**

Chapter 6

Spike came out of the bathroom and discovered clothes and shoes draped everywhere. Buffy was still in the closet. He noticed a new pair of black jeans, a black t-shirt and a blue button down shirt draped over one of the chairs. Shrugging to himself, he pulled them on and headed out the door.

He knew Hell would be bad but he didn’t think it would be this bad. Trapped in a room, sharing a bed with the bloody slayer was driving him insane. Especially when all he could think about when he saw her was fucking her senseless. Tutting to himself he reached Lou’s office and knocked.

“Hello Darling, you look gorgeous.” Spike greeted the pale green skinned demon.

“What can I do for you Spike.” She knew she was leaving herself wide open for the flirty vampire but Spike never seemed to notice.

“The thing is, if we’re going to be here a while, I need something to do or I’m gonna go insane. Is there something I could help out with, surely you must have the odd job going.” Spike was almost pleading by the end of it.

“Well, I suppose you could help out a bit, although there’s no admin jobs going, you could fill in for a couple of demons on the tormenting front.” Lou supplied helpfully.

Spike grinned at her. No that sounded like just the job to take his frustrations out.

**

Buffy had spent hours in the closet, now her walk in wardrobe was so full it looked like it had a lifetimes worth of clothes in it. But now she was bored and wondering where Spike had got to.

As if by magic the door opened and the blond vampire of her thoughts walked.

She scrabbled out of the closet and beamed at him.

“Good day?” he asked, chuckling at the childish glee that lit her face.

“You could say that, but I’m bored now, and starving, you wanna go get something to eat? They must serve something edible for humans in the bar.” Buffy was quickly pulling on a new pair of boots to go with her new hip hugging, low riding trousers and baby t-shirt.

Spike groaned as he noticed that she wasn’t wearing a bra. Yep a drink would help, he decided. Not knowing how long this perky mood of Buffy’s was going to last.

Buffy eyed him critically.

“You better change your clothes, what on earth have you been up to?” she asked curiously. There were all kinds of fluids and something that resembled some kind of flesh that adorned his new clothes.

“I’ve been helping Lou out.” Spike said absently as he made his way over to the closet.

Buffy felt a mild stab of jealousy and gave herself a mental slap to try and shake it off.

Spike stood in wonder in the closet, one half of the walk in room was filled with clothes for him. Many shades and different colours jeans, pants and shirts with shoes and boots for every occasion.

He stuck his head out.

“You did this for me?” He asked softly, absurdly touched by the gesture.

Buffy reddened and looked away.

“I was bored, and I’ve wanted to undress you for ages.” At Spikes raised eyebrow, her blush deepened as she realised what she had said.

“Dress! I meant dress you for ages; you have appalling taste in clothes.” Buffy rushed in explanation.

Spike chuckled as he ducked back into the closet. Pulling his clothes off, he smiled smugly. The slayer fancied him as well, he had suspicions before, like the wafts of arousal he got from her, but he had always assumed she was mooning over farm boy.
Now he just had to think of a way to get her to let her guard down.

Dressed in a pair of chinos and a white shirt and loafers Spike walked out of the closet only to be greeted by an open mouthed Buffy.

“Come on then.” Spike’s smile was huge as he headed out the door, maybe Hell wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

Buffy gaped after him, boy it had been a bad idea to dress him so well, but who knew her body was going to react like that to clothes? God, she thought, this was going to be a nightmare.

**

Buffy settled herself in at a booth in the bar and Spike went to the bar and ordered for them, Buffy had asked him to in the elevator on the way up, she didn’t want to make a fool of herself if they didn’t serve normal food.

Spike carried over a beer in one hand and a coke in the other. He sat in the opposite seat and slid Buffy her drink. Buffy eyed it suspiciously.

“There’s no alcohol in that is there?” She questioned.

“No, I didn’t think you’d be up for another session so soon.” Spike gave a chuckle.

“Nope, definitely not.” Buffy smiled back. She didn’t know why they had settled into an easy friendship of sorts but she decided that she quite liked it. It must be that she knew that they were stuck here; they couldn’t be at each others throats all the time. Also Spike was actually kind of nice when he wasn’t being an asshole. Plus he was hot. Buffy wanted to bang her head against the table as the last thought slipped in.

Across the booth Spikes thoughts mirrored Buffy’s, he was amazed at the change in her, and she looked relaxed, cheerful, even. Spike decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

They chatted easily through dinner amazing each other as the conversation flowed. Buffy talked about college and what she wanted to do with her life, and she questioned Spike about his travels. They had a few awkward pauses as Dru was brought up but they overcame them.

With dinner finished, and a few drinks later, they headed back to there room and there was another awkward pause as they both considered the bed situation.

“We can share the bed.” Buffy announced, blushing slightly.

“Okay.” Spike kept his agreement short, not wanting to show eagerness in case she changed her mind.

“I mean, we’re both adults. We can share a bed without it being a problem, right?” Buffy reasoned, trying to justify her idea to her protesting mind. Her body was delighted at the prospect and beat her mind into a quiet submission. Besides it wasn’t as if she was going to do anything, but it was nice to lay next to him.

“Right.” Spike agreed readily, but was strangely nervous at the idea.

“Plus, you know I’ll dust you if you try anything.” Buffy joked trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“Yeah.” Spike chuckled back.

Buffy went to the closet and opened it, she pulled out a pair of pyjama’s and through a pair of men’s pyjama bottoms at spike. Christ, thought Spike, she had thought of everything.

“No sleeping naked if we’re bunking together.” Buffy chuckled at his expression.

“Right.” Spike answered, staring at the light cotton bottoms in his hand.

Buffy went into the bathroom and changed quickly, she stood staring at herself in the mirror. Maybe sharing the bed with Spike wasn’t such a good idea, well it’s not like she could kick him out now. She shrugged again, they were only sharing a bed, and she could be the adult that she talked about. Entering the bedroom again she glanced at Spike.

She let out a sigh of relief, she needn’t have worried. Spike was already asleep.

Spike kept his eyes clenched shut as he felt the mattress depress beside him. Keeping his back to her, his mind railed at him. This was fucking ridiculous, it scolded him. He was nearly a hundred and fifty years old and he was acting like a virgin on her wedding night.

Telling his mind to fuck off, he kept his eyes closed and tried to ignore the warmth that was touching him from Buffy’s body.