Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so I am a really sucky author. I know it has been forever since I updated this but I plan on finishing it and my other stuff now.
Thank you to everyone who left reviews and who emailed me.
Chapter 33

Buffy lead them down the yellow painted corridor in silence, she was excited and nervous at the same time.

“So does Spike have a job too?” Willow broke the silence and Buffy grinned at her.

“He has two jobs actually. Three nights a week he plays bartender in the bar upstairs and the rest of his time……..” Buffy trailed off as she reached her room and opened the door and gestured her friends and mom inside with a sweep of her hand.

Buffy nearly burst out laughing when she saw everyone but Joyce stop in their tracks.

For there was Spike the master Vampire with a white towel draped over one shoulder, and on that shoulder, a green skinned baby with fuzzy red hair, fast asleep.

“Wake her up and I’ll eat the fucking lot of you. Not you though Joyce, obviously.” Spike whispered the threat and then looked a bit sheepish at the look that Joyce threw him.

Giles started spluttering as Willow and Tara rushed towards him cooing at the baby.

Joyce parked her suit case upright and walked to Spike.

“Pass Annie over and you can help Buffy get everyone settled.” Joyce gently took the sleeping baby from spike and cradled her in her arms.

Buffy felt another warm feeling in her stomach hearing the baby’s name. Lou and Dave had wanted to name her after Buffy, but Spike had put his foot down at the idea of naming her Buffy. So they had called her Annie.

“You baby-sit?” Xander demanded incredulously.

“Yeah, what of it?” Spike answered gruffly. He had been delighted when Lou had asked him to look after Annie. Buffy wasn’t really child friendly so Spike had jumped at the idea.

“You’re a vampire.” Xander pointed out stupidly.

Spike was going to answer but Joyce beat him to it.

“Everyone down here are demons, you better get used to it or you might find yourself sharing a cell with someone. By accident of course.” The evil smile that played on Joyce’s lips was hilarious thought Spike.

Xander swallowed loudly and took a step back.

“Spike, why don’t you take the girls to their room and I’ll show Giles and Xander and Anya to theirs.” Buffy interrupted with a giggle.

“She’s been fed and changed; she’s teething so I don’t recommend you put your fingers in her mouth.” Spike began to fuss around the baby and Joyce gave him a pointed look.

“Fine, find out the hard way but she has got a beautiful set of fangs on her.” Spike smirked but Joyce just gave an ahhh and lifted the baby’s lip to have a look.

Spike shook his head and walked over to Willow and Tara.

“Come on witches; let’s go see your room. Willow, Bubba wants to see you today, we won’t have much time tomorrow after the Union.”

Buffy smiled as she watched them all walk out.

Buffy watched as Anya ran around her room, pointing out all of the excellent features. She laughed when Xander took an interest in the huge tub that took up most of the bathroom. She left them to it and directed Giles further down the hall to his room.

She opened the door for Giles and started pointing out the great features that he had but she noticed that Giles was just staring at her.

“I don’t want to hear it Giles. This is meant to be a really happy time for me, so if you’re going to go all judgementally then I don’t want to hear it.” Buffy sighed unhappily.

“Are you really happy Buffy?” Giles asked as he sank into a sitting position on his bed.

“Extremely, in fact I’ve never been happier; I didn’t think it was possible to be this happy.” Buffy answered goofily and then sighed again.

“I know you don’t get it Giles, but I love him and he loves me.” Buffy spoke softly and genuinely.

“I’m really sorry that you have felt that you couldn’t talk to me about this. Your right, maybe I don’t get it, I think maybe I’ll never get it but if this is what you want then I support your decision.” Giles spoke just as genuinely and Buffy felt her heart swell.

Of all the people who she wanted on her side, her substitute dad would be up there on the top of the list.

She launched herself at her watcher and threw her arms around him. Giles caught her and held her to him. After a few minutes he patted her shoulder, a little bit awkwardly.

“Thank you Giles, I’ve hated this last year, not being able to talk to you.” Buffy wiped at the few tears that had fallen down her face.

“This last year?.. Oh Buffy, it’s only been a day for me. I’m so sorry I really didn’t think how this might affect you.” Giles felt some of the tension ease away now that they had talked.

“So Spikes a Nanny.” Giles chuckled and dodged quickly as Buffy tried to cuff him around the side of the head.