the delay, been busy with work and kids, oh and forgive me if this chapter comes across a bit weird, it was so much easier to explain in my head. :)

**

Chapter 20

Buffy left Spike in bed, it was a week since Lou and Dave’s union and she hadn’t seen either of them. Lou had finally dropped by this morning and asked Buffy to come down to her office to talk.

Buffy knocked on the door and opened it as she heard Lou’s call to come in.

“Well you must have had an exciting week, since you fell of the face of the planet.” Buffy teased and Lou blushed slightly.

“Don’t tease me, my dad told me about the conference room table.” Lou smirked and Buffy looked horrified.

“He told you about that?” Her mind flashed back to the night of the union, her and Spike had stumbled through the corridor until Spike pulled her into a conference room and they made very good use of the table in there.

At some point Shiv had walked in on them, he quickly turned to exit while shouting about how the youth of today had no morals. Buffy had found that hilarious considering he was a demon.

“He told me, and then gave me a lecture on the perils of sex in inappropriate places.” Lou chuckled as Buffy gave her an apologetic look. Buffy took a seat in front of Lou’s desk.

“So what did you want to talk about? No, don’t tell me, one week into marriage and your looking to spice things up and want tips.” Buffy teased her again.

Lou snorted.

“Trust me; we are fine on that level. Dave does this thing with his tongue….”

Buffy cut her off by sticking her fingers in her ears and singing loudly. Lou just laughed, finally being able to get one up on the fiery little blond.

Lou waved her assent at Buffy and she removed her fingers from her ears.

“I wanted to let you know that you’re going home tomorrow.” Lou grinned at Buffy.

Buffy could only stare, did she hear right? She felt her heart in her throat and all of a sudden she felt light headed.

Lou watched the colour drain out of Buffy’s face and she looked at her friend, baffled.

“Buffy, are you alright?” Lou questioned.

“I just…I just feel a bit funny.” Buffy answered.

“Do you want me to get Spike?” Lou stood up.

“No!” Buffy almost shrieked.

“Okay, what’s going on? I thought you’d be glad to go home.” Lou demanded an explanation.

“I will be, I mean I am.” Buffy answered weakly.

“So what’s the problem? You have everything you wanted. You don’t seem to be happy.” Lou was still confused.

“You don’t understand.” Buffy whispered miserably.

“I won’t have Spike.” She explained.

Lou snorted.

“Excuse me but you have definitely been having Spike for the last six months, we can all attest.” Lou pointed out.

“it wont be the same when we get home.” Buffy felt the tears well in her eyes and tried to blink them away.

“Your right I don’t understand, why should anything change? You two are obviously nuts about each other.” Lou was genuinely confused.

“For one, my friends and watcher will never accept it. It will be an intervention all over again.” Buffy explained one of the problems.

“So? Tell them to piss off.” Lou demanded heartily and her use of a spike-ism made Buffy smile slightly

Buffy sighed and brushed her hair behind her ears.

“I’m a vampire slayer, Spikes a vampire. When we get home there’s going to be no getting away from that. The things his done in his past are going to keep coming up. Here I don’t have to worry because there’s no one for him to eat and he doesn’t have a soul.” Buffy tried to put it in to words.

Lou stared at her friend for a moment and didn’t know whether to hug her or drop kick her.

She went for a different approach entirely. Reaching into the bottom drawer of her desk she pulled out a bottle of tequila and two glasses. She filled both glasses and pushed on over to Buffy.

“Buffy what is it that you think we do here? In Hell I mean.” Lou asked.

Buffy looked lost at Lou’s new direction.

“You punish people.” Buffy answered simply.

“Yes, but why?” Lou continued.

“They’ve done bad things.” Buffy answered.

“So you think that’s the only reason, they hurt someone so we can hurt them? And for how long?”

“Not when you put it like that. They come here to be punished for what they’ve done, and I thought Hell was for all eternity.” Buffy huffed slightly; she didn’t understand what Lou was trying to say.

“Buffy, people go to Hell to atone for their sins, yes they are punished in a variety of ways but it’s done for a reason.” Lou tried to explain.

“Why?” Buffy asked shortly.

“People go to Hell to be punished for their sins for as long as it takes them to be redeemed and move on to paradise.” Lou answered her demand.

Buffy just gaped at her.

“Nobody is beyond redemption, granted it takes some longer than others. When they are truly sorry for what they’ve done and are fit for paradise, they move on.” Lou added kindly, she could see the incredulity in Buffy’s eyes.

“Redemption” Buffy asked softly.

“Nobody is beyond it.” Lou added again hoping to get the words to sink in.