A/N's: Sorry for the delay, I've had no internet access for a week.


Chapter 4

Buffy had trailed along behind Spike all the way to Lou’s office. Spike opened the office door with a flourish and motioned Buffy inside.

“Hey Lou, we’re on a mission. A mission from God, we want to get drunk. Where can we do that?” Spike beamed at the demon behind the desk.

“Well there’s the employee’s bar, but if anyone asks, just say you’ve just started work with me okay? Just take the elevator at the end of the hall, 6th floor.” Lou filled them in cheerfully.

Right then, off we go. Tell me Lou, can we expect the pleasure of your company this evening?” Spike asked charmingly.

Buffy suppressed a stab of jealousy, Spike never talked to her like that; well not unless it was laced with sarcasm.

Lou saw the flinch in Buffy’s eyes and cheered up immensely. Anything to help the bet along.

“Sure Spike. I’ll be up as soon as I’ve finished my paperwork.” Lou beamed at him.

Buffy rolled her eyes and cleared her throat.

“Are we going or what?” Buffy asked sullenly.

Spike blinked in surprise. Was Buffy actually asking to go to a bar with him? Wonders will never cease, he thought.

“Sure Slayer, come on then.” Spike answered and headed out the door.

The elevator ride went without incident or conversation. The elevator opened directly into the bar. They reached the bar and Buffy sat down on a stool.

“So, what’ll you have Slayer? Coke? Milk?” Spike asked smirking.

“I’ll have what you’re having.” Buffy snapped. A big part of her knew that this was a bad idea, but hey, thought the other part, what’s the worst that can happen? Cave Buffy 2, the sequel, there was no Parker to maim, no college boys to maul. And she really hated the way that Spike smirked at her.

Spike caught the Bartenders attention and asked for a bottle of Jack Daniels and two glasses. He lifted the bottle and poured out two shots, he left one glass in front of Buffy and gave her a salute with his own.

“Bottoms up.” Spike cheered and downed the contents of the glass.

“Excuse me?” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“It’s an English thing.” Spike elaborated.

Buffy stared at the shot glass for a moment, and then realised that Spike was staring at her.

“What?” she demanded.

“It’s customary to drink your drink when trying to get drunk, I knew it, hang on I’ll get you a soda.” Spike shook his head mockingly.

Buffy grabbed the shot glass and drained it in one. She spluttered as the fiery liquid slid down her throat and wheezed as it made her stomach burn.

Spike laughed and poured her another shot.

“That’s my girl, a few more of these and you’ll be feeling no pain.” Spike chuckled again as Buffy stuck her tongue out in a blech gesture.

“Good, if I’m stuck here with you I may well need that whole damn bottle. And before we go any further let me make it clear, after a few more of these you will not be feeling anything. Got it?” Buffy glared at the vampire.

“Don’t flatter yourself Slayer, I might get drunk, I won’t get desperate.” Spike lied, so he fancied Buffy, there was no need to let her know.

Buffy mentally winced, did he have to be so brutal, again the 'was she repulsive' thoughts drifted through her mind. No, she had Riley now, her normal Joe. Oops, she had forgotten about him.

Buffy grabbed another shot and downed it. There was less spluttering and wheezing this time.

Spike watched her as her thoughts roamed through her mind and expressions rolled over her face. He wished he hadn’t said the desperate comment now, but there wasn’t much he could do.

“Listen Slayer, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…” Buffy cut him off.

“Spike, I don’t want to bond, I don’t want to share. I want to get drunk, forget how sucky my life is and hopefully wake up in my own bed and this nightmare will be over.” Buffy glared at the vampire again.

“Right.” Spike glared right back, bitch, he thought. Drunk she wanted? Drunk she would get.

He poured to more shots and lifted his own glass in a silent salute before draining it.

Buffy took her glass and drained it; she was definitely getting the hang of this drinking thing now. It was actually quite nice, she had a rosy feeling in her stomach and the room was only spinning a little.

