**

Chapter 23

Buffy pulled on the sweat pants as Spike pulled on a shirt. Spike sat on the couch and Buffy sat on the arm of the couch next to him, Spike looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Buffy just rolled her eyes at him. They both accepted the coffee from Willow and the gang found seats around the room.

Riley sat on the chair and looked expectantly at Buffy. She looked at him for a few seconds before looking away. Giles opened the conversation.

“Did you get the amulet?” he questioned.

Buffy’s hand flew to her neck fumbling for the missing amulet.

“Oh fuck.” She exclaimed. She was met by a group of raised eyebrows and shocked expressions for the use of harsh language.

“Buffy, how could you be so irresponsible?” Giles demanded.

“Giles I wore that thing for like two months before I took it off.” Buffy snapped back.

“Two months? What do you mean?” Giles frowned at her response.

“You explain, I’m likely to hit someone.” Buffy ground out while waving her cup at Spike.

“Rupert, you remember when Angel went to Hell? How long was he gone, a few weeks right? Now tell me, how long was he actually in Hell for?” Spike explained it the way he had to Buffy, figuring it would be easier for Giles to come to it on his own.

Giles stared at the two sat in front of him with a horrified look on his face.

“How long were you gone?” He asked in a hushed tone.

“About six months.” Buffy answered simply.

Giles continued to stare at them. Xander spoke up.

“I don’t get, what’s going on?” He looked at his girlfriend before turning to Willow.

“The time line is different in Hell.” Willow explained as understanding dawned on her.
“Buffy and Spike have been in Hell for about six months.” She clarified for anyone who didn’t understand.

“Did you do this?” Riley demanded, jumping to his feet.

Spike rolled his eyes so far back he was amazed he didn’t fall over backwards.

“Yeah, it’s a big secret, vampires are time lords. Quick, write that down Rupert.” Spike gestured at Giles notebook.

Rupert suppressed a smile before looking at Riley.

“There is no way that he could of done it, I’m afraid it is my fault, obviously I didn’t research enough.” Giles looked apologetically at Buffy and Spike.

“Well there’s a first.” Buffy quipped to Giles.

Suddenly a hazy portal opened in the middle of the front room and Lou appeared. She opened her mouth to speak, but a bang echoed through the room. Lou looked shocked and looked down at her chest; a hole that was oozing blood had appeared.

Buffy looked around the room and saw Riley holding a gun. She only had a fraction of a second before Spike launched himself at the soldier. She threw herself at Spike and caught him around the middle. They landed on the floor in a heap. Spike struggled against her but Buffy wouldn’t let go.

“Spike! Lou needs us.” She yelled at him and he finally stopped struggling. She let him go and they crawled to where Lou had now collapsed.

“Lou, darling? Tell me the same rules apply.” Spike rasped out, his hands hovering above the wound.

“It’s ok Spike, it won’t kill me but it hurts like a bitch though.” Lou ground out.

“Do you want Spike to numb it while it heals?” Buffy asked Lou. Spike threw her a grateful look for giving him something that he could help with.

“That’d be nice.” Lou smiled weakly.

The gang sat in a shocked silence as Spike knelt beside the demons body and held his hands over the wound, his hands started to glow a pale blue colour. An icy steam came out of his hands as he sent a sliver of ice onto Lou’s wound.

Buffy waited until Spike was doing his stuff before standing up. She turned and stared at Riley. She stalked towards him in four long strides. As if sensing her mood he took a step backwards before holding up his hands.

“It’s a demon.” He said as if that explained everything.

Buffy gave him a disgusted look before pulling her fist back and swinging it towards him. at the last instance she reigned in her strength. The blow caught Riley in the jaw, it lifted him of his feet and he crashed into the wall behind. Buffy didn’t even watch him slide down it. She turned at looked once again at Lou.

“I take it you know this woman.” Giles chose his words carefully.

“Everyone this is Lou. Satan’s daughter.” Buffy introduced her cheerfully.

“Buffy, that’s not funny. I am not Satan’s daughter.” Lou chuckled in spite of herself.

“Well nearly.” Buffy answered with a smirk.