Author's Chapter Notes:
It’s currently 2am in the morning… and I’m sooo tired.. But I just finished making the changes to this chapter… This will be the last chapter to this story and as I said in the previous chapter.. Some of you may not like the ending, but their will be those who do… So I’d love to hear your thoughts either way. *Smiles.


*A HUGE thank you goes out to my amazing BETA, Lauriel for helping me out with this story over the last couple of months. You’re amazing *smiles*.


Again, as always. Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter. Thank you to: sarah g, Spikes_slayer08, Ivy, demona424 and _3xy_. Well here it is.. The last chapter… *giggles* I hope you like it.
Chapter 21:


“I don’t think I can do this,” Buffy nervously stuttered, taking another brief glance at the stairs in front of her. They seemed to be mocking her, each time she attempted to ascend them her body would succumb to her nerves and she would back down to her friends awaiting at the bottom.


“Yes, you can.” Willow smiled, giving Buffy’s back a nudge with her hand. Oz stood not far behind Willow, nodding his encouragement. After Buffy, Dru and Darla had arrived they had immediately spotted Willow and Oz on the dance floor and followed them back to their table where Xander and his new girlfriend were sitting. Dru had mumbled something incoherent and grabbed Darla’s hand, dragging her to the bar.


The group had sat for the first 15 minutes laughing at the pathetic hopefuls as they ascended the side steps to the stage and started singing. The Bronze gave its patrons two options. 1. Sing along to music karaoke style or 2. Sing your own song with your own music. Buffy had chosen the second option and the nerves were starting to take their toll.


“C‘mon Buffster. You can do it.” Xander beamed, giving Buffy two thumbs up.


“Heh,” Buffy meekly smiled, repeating the gesture to him.


“Look, you’re up next.” Willow pointed to the stage where three young men seemed to be singing.


‘We are as Gods!’


Buffy shuddered, gripping her guitar neck harder. “I think I’m going to be sick,” she mumbled before thrusting her guitar into Willow’s open hands and making a dash for the ladies bathroom.


“Well that didn’t go quite how it was supposed to,” Anya smiled, wrapping her arms around Xanders waist. “Can we go dance now?”


……………………………….............


“Well maybe if you had told him how you felt in the first place, you wouldn’t be in this position,” Darla sighed sadly, watching her cousin take a huge gulp of her drink, a sad look crossing her features.


“I thought it was obvious,” She sighed, staring at the object of her affections dancing with another woman in her arms.


“Honey,” Darla slid closer to Dru, “males are stupid. You need to spell it out for them so they understand things.” She petted Dru’s hand, taking her drink from her. “He’s young. You’re both young.” She smiled softly at Dru. “You’ll find someone who’s right for you. It‘s just going to take a little time.”


“I know,” Dru sighed, tucking a few stray locks of hair behind her ears.


“You gotta help me, luv!” Spike groaned, coming to a stop in front of the pair.


“When did you get here?” Darla asked, frowning as Dru took her drink out of her hands and took another sip.


“Bou’ half hour ago,” he ran a hand through his hair and plucked Dru’s drink out of her hands, sculling the rest of it.


“Hey!”


“I’ll buy you another one later. Look I‘m goin’ crazy over there.” He paced slowly back and forth in front of them. “Every time he laughs I feel like reaching across the bench and sloggin’ him one. Harmony keeps nattering on about god knows what ‘cuz I’m not listening and all I can see is Buffy sittin’ over there an-” Spike glanced over to the table where Buffy, Oz, Willow, Xander and Anya were sitting and laughing.


“So you want us to do what exactly?” Darla asked, eyebrow raised.


“Well I have a plan…” Spike grinned.

……………………………..


“Had to go an’ get a drink.” Spike said, gesturing to the drink in his hands as he came to a stop at the table where Angel, Harmony and Cordelia were all standing.


“You didn’t miss much,” Angel smirked, a grin on his face, nodding to the stage where a trio of boys had just walked on.


“Spikey, did you get me one?” Harmony whined, slipping her arms around Spike’s waist. Spike held back his shudder with a grit of his teeth.


“Sorry, no,” Spike said, attempting to slip out of her grasp. He failed.


“He’s over here, look.” Spike held back a smile hearing his sister’s voice getting closer. “Spike, are you going to come dance with us?” He heard Dru ask, his back facing her.


“Spike, my boy,” Angel smirked, eyebrow raised, “I thought we had a little deal.” He glanced at Dru who was facing him and the back of Buffy’s head. “You start hanging out with Ms. Summers again and-” Darla smiled at Dru, letting out a nervous shaky breath. She heard Spike cut in.