**

When Lou entered the bar about an hour later she glanced at the bar. Buffy had her head on her arms, lying across the bar and Spike had his elbow on the bar and his head propped up in his hand, they seemed to be deep in conversation. She walked over to them.

“I know! I was like, why can’t you just deal with it? It’s what I do.” Buffy was exclaiming passionately.

Spike was nodding his agreement when he noticed Lou. He gave her a lopsided smile. She noticed the two empty bottles of Jack Daniels on there bar and shook her head.

“How much did you two have to drink?” she laughed.

“Spike drank most of it.” Buffy hiccupped in the middle of her explanation and blushed slightly.

A dark skinned demon came over to them.

“Hey Lou, who’s your friends?” he asked cheerfully.

Lou blushed to her roots, but it was hard to notice as her skin just turned a shade greener.

Buffy stared at the new demon, he had human features from what she could see, but his skin was so dark it was almost black and he had jet black hair. He was kind of cute for a demon she decided.

“This is Spike and Buffy, there stuck here for a while so there staying down on my floor.” Lou answered while looking everywhere but the demon.

Buffy and Spike gave him a wave and he smiled back.

“Guy’s this is Dave, he works with my dad.” Lou introduced.

Buffy burst out laughing.

“Dave! Dave?” she spluttered.

“Excuse her, she can’t hold her liquor” Spike covered.

“It’s ok, I get it a lot. My mom was human.” The demon explained. Buffy giggled again and laid her head down on the counter.

“Well, I better get going, early start. Lou I’ll see you tomorrow night maybe?” Dave added the last softly and Lou nodded her response. He seemed happy and left the three to it.

“Spike, I think maybe you should take Buffy to lie down.” Lou was saying quietly when Buffy raised her head.

“Oh! Ohhhh! You like him!” she accused suddenly, pointing a finger at Lou.

“Shhh!” Lou scolded her, “let’s not let the whole bar know.” She hissed.

Spike just shook his head, before wobbling to his feet.

“Come on Slayer, time for bed.” He announced and pulled her off her stool.

“I have a name you know.” Buffy snapped as he guided her to the elevator.

Lou watched them stagger into the elevator and shook her head, maybe two weeks was to long, those two were going to be at it within days she thought. Immediately her thoughts drifted to Dave.

The elevator doors pinged open and Spike headed out but noticed that Buffy wasn’t behind him, he turned and saw her slumped on the floor. He sighed and walked back.

“Up you get, you can’t sleep here.” Spike tried to lift her but she swatted his hands away.

“I can do it.” After a few attempts, Buffy gave a little scream of frustration and shrugged before slumping against the wall once more.

Spike gave a shrug of his own before grabbing the inebriated Slayer by the ankle and dragged her out of the lift and down the hall towards their room.

As she bumped along the floor Buffy let out a giggle, then a snort.

“What do you mean I can’t hold my liquor? I know exactly how to hold my liquor, by the ears!” She let out another snort of laughter at her own joke.

Spike suppressed a groan as he felt himself harden, the slayer was cracking cheesy jokes and she still managed to get him hard.

They reached their room door and spike opened it, he hauled the Slayer up into his arms and carried her over the threshold. He carried her to the bed and dumped her on it.

When she didn’t make a sound he looked more closely at her.

She had passed out.

Shrugging to himself he stripped off his boots and clothes. He shoved Buffy over to one side of the bed. Then he was hit by a sliver of guilt. Shaking his head, he staggered his way round to her side and slipper her shoes off. He followed them by pulling her shirt off over her head and slid her trousers down her legs.

When she was lying in her underwear, he took a moment to admire her body. There was no getting away from it he thought, she was gorgeous. As much as he wanted her, he didn’t want her while she was unconscious, well not as much he amended. He lifted her up and slid her beneath the covers. He walked back to his side and slid in next to her, he draped and arm over her waist and drifted of to sleep himself.