Chapter 7

Spike awoke again with a warm body draped over him, legs, entwined. Being careful not to move he took a moment to appreciate the situation. The heat from her body was delicious; he smelled her hair, skin and a faint whiff of arousal? As if to answer his question Buffy rubbed herself gently against his leg. Unable to suppress the groan this time he pushed his thigh further between her legs.

Buffy moaned softly and ground herself into his thigh. She slid a hand over his chest and opened her eyes, and then she seemed to wake up. As if struck by lightning she tore herself away from him, nearly falling out of the bed.

“Oh God! I am so sorry, I was dreaming…” Buffy couldn’t really explain that she was dreaming that after dinner last night, spike had taken her back to their room and the proceeded to take her in every conceivable position.

Spike suppressed the whimper at the loss of contact and let out an involuntary growl, she had probably been dreaming about farm boy.

Buffy blushed in shame, he probably thought she was some desperate nympho. She quickly scrabbled out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom. She took a very cold shower and berated herself for being such a ho. When she entered the room again, Spike had already gone.

Shaking her head again Buffy thought that he was probably embarrassed by her actions and didn’t want to have to talk to her. Buffy wanted to kick herself, last night she had enjoyed herself and the new start with Spike, and she had gone and ruined it by not being able to control herself.

Buffy dressed quickly and made her way to Lou’s office. There must be something she could do around here, if there wasn’t she was going to go mad.

Lou offered Buffy the same deal as Spike and flinched slightly as Buffy grinned maniacally at the idea, she showed Buffy to a corridor of cells and showed Buffy which ones contained vampires, she handed Buffy a bunch of keys and wished her happy tormenting.

**

The end of the day had come and Lou, as usual was sitting in here office. Her first visitor was Spike.

“Hey Lou, I really appreciate the job offer and I don’t want to seem ungrateful but I just can’t do it. Their bloody miserable and terrified to see me coming. I’m sorry sweetheart but my hearts just not in it.

“Okay Spike, no problem.” Lou smiled genuinely at the vampire, who would have imagined a vampire being sensitive? Spike just smiled before backing out the door and heading away.

A couple of hours later she received another visitor. It was Buffy who stuck her head around the door this time.

“Hi Lou, I’m gonna sound really ungrateful here, but I don’t think a career in tormenting is for me. I really thought it’d be fun you know? But their all terrified of me and I feel really mean, believe me, I never thought I’d hear myself say that. I’m sorry, but Thanks for the chance.” Buffy handed her set of keys back and closed the door behind here.

Lou sat at her desk with an awed smile on her face. How weird was that? When she had set the odds on those two getting together she figured it would be for sex, now she would lay odds on love. The thought lifted her, maybe there was a chance for her and Dave.

**

Buffy found Spike in their room, he was propped up on the headboard, reading.

“Where’d you find the book?” Buffy asked conversationally, determined not to bring up that morning.

The shelf over there does the same thing as the closet.” Spike answered without looking up.

Buffy wondered over to the shelf and closed her eyes, when she opened them a book was laying on the shelf. She picked it up and walked back over to the bed. She jumped on beside Spike and opened it.

Spike finally looked up.

“Who’s Laurell K Hamilton?” He read the authors name off the book.

“Oh, no one, I found one of her books in the library one day and their good.” Buffy looked back down to the book.

“A vampire executioner in love with a vampire? Hey aren’t they the erotic ones?” Spike suddenly accused, laughing.

“No!” Buffy denied firmly, and then added “I mean, they have got a bit of sex in them…”

Spike cut her off.

“So you’re reading…” Spike was laughing out loud by now.

“What? Their sexy! I don’t mock your reading material, do I?” Buffy snapped.

Spike held up his book. The title read Byron.

“Mock away.” He teased.

“So slayer, you think reading about a slayer and a vampire fucking is sexy?” Spike continued to taunt.

Buffy felt a sliver of desire hit at his crude language, and lashed out.

“Fuck off Spike.” Buffy snapped.

“Ohhhh, bad language now. It’s a bad influence, give me it.” He snatched the book off her and jumped up off the bed and danced away reading out the blurb on the back.

Buffy lost it; he could be such an asshole. She stomped over to him drew back her fist and punched him. Spike, who was still reading, didn’t see it coming. His head flew back and he dropped the book. Immediately he recovered, and punched her back, then remembering, waited for the pain. Nothing happened.

“Your chip?” Buffy questioned.

Spike just smirked.

**

Lou jumped as her office door banged open. Buffy flew into the room followed closely by Spike.

“Spike’s chip doesn’t work!” Buffy rushed the words out.

“Well, no. this is Hell. Why is it a problem…?” Lou explained.

Buffy was shaking her head vigorously.

“No you don’t understand, his chip doesn’t work! Is there somewhere we can fight? We don’t want to wreck our room.” Buffy grinned wildly at her.

Buffy and Spike stumbled back to their room. Buffy was sore all over and it felt wonderful. They had kicked each other all over the workout room that Lou had shown them to. After a couple of days of nothing, it felt fantastic to be doing something again. And she couldn’t have asked for better training than fighting with Spike. They were so well matched.