“Peaches, I‘d like you to meet someone.” Spike smirked, wrapping his hand around Darla’s waist and spinning her to face Angel.


“Darla?”


“Hello Angelus.” Darla smiled at her capability to render Angel speechless. Spike gave Darla an encouraging squeeze just as Dru flanked his other side.


“Who is she?” Cordelia asked, wrapping her arms around Angel’s waist in a possessive manner. Angel opened and shut his mouth a few times, no sound coming out.


“This,” Spike smiled pointing to his cousin, taking a sip from his drink, “is my cousin Darla.”


“Your cousin?!”


“Yeah. You know, the one you were screwing four years ago before you fucked her over. You manipulative basta-” Dru glared, her voice like acid venom.


“Hey!” Cordy yelled, cutting Dru off. “You were having sex with her?” Cordy’s eyes were rimmed with tears as she broke from Angel’s arms to glare at him.


“I. I uh…”


“Listen here, Angelus.” Darla glared, stepping closer to Angel. “I want you to leave my family alone.”


Angel’s eyes darkened. “Now why would I go an’ do that, darling?” He smirked, his accent coming through as he stepped closer to Darla. “We could be so good together.”


“Excuse me!” Cordy yelled.


“Don’t play with me, Angelus.” Darla growled, stepping away from him and back into Spike’s arms.


“It’s not my fault your legs are like butter,” he leered. “They spread easy.” He never saw the punch coming as Darla’s fist veered back and punched him square in the nose.


“Ow!” she yelled, holding her already bruising knuckles. “Ow, ow, ow!” She waved her hand back and forth, listening to Angelus laugh.


“You always did hit me like a girl.” He laughed, wiping his nose. It stung, but there was no blood leaking from it.


“I am a girl, you idiot.” Darla’s eyes narrowed, Dru’s hands coming to her shoulders. “Unless you forgot so quickly about what lies between my legs.”


“Sweetheart,” Angel smirked, glancing at her lower waist openly, “I could never forget.”


“Oi!” Spike growled, shoving Angel in the shoulder.


“What are you going to do, Willie?” Angel smirked, stepping closer to Spike.


……………………………….................


“Ok. I can do this.” Buffy nodded to herself as she ascended the stairs. “I can do this,” she whispered, taking a seat at the stool that had been set up for her. She smiled as the technician set up a microphone at her guitar’s height and adjusting the other for her to sing into.


“Woo!” Buffy’s heart skipped a beat hearing Xander’s yell from the front of the dance floor. Glancing down, she saw all her friends standing there, matching smiles on their faces as they gave her the thumbs up as encouragement.


‘Oh God.’ her heart was racing, only speeding up more when the technician spoke.


“Whenever you’re ready.” He smiled and left her alone, sitting in the middle of the stage, guitar in her lap, staring out at the packed Bronze.


‘Dawnie, if you‘re up there. I need you to help me get through this.’ Buffy thought, taking a deep breath before speaking.


“This uh-.” Buffy let out a breath. “This song, I wrote for a very close friend of mine.”


……………………………….....................


“Awww,” Angel smirked. “Isn‘t that sweet. Little Miss Summers wrote you a lil song.”


“Shut it Peaches,” Spike glared, all his attention now focused on Buffy, who was sitting centre stage, with her guitar in her lap.


“I warned you what would happen if you-”


“I’d be watching what you say, Angelus,” Darla cut in, spinning to face Angel. “Or I’ll let everyone at your school know exactly how big your-” Angel’s eyes narrowed as Cordelia let out a snicker.


……………………………….............


“There’s often times when you can’t tell someone something.” Buffy glanced down at her guitar before smiling at her friends in the front row, Darla and Dru were still not there. With a sigh she continued, “I find the best way is to sing it. So, you know who you are. This ones for you.”


Slipping the pick from the guitar’s neck, Buffy started to pluck a few strings. She smiled when she started the right tempo. She closed her eyes and leaned forward, her mouth coming close to the microphone.


I don’t think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night
And I count the colours in his eyes
He’ll never fall in love he swears
As he runs his fingers through his hair
I’m laughing cause I hope he's wrong
I don't think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke I fake a smile
That I know all his favourite songs
And..



Spike’s heart was racing, his gaze solely fixed on her as she strummed away at her guitar, signing to him, spilling her heart out in front of hinders of strangers.


