**

Chapter 28

Buffy was lying in her old bed staring at her old ceiling. It was strange to be back in her mom’s house, it was even stranger lying in bed without Spike. The evening before had been different, she had been exhausted from the interrogation and intervention. She would have slept standing up.

But now lying here alone with nothing but her thoughts she felt hollow. Sighing she turned over and closed her eyes, she could pretend to sleep if nothing else.

About a half hour later Buffy heard rustling at her window, she made a mad dash for it, her heart full of hope. Yanking the window up, she met a surprised Spike. She grabbed him by his duster and pulled him through the window.

When he landed on top of her Buffy let out a huge sigh.

“Thank God.” Buffy whispered before showering his face in kisses.

Spike was confused by her reaction but let her carry on, after all, he reasoned, her friends weren’t here to see. He hadn’t been able to help himself; he had come to watch her sleep for the last time. Unable to stop his own body reacting her fell into step with the kissing.

Buffy moaned when she felt Spike kiss her back, the feel of his silken tongue inside her mouth almost driving her insane with desire. Even though it had only been two days, she kissed him like it had been two years.

Tugging at his duster Buffy managed to push Spike up enough to pull it off him. Next she tugged at his shirt. Spike remained passive throughout this and Buffy wanted to scream in frustration.

Running her hands up and across his chest Buffy felt him shudder, at last she thought, a reaction. Pulling her nightdress over her head, she tossed it aside and lay back on the floor. The rest would be up to Spike, she could sense his reluctance and she knew the reason for it, she wouldn’t push him into this he had to do it by himself.

“Touch me Spike, please.” Buffy whispered and almost cried out at the anguish that rolled across the vampires face.

Spike, never able to control himself around Buffy, crashed into contact with her body, his mouth captured hers in a bruising kiss. Buffy wrapped her legs around him and clung to him for dear life.

Spike ground his erection into her pelvis and moaned as she returned the friction. When he had dreamed of making love to her one more time over the last two days it had always been slow and beautiful but now, faced with the reality, he couldn’t stop himself, the need to be inside her was almost overwhelming.

Tearing his hands from her body he almost tore his jeans open, he shoved them down to his hips and found her entrance with the tip of his cock. He thrust himself inside her in one movement and then stilled to let her get used to him, and to stop himself from coming with the first wave.

Buffy wiggled her hips impatiently and Spike pulled out a bit before filling her again.

“Yes! Spike! It feels so good, I’ve missed you!” Buffy was babbling as he filled her with each thrust.

Spike couldn’t take the heat of her body, feeling the end coming closer her sped up and deepened his thrusts so he could catch Buffy’s clit with each thrust. With every movement Buffy ground against him, and tightened her legs, trying to hold him inside a little longer.

He could feel her muscles tightening around him and picked up the pace further, it sent Buffy over the edge, he caught her mouth with his own to swallow the scream that was just about to erupt from her mouth and it smothered the noise that came from his as he followed her over the edge.

They lay slumped together on the floor panting. Buffy gave him a little push and he rolled off her. Finding her feet she staggered into a standing position. She looked down at Spike and giggled.

“Come on, get into bed.” She pulled at his arm and when he raised an eyebrow in a surprised look she explained.

“I want to talk to you, the carpet is annoying my carpet burns.” She giggled again at the look on Spikes face.

When they were both in Buffy’s bed she cuddled up to him.

“Will you promise me something?” She asked softly and Spike manage to not utter the word ‘anything’ immediately.

“What’s that luv?” he answered instead.

“Tomorrow before you…go, will you come to Giles’, it’s really important.” Buffy asked hopefully.

Spike could see the routine that Giles had probably done on Buffy, his mind briefly wandered to a public staking.

Buffy could sense his hesitation and quickly spoke.

“Spike I have never asked anything of you, I’m asking you to do this for me tomorrow. Please.” Buffy tried not to sound to pleading.

Spike stared at her for a moment, he would do anything for her, all she had to do was ask. He nodded at her before turning away.

Why oh why was he doing this to himself, prolonging the agony?