Author's Chapter Notes:
I just wanted to say thank you sooooo much to my amazing BETA Lauriel who has been a HUGE help so a massive *hug* goes out to her.


ALSO I just wanted to thank everyone who has reviewed so far. Thanx to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter: quirks, Maxy, Ivy, cordykitten, Spikes_slayer08, jo, Pam S and serenity. You guys feed my muse and help keep me going.


I don’t know when I’m going to update again…. I’ve got my year 12 half yearly exams coming up soon and I’ve had a lot of assignments that need to be done so I can pass my HSC. I’m currently working on my PIP (Personal Interest Project) for society and culture and it’s currently 11,311 words long.


Hopefully I’ll have another update and if I’m lucky have enough time to write 2 updates before all of my exams start…


So heres to hoping *smiles*.
Chapter 12:



“He dumped you!” Cordelia exclaimed, eyes wide.


“Yes,” Harmony’s shoulders slumped.


“Spike dumped you !” Cordelia couldn’t believe what her best friend has just told her. Harmony had rung her half an hour ago, yelling at her to come over to her house. Upon arriving she’d found her friend sitting on her bed, wiping a few stray tears from her cheeks.


“I just said that! Do you have to repeat everything?” Harmony sighed. “It‘s making me feel worse.”


“I’m sorry,” Cordelia met Harmony’s sad eyes. “It’s just, I can’t believe that he dumped you.”


“Everything was fine before he went away on that stupid trip.” Harmony grumbled, tucking a few stray stands of hair behind her ears.


“Do you think it has anything to do with…” Cordy shook her head and laughed at the thought. “Never mind.”


“No. What?” Harmony sat up straighter, intrigued.


“It’s a silly thought, don’t worry about it.” Cordy shook her head again, trying to rid herself of the ridiculous notion.


“Tell me,” Harmony pressed.


“It’s just…” Cordy met Harmony’s eyes. “The last couple of weeks before school let out, I’d catch him always watching her…staring at her and her friends.”


“Watching who?”


“Buffy.” Harmony let out a laugh at Cordelia’s ridiculous suggestion.


“I’m serious!”


“That’s ridiculous. He wouldn’t leave me for h-her,” Harmony stuttered. “She’s such a loser.”


“A loser, yes. But she was also his best friend for God knows how many years before he saw the light.” Cordy shrugged before her eyes widened. “Maybe she did something to him on their trip. She seduced him!”


“That little tramp!” Harmony screeched. Frustrated, she stood and started pacing. “She stole my Spikey from me!” Cordy watched on as Harmony ranted. “I’ll make her pay for what she’s done,” she growled out. “ Nobody dumps me! He‘s mine!”


“What are you going to do?” Cordy frowned, seeing the leer that marred Harmony’s features.


“This is going to be sooo much fun.”


……………………………….................................................................................


“Did you have a good time, dear?” Joyce asked, handing Buffy another one of her shirts. Drusilla had left half an hour ago, after her father had come over to ask for her help unpacking their things from the trip.


“Yeah,” Buffy replied softly, smiling as her mother helped her unpack her bag from the trip. “It was nice, I had fun.” Her mother was silent, a knowing smile on her face. “What? What are you smiling about?”


Joyce just laughed and shook her head. “Nothing,” she turned her back to Buffy to gather more of her belongings. “Nothing at all.”


“Mom!”


“It’s just. You and William spent a lot of time together towards the end of the trip and I-“ She met her daughter’s gaze before turning again.


“Mom,” Buffy sighed, facing her mother.


“I’m worried,” turning, she faced Buffy. “You two stopped talking for a long time and now you‘re-”


“You need to stop worrying about me. Everything is going to be fine.” Buffy put the last of her belongings in her drawer and sat down on her bed.


“I know,” she sighed, sitting down next to Buffy. “You seem happy again.”


“I am happy.” Buffy smiled. “I haven’t felt like this in a long time and…I’m glad that I have it back.”


“I just can’t help but shake this feeling that things aren’t going to be easy for you both.” Joyce pet Buffy’s hair, smiling softly at her.


“When are they ever?” Buffy laughed.


“Just be careful, dear.” Joyce leant down and kissed Buffy softly on the top of her head before making her way downstairs to make a cup of tea and start dinner.


……………………………….......................................................................................


“So you broke up with Harmony huh?” Dru was leaning against her brother’s open doorframe, her arms crossed over her chest.


“Yeah,” he sighed from his position, spread eagled on his bed, arms behind his head he glanced at Dru.


“What are you going to do now?”


“I don’t know.” He sat up. “I want to build my friendship with Buffy again. I miss her and I know she’s not going to want anything more than just a friendship with me unless she can trust me.” He ran a shaky hand through his bleached locks.


“You have to earn it back.”


“I know,” he met Dru’s gaze. “I just can‘t help but feel that Harmony is going to do something stupid. She seemed-”


“I know,” Dru broke away from the doorframe and walked further into his room. “I told you before we left the cabin. Things are going to get worse before they get better.” Spike sighed and slumped further back onto his bed. Turning around, Dru walked towards her own room.


‘A lot worse.’ She sighed, lifting up her suitcase onto her bed. She grabbed her temples as she was hit with another image. Her eyes flickered as the images rushed into her mind.


“Oh!” She smiled, a giggle escaping her lips. She tucked her hair behind her ears and smirked. Things over the next few months were going to be challenging. Things were going to take an interesting turn.





Dru... review


Chapter End Notes:
mwahahah........ I know i'm sooooo evil