I could tell you his favourite colour’s blue
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I’d lie



“I hate to say it,” Dru whispered. “But I told you so.”


“Shh,” Spike whispered back, eyes not breaking away from Buffy. She’d just said she loved him. Hadn’t she?


He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn’t a light go on?
Doesn’t he know that I’ve had him memorized for so long?
He sees everything black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don’t let nobody see me wishing he was mine



Spike’s eyes welled with tears hearing the emotion cracking in Buffy’s voice as she sung. Memories of their trip to the cabin flashing through his mind, of the two of them. The glances she snuck at him when she thought he wasn’t looking. The hidden meanings to a smile or a phrase she said. He had been so stupid.


I could tell you his favourite colour’s blue
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I’d lie



“This is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever see-”


“Shut your face Peaches, or I’ll shut it for you,” Spike growled, spinning to face Angel.


He stands there then walks away
My God if I could only say
I’m holding every breath for you…



“Willie boy.” Angel punched Spike in the nose. “I’d like to see you try.” He leered, smiling seeing Spike’s bleeding nose.


“I’ve been waiting over four years to deck you, Peaches. You’ve played me for far too long,” Spike growled stepping closer to Angel. Cordy and Harmony stepped to the side, coming close to Darla and Dru.


He’d never tell you but he can play guitar
I think he can see through everything
But my heart
First thought when I wake up is
My God he’s beautiful
So I put on my make up
And pray for a miracle



“You finally decided to grow a pair, did you?” Angel laughed. “You think Buffy‘s going to give you everything you need.” Spike glared back, not saying a word, fists clenching at his sides. “She’s a nobody. A social outcast, who won’t put out unless you pry those dimpled knees apar-”


Yes I could tell you his favourite colour’s blue
He loves to argue oh and it kills me
His sister’s beautiful. He has his father’s eyes



“Asshole!” Spike growled, smirking to himself as he shook of the force of his pnch from his fist. He came to a stop, standing over Angels crumpled form on the floor. He grinned kicking him in the stomach, being met with a groan.


“I’d watch who you play with, Angelus.” Dru giggled, slipping her arm into Spike’s. “You’ll get burnt.”


And if you asked me if I love him
If you asked me if I love him
I’d lie



………………………………


“Thank you.” Buffy smiled in response to the applause she was met with. Standing she bowed briefly and descended the stairs, where her screaming friends were waiting for her.


“Buffy, that was amazing!” Willow beamed, embracing Buffy in a tight hug.


“You did good, Buffster.” Xander smiled, giving her a hug.


“I knew it was going to be great.” Dru laughed, pushing her way to the front of the group to hug Buffy.


“I didn’t see you guys.” Buffy smiled sadly at Dru and Darla.


“We were taking care of a little problem.” Darla smiled, cocking her hip and nudging the person behind her, who were wiping their bloodied nose clean. Buffy’s heart was thundering, seeing who was standing behind Darla.


“Something you wanted to tell me, pet?” Spike asked, smiling. Willow, giggling, dragged Oz further back form the group. Darla and Dru did the same to give the couple some space.


“I think we’re supposed to-” Anya whispered in Xander’s ear as she dragged him away.


“I, uh-” Buffy glanced down. “I, um.” She met his gaze. “I-” she was cut off by Spike’s lips crashing down onto hers. His hand cupped the back of her neck as his tongue came out to play with hers.


“Woo!” Dru wolf whistled, making Spike and Buffy smile into the kiss. Pulling back, Spike rest his forehead on Buffy’s.


“I love you so much,” he whispered, stroking her cheek. “I‘ll do anything to have a chance with you. Punched Angel and everything.”


Buffy laughed, pulling back and wiping some dried blood from his chin off.


“He got one in too, but I got him good,” Spike continued.


“I’m willing to work on this with you,” Buffy whispered. “But if you hurt me again, I’ll-” She was cut off again by his lips attacking hers possessively.


“Never again,” He whispered, hands wrapping around her waist.


“Ever, ever?”


“Ever, ever, Pet.” Spike smiled, kissing her briefly one more time before turning to face their laughing friends.





THE END…


Chapter End Notes:
*sigh*.. This story has finally come to an end.... Thank you again to everyone who stuck with it... I really appreciate you feedback *hugs*... I', going to hopefully upload a 3 chapter short story soon and then focus solely on finishing Loves Bitch...

OH... and if a few of you noticed already... i changed a few of the lyrics around in the song to suit Spike's character more:) *giggles*...