Author's Chapter Notes:
I really should be studying for my exam right now.... but I took a break to update hehe...

A HUGE thank you goes out to my amazing BETA, Lauriel. You’re amazing…….


Also, I just wanted to thank everyone who has on the last chapter: Heidi, sarah g, cordykitten, laur, Pam S, Angi, JO, Ivy and Spikes_slayer08. You guys are awesome. *Big Smiles* You’re feeding my muse nummy treats, keeping her alive and kicking.
Chapter 16:


“We’re fixing this now!” She led Buffy through the crowd and forced her to stand in front of Spike. “What the hell is your problem?” Dru yelled causing Spike’s head to look up from the ground, eyes wide.


Buffy couldn’t look at him, wouldn’t. He was doing it again and it hurt her more than anything she’d ever felt. Her heart felt like it was breaking in half, each piece being ripped into shreds, shattered even further by Harmony’s smile.


“I-I-”


“No. You’re not doing this again!” Dru yelled, her hand still on Buffy’s elbow. “I won’t let you.”


“Go away you freak!” Harmony screeched, turning to face Dru for the first time.


“Listen here, you blonde plastic bitch!” Dru glowered. “Stay. Out. Of. This.” Dru punctuated each word with a deathly glare, Harmony shied away from Spike. “Talk to her!”


Dru grabbed Buffy’s arm and forced her to stand closer of Spike.


“Spike!” Angel laughed. “You didn’t tell me you’d bagged a wild thing like this.”


“Buffy I-” Spike started, interrupted by Angel sputtering his drink after hearing who the blonde bombshell in front of him actually was.


“B-Buffy?” Angel stuttered as Buffy raised her head, tear-filled eyes reaching Spike’s sorrow full gaze.

“Buffy?” Cordy laughed. Before anyone could speak, Buffy had ripped her arm from Dru’s vice like grip and bolted for the door. Spike’s eyes welled with tears seeing the woman he loved run from him in tears again.


“I hope to al Hell, William,” Dru growled, her voice like acid venom. “that you burn for this.” She spun on her heels and swiftly made her way in the direction Buffy had just gone.


“Well,” Angel laughed, “that was interesting.” He stood next to Spike, a hand on his shoulder. “Don‘t forget our little deal, William.” Angel’s voice darkened, a hint of his accent coming through.


“Sod off Peaches!” Spike growled, shaking Angel’s hand off his shoulder, making a start towards the exit.


“You go to her and I’ll ruin you,” he growled, Cordy and Harmony smirking in the shadows. Spike’s eyes were rimmed with tears, Angel’s threat stopping him from moving. “You go to her and she’s mine, Willie,” Angel growled, smirking as Spike’s back straightened, and he joined the group once again, downing a shot of whiskey.


He loved Buffy, but there was no way in hell he was going to let Angelus’ hands on his sister.






“Buffy!” Dru yelled, trying to catch up with Buffy as she bolted down the street.


“Go away!”


“Buffy!” Grabbing Buffy’s elbow, she spun her. “I’m-”


Drusilla was cut of by a strangled sob-like laugh from Buffy. “I shouldn‘t have expected anything else from him.” Her hand reached up to wipe away the river of tears that fell from her eyes. “It’s always the same.”


“Buffy, he-”


“No!” Buffy shot back, her body shaking. “Don’t you tell me there’s an explanation for this! That he loves me.” Voice getting louder, she pointed towards the direction of the Bronze. “He was back with them! With her! .” More tears fell from her eyes. “I should n-never have trusted him again.” Her shoulders sagged in defeat. “I can‘t do this anymore.”


“Buffy, please.” Dru reached out a hand for Buffy. “Let’s go home and get some rest.”


“I-I just want to be by myself for a little while,” she whispered, backing away from Dru.


“Just please be careful.” Dru smiled softly, waiting for Buffy to break from her sight before turning and making her way back to the Bronze to find Willow and Oz.


She was halfway there when the all too familiar tingles of an oncoming vision hit. Her eyes rolled back into her head, her body slamming into the brick wall, hands grasping at anything to hold herself up. This vision was unlike any other.


“Willie, Willie, Willie.” The voice she recognised as Angel’s taunted her. “When will you ever learn?”


Dru felt her body react instantaneously, her voice was not her own. “I want in, Peaches.” Her voice was Spike’s voice. She was in his body, watching his past, and by the looks of how old Angel looked, it was around the time Spike had humiliated Buffy in front of the entire school.


“I’ve heard it all before, Willie.” Angel laughed, towering over Spike, Dru felt herself cringe back. Angel stopped, a look of boredom and intrigue coming across his features. “There‘s a test and an agreement of sorts that need to be made.”


“I’ll do it.” Dru said instantly. She couldn’t control herself, couldn’t control anything that her brother was saying.


“Done deal.” Angel smirked, scratching off the paint on his nails, he leered at Spike. “You really should have listened to the terms, Willie boy.”


Dru felt her body tense, her voice speaking again. “What do I have to do to get in, Peaches?”


“I want you,” Angel started pacing back and forth in front of her, “to humiliate little Miss, Buffy Summers.” Dru felt herself growl, Angel only laughing in response before continuing. “I want you to tell her that she’s beneath you.” Dru growled again. “And if at any, any moment you back out of this agreement, Willie” Angel rested his hands on the arms of her chair, his face coming awfully close to hers, “Whether it be 4 months from now or 4 years from now,” his face got even closer. “That twisted sister of yours…” he smirked, Dru felt herself tense, “is going to be mine.”



Dru was thrown from the vision with such force she struggled stand. Spike had made a deal with the devil himself. Trading his lifelong friendship with Buffy for popularity. She finally understood why he’d been so cold towards her over the years. At any point in time Angel suspected Spike to be pulling out of their deal for popularity, Angel was going to make her his.


Not bloody likely.


“Son of a bitch!”


Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully that chapter explained a lot for you guys:)


as always i love to hear what you think, so leave me a review and feed my muse with your thoughts:) *hugs*