Author's Chapter Notes:
A HUGE thank you goes out to my amazing BETA, Lauriel. You’re amazing…….


Also, I just wanted to thank everyone who has reviewed on the last chapter, you guys certainly had interesting ways of expressing yourselves on that last chapter haha. Thank you to: sarah g, cordykitten, Ivy, demona424, Spikes_slayer08, Sierra, Pam S, JO and Eliza. You guys are awesome. *Big Smiles* You’re feeding my muse nummy treats, keeping her alive and kicking.
Chapter 17:


“Son of a bitch!” Dru growled, eyes narrowing as she righted herself, stomping her way back to the Bronze. ‘I‘ll kill him! I swear,’ she glowered, ‘And William,’ she laughed. “You stupid fool,” she whispered softly, shaking her head. Buffy had been so crushed by her brother’s betrayal of their friendship. Drusilla prayed that Buffy would give her idiot of a twin brother just one more chance to prove himself, because she was sure Buffy wouldn‘t be able to take the heartache again.


Dru shuddered as a flashback of Angel’s smug look came across her mind, her fists tightening in automatic response to his leering face. ‘Pain… lots of pain!’


She had no sooner made it through the doors to the Bronze than she was assaulted by Willow’s frantic questions and Oz’s quizzical gaze.


“Where’s Buffy?” Willow’s voice shook, panting to catch her breath. “I-I saw her go off with you to talk to Spike, same time as Xander scampered off with Anya. A-and then I saw Buffy running towards the door, and then, well, Spike looked really upset. Angel was yelling at him… Harmony and Cordy were just smiling, gave me the wiggins.” She shuddered.


“Willow.” Dru grasped Willow’s shoulders and offered her a soft smile. “Buffy‘s doing OK. She went home. Xander’s with who?” Her eyes widened.


“Anya. You know the girl he’s been dying to date since like… ever.”


“Oh,” Dru whispered, her thought broken by Oz.


“What happened?” Oz asked, resting a hand on the small of Willow’s back, making her jump slightly. Just before Willow had spotted Buffy run from the Bronze, Oz had asked her on a date and she’d agreed. Xander had made himself scarce. A blonde girl had come up to the table and asked him to dance.


“Seems Angel thinks he can control my brother with a threat.” Dru’s voice darkened.


“D-Dru-”


“People should know better than to mess with what’s mine.” Her gaze slipped from Willow’s and moved to the corner of the Bronze. Spike was sulking in his chair, downing shot after shot of alcohol. Angel smirking at Spike’s defeat, Harmony and Cordy on either side of him, their arms draping all over him. “Nobody messes with family. Especially not my brother.”


“Y-you’re not going to do anything stupid, are you?” Willow asked, eyes wide with concern.


“No,” Dru sighed, “I’ll deal with Angel later. Right now, though, I‘m going to go and save my brother from giving himself alcohol poisoning.”


“We’ll wait outside for you,” Oz said, starting to lead Willow towards the exit. “We’ll walk you guys home, then I’ll give you a lift back to yours?” he turned to ask Willow, who smiled and nodded in response.


“Thank you.”


Dru’s face was set in determination. This was going to stop, right now. She stalked over to the table where Angel sat, smug look still plastered on his face, Spike still downing shots of whiskey.


“Get up,” Dru sternly said to Spike, voice void of any emotion.


“Drusilla. Back so soon?” Angel laughed, Harmony and Cordy giggling beside him.


“Dru, wha’ are you doing ’ere?” His accent was always so thick when he was sloshed. Voice still void of emotion, she replied.


“Pick your drunken ass up. We’re going home.” Before Spike could reply, she all but yelled, “Now!” Angel started laughing, shrugging Harmony and Cordelia off his shoulders.


“Now, now..” Angel tittered. “There’s no reason to be like that.” He stood, coming to a stand a few paces in front of her. “Stay for a few drinks, sweet thing.”


He never saw the fist coming. “You!” Dru yelled, reeling her hand back from her punch to Angel’s face. “Ever!” She was panting, adrenaline rushing through her body. “Try to manipulate my brother again, and I’ll make sure…” Instead of his groan of pain, she was met with his laughter.


“Don’t play with fire, little girl,” he growled, face coming inches from hers. She’d punched him square in the nose, blood was pouring freely from it. “You‘ll get burned.”


“Oh my God! Angel, baby.” Cordelia gushed, standing beside Angel. “How dare you!?” Cordelia was silenced by the ice cold look Dru shot her way, Harmony not having the guts to stand up and face her either.


“I’m hardly a little girl, Angelus,” Dru growled, Angel’s eyes going wide. There was only 3 people including himself who knew his alter ego and he was sure Dru wasn’t one of them. Spike was swaying, leaning on his chair, a grin plastered on his face. “You best remember that.” Dru pulled back her fist and punched him square in the jaw. “Pick your feet up, William. We’re leaving.”


They were a few steps away when she heard Angel’s growl. “This isn‘t over bitch.”


“It’s only beginning.” Dru spun, facing him, eyes dark with menace. “Asshole!” She yelled, turning and walking her drunken brother out the door.


“Tha’ was bloody brilliant. Righ’ in the face. Sucker punched him goo’ you di’.” He smiled, groaning when Dru slapped him across the face.


“I could throttle you, William!”


“Wha’ the hell was tha’ for!?” he yelled, hand raising to rest on his brightening cheek. Willow and Oz stood to the side, wide eyed, not wanting to interrupt.


“How could you not tell me?” She slapped him on the arm. “How could you do that to her!” she yelled, slapping him a few more times.


“Will you stop hittin’ me?” Spike exclaimed, arms raised in defence. Dru stopped for a few seconds, as soon as Spike’s shoulders relaxed she slapped him across the head.


“No! You idiot.”


Willow bent her head to whisper to Oz. “What do you think they’re fighting about?”


“Five bucks say‘s its about Buffy.”


“Could be about Angel to.”


“Guess we’ll just have to wait to find out.”


“Wha’ did I do?” Spike exclaimed, backing away from his furious sister.


“You made a deal with him,” she yelled, tears rimming her eyes.


“With who!”


“Angelus!” Dru screamed at her brother’s obliviousness, Spike’s shoulders sagged. “Did Darla not tell you anything?” She wiped at her face where her tears had fallen.


“Yes.” Spike whispered, the slaps Drusilla had given him seeming to break through his drunken haze.


“She warned you about him and still you-” She stopped, gaze refusing to meet his. “You really fucked up this time, William.”


“I agreed to it before he even-”


“I know,” she whispered, meeting his surprised gaze. “I saw the whole thing. As if I was you. How could you?”


“Dru-”


“Uh…Guys,” Willow smiled and waved as they both turned. “Hate to break this up, but uh… Can, can we maybe continue this out of the dark scary alleyway that is the Bronze entrance?”


Chapter End Notes:
hehe..... It was a long time coming that someone finally beat the hell out of Angel... and why not slap Spike a few times in the process...


As always I LOVE to hear what your thoughts on the chapter were.... so review and tell me.....