A/N's: I know you all think I've fallen of the face of the planet and I offer most humbling amounts of grovelling, I'm sorry there's been no updates for ages I have been away for a couple of weeks, and I have a new pub and a six month old who's teeting, basically I haven't had time to scratch my arse.
But hopefully things should be getting back on track now.
Little chapter I know, but more is coming.


**

Chapter 30

“Buffy I really must….” Giles interrupted the scene between his slayer and the vampire. But Buffy cut him off.

“You really must what Giles? Tell me not to go? Try to tell me all the bad things that Spike has done? I know all this and I still love him.” Buffy heaved a big sigh before addressing the group again.

“I love you guys so much and I’m really going to miss you all but this is what I want. I’m not shirking any responsibilities so there’s really nothing you can say.” Buffy reasoned.

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” Willow exclaimed before running to the slayer and flinging her arms around her. She hugged her tight and over her shoulder the red head spoke to Spike.

“If you hurt her I will beat you to death with a shovel.” Willow warned him, Spike looked at the witch and laughed.

“Please, she slaps me about daily.” Spike joked back.

Xander sat in shock, how could this be happening.

“How can you leave your friends and family, for him?” he asked tonelessly.

“Xander you have been my best friend since I came here but I am so sick of this shit. When we first met, you asked me out, I said no. you got pissed. Then you got possessed and attacked me. You started going out with Cordelia but it wasn’t enough, when Willow started dating Oz you decided that you did have feelings for her. You wrecked your relationship with Cordy and nearly wrecked Willows. You gave me such a hard time with Angel.” Buffy’s rant paused for a second before she continued.

“All the time you pretended like you were worried but that wasn’t it was it? You just weren’t happy unless it was about you, well let me tell you something Xander, we all forgave you for the shitty things you’ve done but this time I don’t care. I love you, but I don’t need your approval or support and if you don’t figure things out soon, you’re going to end up a lonely, bitter old man.” Buffy’s rant finished with a note of sympathy.

Xander stared at his best friend for a moment before getting up and walking out. Anya gave Buffy a helpless look before following him.

Buffy sighed heavily and looked at Willow.

“He has to sort this out by himself, there’s nothing I can do for him.” She tried to explain.

“I know, he’ll come round.” Willow hoped it was true.

“Well Spike and I need to get a few things together before we go, so we’ll see you in a couple of hours.” Buffy turned and looked at Spike, he nodded before following her out the door.

“I can’t believe she’d just leave like this.” Giles spoke quietly.

“Giles, she loves him, and I mean really loves him. She’s all glowy and stuff. And did you see Spike?” Willow exclaimed.

“I can see that her feelings do run deep but…” Willow interrupted the watcher.

“Giles, how did you react when she told you? Honestly?” Willow questioned and watched as Giles’ shoulders slumped.

“Not very well I’ll admit but I just want something better for her.” Giles answered truthfully.

“How do you know that there is something better for her than what she has with Spike? Giles he’d do anything for her. He will keep her safe and by the looks of it, make her happy. Isn’t that what you would want for her?” Willow tried to soften the question.

“He’s a vampire.” Giles stated simply.

“Who hasn’t feed on anything human for about eight months now and still seems fairly happy.” Willow finished Giles’ statement.

Giles just slumped even more and Willow stood up.

“I’m gonna head back to the dorm.” She watched Giles nod absently and let herself out.