Chapter 9

One month in Hell

Buffy woke alone again, the same as every morning for the last two weeks. She heaved a sigh; the last two weeks had been Hell, well even more so. She was asleep by the time Spike came to their room, or at least she assumed he came back because some mornings he was gone when she woke.

She was deeply hurt by the vampire’s rejection; she just couldn’t understand what had happened. She had gone to the bathroom after the fantastic sex and when she come out Spike had gone, when she did see him he spoke in one word answers and curtly. When she entered the training room he grabbed his towel and left. It made her want to scream.

It was Angel all over again, well except that Spike hadn’t tried to kill her yet.
Stupid vampire, she thought for the millionth time. Well no more moping, she asserted to herself. Today she was going to ignore him and get on with things. She had been spending a lot of time with Lou and an idea had been building, today was the day when she would execute her ‘get Dave and Lou together’ plan.

Getting out of bed and throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt she left her room and went to see Lou.

“Hi Lou, you busy?” Buffy smiled as Lou gestured for her to come in.

“Not that busy now that you’ve been helping me out. You want to do the filing again?” Lou asked, standing up to grab a pile of folders.

“No, no, not today. Today we are going to sort out your love life, since my success with men bites the big one; I can live vicariously through you.” Buffy beamed maniacally at the demon.

Lou visibly swallowed.

“What do you mean?” she asked carefully.

“I mean that we are going out tonight and we are going to give Dave a wake up call.” Buffy explained patiently.

“Oh. Oh! No I can’t do that.” Lou was shaking her head vigorously.

“You like him don’t you? And he likes you. So you just need a little push and maybe some leather.” Buffy rested a finger on her chin as she thought.

“Leather? Wait! Dave likes me?” Lou sounded utterly confused.

Buffy let out a dramatic sigh.

“What is it with you people? You like him, he likes you, just get it together will you!” Buffy wanted to scream in frustration.

“Are you still talking about me and Dave?” Lou questioned softly.

“Of course I am. Now come on, finish what you’re doing so we can go and get started.” Buffy spoke impatiently.

Lou just shrugged and stacked her folders into a pile and gestured for Buffy to lead the way.

**

Lou sat in a chair in Buffy and Spikes room, only slightly afraid. They had spent a good few hours pampering themselves with bathes, face packs and mindless chatter. She had washed her hair and was waiting for Buffy to begin. Buffy had been going to the closet and back again with handfuls of clothes, hair and facial products. Every time Lou made a move Buffy barked at her to sit still.

So here she sat obediently, Buffy was kinda scary, she had decided.

Buffy took her position, standing behind Lou’s chair. She squirted liberal amounts of a hair product into her hands and ran them through Lou’s wet hair. She disappeared into the closet again and returned with what Lou could only describe as a torture implement.

“What the Hell is that?” Lou demanded.

“It’s a hairdryer.” Buffy stated.

“No, I’ve seen hairdryers, that isn’t a hairdryer.” Lou had stood up and was slowly backing away.

“Lou, it’s a diffuser, how can you be like this with makeovers? You’re a girl aren’t you?” Buffy questioned.

“Buffy I maybe a girl, but I’m a demon girl and I’ve lived in Hell my whole life. Makeover normally refers to getting the flesh out of your hair.” Lou said dryly.

“Lou, trust me. I’m not doing a ritual sacrifice; I’m just going to do your hair, ok?” Buffy asserted confidently.

“Okay.” Lou gave her own dramatic sigh and flopped back into the chair.

Buffy turned the hair dryer on and began to style Lou’s think red hair. When it was finished Buffy brought over a huge make up chest and had a look through it.

“We’re going for minimal here okay, because to be honest I’m not sure how to do make up on green skin, so just a touch of mascara and maybe a little lipstick.” Buffy commented while she went to work.

“So what’s going on with you and Spike?” Lou asked suddenly and then winced as the mascara brush was dragged across her face. Buffy quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped away the mess.

“I don’t know.” Buffy answered tightly. “One minute we were having….er, doing stuff and the next he was gone. Stupid vampire, I was stupid to get involved with him in the first place.” Buffy ground her teeth so tightly that it made Lou wince.

With a flourish Buffy waved the mascara brush.

“You’re make up’s done, no we just have to get your clothes on.” Buffy was smiling genuinely now. She walked to the closet again and came back with black leather pants and a black leather bodice. She held them out for Lou to put them on.

Lou looked at the clothing dubiously but took the proffered garments and slipped them on. Buffy had to help with the bodice, but when they were finished Buffy was grinning.

“You look fantastic!” Buffy exclaimed gleefully. She led Lou to the full length mirror in the closet. “Dave’s gonna totally lose it.” She smirked.

Lou stared at her reflection.

“Oh my God Buffy! Never mind Dave, my dad will lose it, I can’t go out in this!” Lou wailed.

Buffy blew a puff of air out and dismissed the comment with a wave.

“Lou, you’re a grown woman. And you can wear what you want. Now forget about your dad, tell me what do you think?” Buffy intoned.

Lou stared at herself in the mirror. Her hand came up to touch her hair. Normally it was a frizzy red mop but Buffy had tamed it into beautiful long ringlets, the eye make up made her eyes stand out and the clothing, well, Lou had never thought it possible that she could look like this. Her waist was accentuated and her breasts were lifted and held firm in place by the bodice, and she had a cleavage! A damn impressive one at that!

“I love it.” Lou gushed.

“That settles it then, give me a minute to get ready and then we’ll be going.” Buffy rushed away.

Lou continued to stare at this gorgeous demon in the mirror still not quite believing it was her, and then the penny dropped.

“Going? Going where?” She called but Buffy was a flurry of activity.

tbc...