Author's Chapter Notes:
I was originally going to post this chapter up in about 4 days…. But I just got my corset and skirt sent over from the UK (I’m in Australia) and I’m in such a hypo mood…. I’ve finished my personal interest project for society and culture and it’s 10,853 words long…. So I thought I’d give you all an update hehe....

A big thank you goes out to Lauriel (my BETA) who has been a HUGE help.


ALSO I just wanted to thank everyone who has reviewed so far. Thanx to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter: Spikes_slayer08, chris, Ivy, cordykitten, Pam S, JO. You guys feed my muse and help keep me going.
Chapter 13:


It had been a few weeks since their return from the trip at the cabin and Christmas was fast approaching. Things between Spike and Buffy had stayed the same, Buffy not wanting anything to progress until he proved that he loved her, proved to her that she was worth more to him that his friends. Prove to her that she had reason to give him a chance to win her heart.


Christmas was in 2 weeks and the New Year not to far around the corner. The Bronze was holding their pre-Christmas party tomorrow night. It was just another excuse for them to rake in more profits from teen crazed customers. Buffy applied the last of her makeup, flipping her hair she ran down the stairs to meet Dru.


They’d decided a few days ago what their New Year’s resolution was going to be. Thus today’s shopping spree was about to start. Dru had pressed her and Willow for months, saying that she’d always wanted to have some fun with their look and now she finally had her chance to do that.


“You ready?”


Buffy’s grin answered Dru’s question. “Am I ever!” She slipped on her jacket and opened the door, slowly Dru followed, shaking her head at her best friends excitement. “Do you think it’s a good idea?” Buffy stopped before her hand reached the car door.


“Buffy,” Dru sighed, “Shut up and get in the car.” She opened the door for Buffy. “Once I’m done making you and Willow over, your boys aren’t going to know what hit them.” She smiled, shutting the door behind Buffy and walked around to the driver’s side.


“No, I meant, do you think it’s a good idea to be taking Spike’s car?” she asked, one eyebrow raised.


Dru shrugged her response, a smile playing on her lips. “It is now,” she giggled, starting the ignition. The Desoto roared to life and Dru grinned. “Besides he’s not even awake yet. It’s seven in the morning.” Dru put the car in drive and let the brake go. “Let’s get this show on the road.”


“Oh God!” Buffy’s eyes widened, glancing once back at Dru’s house and catching Spike’s slack jawed expression from his bedroom window as Dru drove them down the street in the direction to Willow‘s house. Buffy turned to face her friend, eyes wide with fear. “You are so dead when he gets a hold of you!”


………………………………....................................................................


“No!”


“Buffy,” Dru sighed, once again lifting the item of clothing into her basket. “You’re never going to know if it looks good unless you try it on.”


“It’s tiny!” Buffy huffed, looking at Willow with pleading eyes, hoping she’d support her with the argument. Buffy pouted as Willow held her hand in the air, a look coming across her features saying ‘I’m not getting involved in this.’ “It’s not going to cover my boobs!”


“You don’t know that.” Dru continued walking down the aisle of the clothes store she’d dragged the pair into. Buffy shot Willow another look, to which the redhead just shrugged. Buffy’s eyes narrowed.


They’d picked Willow up from her house at 7:15 and had spent the last 2 hours driving out to LA. Dru grinned, seeing the gothic store across from where they had parked near the city’s centre.


“Oooh, leather!” Dru grinned when she came across the striking pair of black leather pants. Willow snickered at Buffy’s face, her face frozen when Dru spoke again. “Willow, what do you think about this?”


The entire shop heard Buffy‘s laughter. “Willow, that is so you!” she giggled, grabbing the items Dru had gathered for her to try on, walking past a frozen Willow.


“I-I…um.” Turning her head sideways, she glanced at the barely there leather mini skirt Dru held in front of her. “I don’t know.”


“You’re trying it on.” Dru handed her the clothes she’d picked out and pushed her in the direction of the changing rooms.


“Yeah Willow!” Buffy smirked. “Try it on,” she giggled. “You never know if it’ll look good unless you try it.”


“Shut up!” Willow replied, poking her tongue out at Buffy before shutting the door to her booth.


Dru smiled, plonking herself in the seat facing the two booths that her two best friends occupied. She giggled silently to herself as their muffled ‘Oh god’s’ could be heard. Five minutes slowly ticked by. Glancing down at the watch on her wrist, Dru let out an impatient sigh. It was coming up on the10 minute mark and both girls had yet to open their door and show her their outfit.


“Are you guys going to show me your outfits?” Their hurried ‘no’ was rushed out in unison, Dru laughed in response. “If you two don’t want to walk home, then I suggest you both open the door and show me your clothes.” Her legs crossed and uncrossed, her right leg now hanging over the top of her left.


“I look,” Buffy opened the door to her booth with a sigh, “Ridiculous!”


“Ditto,” Willow said, as the door to her booth opened.


Dru let out a nervous laugh, her eyes raking over their forms. “You’re kidding me right?!” Slowly she stood, and making her way towards the two, she grabbed their elbows, directing them to a full-length mirror at the end of the change room. “You guys look hot!”


“Dru…”


“Don‘t Dru me.” Dru’s face was set, her arms folded, watching as Willow and Buffy tilted their heads this way and that, taking in their outfits from every possible angle. “You’re getting them and that’s final.”


“Fine!” Willow grumbled.


“I’m serious,” Dru ushered them back into the changing rooms. “You guys are going to look so drop dead gorgeous when I’m finished with the both of you.” She sat back down in her chair, waiting for them to get dressed back into their own clothes.


“You’re not going to dye my hair and put multi-coloured streaks in it, are you?” Buffy’s muffled voice carried through the door. “Because really, that’s going way to far.”


“I have to agree with you on that one Buffy,” came Willows muffled agreement.


“I‘m not telling you what I have planned.” Dru smirked. “You‘ll just have to trust me.”


After their purchases were made, Dru drove to the outskirts of LA and found a hair dresser that was asking for reasonable prices to do what she had in mind for Willow and Buffy’s hair. In the end both Willow and Buffy let out a sigh of relief when the mirrors showed them their new hair. Buffy’s had been highlighted after being dyed a brighter blonde, it was layered and framed her face. The hairdresser had styled it in a way that gave it a wavy bounce. Willow’s had been dyed a more intense red, having only a few highlights put through it. The length had been taken on and it now to sat a few inches below her shoulders.


“What do you think?” Dru was met with twin grins. “That’s what I thought.”


Chapter End Notes:
Don't worry i've got 2 more chapters up my sleeve hehehehe