**

Chapter 32

Giles got up the next morning and was greeted with a white envelope sitting on his table. He frowned as he picked it up, turning it over he opened it.

“Oh Dear Lord.” He sighed as he read.



You are invited to attend the Union of

William Gabriel Stanton
&
Buffy Ann Summers


He never had a second to think on it as Joyce came bustling through his front door with Willow and Tara in tow. He noticed that Joyce was pulling a small case on wheels. The invitations must have been delivered at night, he reasoned, that and everyone had got one.

“It will be fine when we get there girls, don’t worry.” Joyce was saying. She turned around and beamed at Giles.

“You have an invitation then.” Giles stated rather than asked.

“Yes, and we’re ready to go.” Joyce beamed again.

“Giles, are you alright?” Willow asked from behind Joyce.

“Doesn’t this seem a bit sudden Joyce?” Giles tried not to grimace at the thought.

“Of course not.” Joyce bustled, before continuing.

“They have been down there a year or more, Buffy said she’s ready and I support her decision.” Joyce explained in a calm voice.

Giles hadn’t thought of the time difference, a whole year had passed for Buffy.

“Wait, you’ve spoken to Buffy?” Giles asked surprised.

“She’s been back four times since yesterday.” Joyce let out an exasperated laugh.

Giles stared at her for a moment, why hadn’t he seen Buffy?

“She wanted advice on the Union; could you have helped with that?” Joyce asked with a pointed look and a raised eyebrow.

“Probably not.” Giles answered with a disbelieving shake of the head.

“Well, the portal should open up in a minute and we’d better be ready.” Joyce bustled; she cast a glance around the room.

“I guess it’s just us then.” She spoke with a sad glance.

As if by magic, the front door burst open and Anya rushed in dragging an obviously reluctant Xander behind her.

“But Ahn……..” Xander was saying.

Anya stopped abruptly and turned to face him and yelled at him.

“I don’t care if you want to go or not, I want to go and that should be enough, now I swear Xander Harris if you don’t do this I will never give you oral sex or have intercourse with you or anything that includes your pleasure ever again. Do I make myself clear?” Anya stamped her for with an air of finality, without waiting for an answer she swung around and finished dragging him the rest of the way in.

Joyce hid a smile as they all turned to wait.

**

Buffy waited patiently as she saw the portal shimmer into view, she giggled as she heard Giles swear and Willow mutter something as the stumbled out of the portal.

“Mom!” she exclaimed and rushed forward to cuddle her.

“Technically I saw you yesterday.” Joyce joked, but Buffy wiped a tear away.

“Not for me. It was two months for me.” Buffy whispered.

“Buffy! Hi!” Willow nearly shouted.

“Hey Will, you look great! And you Tara!” Buffy was almost giddy.

“Hello Buffy.” Giles spoke in a more refrained tone. He saw Buffy move to hug him but the restrained herself.

“Hello Giles, Xander. Anya you look great.” Buffy spoke with reserve at her two friends who hadn’t shown her any support.

Anya, who was caught up in the giddiness, threw herself at Buffy and the two girls hugged.

“Buffy, what’s with the suit?” Anya broke the happy reunion.

Buffy looked down at her attire and smiled. She was in a white two piece suit.

“I was working until you guys got here, I’m just waiting for Lou to come and take over.” Buffy answered.

“You work?” Giles asked curiously.

Buffy nodded as she spoke.

“I took over Lou’s old job pretty much as soon as we came back. I greet the newly arrived and direct them to where they are supposed to be.” Buffy answered

Before any more questions could be asked Lou popped into existence.

“Hey Buffy, you can go, your friends are probably keen to get to there rooms. There are only three rooms so someone will have to bunk together.” Lou flashed a secret smile to Buffy.

“Lou.” Buffy growled in warning.

“Oh okay, there are four rooms, spoil my fun.” Lou pouted at Buffy and she giggled.

“Joyce, you look fabulous as always.” Lou approached the older woman and they hugged.

“You too, how are everyone?” Joyce asked happily.

“We’re all fine. You mustn’t leave it so long before visiting again.” Lou replied earnestly.

“You’ve visited?” Giles spluttered.

“Twice.” Joyce answered with a serene smile.