Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you sooo much to Lauriel for being my beta on this chapter.. Your doing an awesome job hun.. *hugs*


And thank you so much again, to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter hehe: cord kitten, Heidi, JO, Chris, Ivy AND 3xy


You guys keep me going:)
Chapter 5:


“You looked beautiful."


He thought she’d looked beautiful last night. Buffy couldn’t contain her smile as she woke that morning, stretching her arms above her head, she yawned and made her way to the bathroom.


The water seemed to wash away the previous day’s tears as Buffy placed her head under the spray. After washing her hair, brushing her teeth and giving her hair a once over with the hair dryer, she padded softly down the hall back to her room. Not before hearing the strumming of a guitar, her guitar.


Silently, she slipped on jeans and a t-shirt and made her way down the hall, coming to a stop just outside the lounge room. Her eyes widened at seeing Spike strumming away on her guitar, his eyes closed.


And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now



Buffy’s eyes filled with tears at hearing the softness in his voice. She’d never known that Spike could play the guitar, especially this well.


And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight



Spike’s eyes remained closed, as his features shifted and a crease formed over his brows. After coming home from dinner last night he’d had the desperate urge to write again, something he hadn’t done in years. It was in hope that he wrote the lyrics, hope that Buffy would give him a second chance, a chance to prove that he still felt for her, that their friendship still meant something.


And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am



His eyes opened, tears crowding the edges. He knew his friends wouldn’t understand, knew that when they got back to Sunnydale, things were never going to be the same again.


And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive



Buffy let out a huge sob, her hand coming to her mouth. Spike stopped singing and looked up, his hands no longer strumming away on the guitar. He had heard her cry, a sob he wished he hadn’t caused. Turning his head in the direction of the noise, his shoulders sagged some more. He‘d missed her, only catching a flash of light blonde hair as it disappeared around the corner.


At hearing a door slam shut, he squeezed his eyes shut and let the few tears that he had been holding back silently make their way down his cheeks and onto the wood of the guitar.


………………………………....................................................................


Dru had been awake for the last hour, having gotten up when she heard her brother’s door open and close as he went to and from the bathroom. She had heard him last night, softly singing to himself in the confines of his room, thinking that no one was listening. She heard his pain as he cried, softly before drifting off into what she knew would be a restless sleep.


Hearing Buffy’s hastened footsteps coming down the hallway, she opened her door and motioned for her to come inside.


Buffy sat on Dru’s bed, watching as she came to sit on the mattress next to her. “He loves you,” she whispered softly, bringing her hand up to wipe away a few tears that rested on Buffy’s cheek.


Buffy let out a strangled laugh and shook her head. “No, he doesn‘t.” Looking up, she met Dru’s gaze, “But thank you for saying it.” Fiddling with imaginary lint on her jeans, she waited for Dru to speak.


“You’re both so blind!” Dru stood up, frustrated not only with Buffy but her brother as well. “You love him, he loves you-” She paced back and forth in front of Buffy, stopping a few seconds later. “It‘s not that hard, you know?” she pointed to the door. “Just-” She was cut off.


“What? Go out there and tell him I love him?” Buffy’s eyes filled with more tears. “Have 2 weeks of actually being happy?” Dru lowered her arms. “The second, second we get back to Sunnydale, he‘ll be back with them.”


Dru softly nodded her head in understanding.


“I won‘t put myself through that.” Buffy slowly stood, wiping the tears from her face. “Not again.” She opened the door and made her way to the bathroom.


Looking in the mirror at her appearance, she shook her head before letting a few more tears fall. Turning the faucet on, she splashed cold water on her face, washing away the tears. Grabbing a towel from the basin top, she dried her face before looking back in the mirror and applying her make up.


“Buffy?” There was a knock on the bathroom door, making Buffy‘s stomach jump with nervousness. “Breakfast is ready sweetie.” Her mother’s footsteps could be heard retreating towards the kitchen.


“Dawnie,” Buffy looked up at the ceiling. “If your up there? I need you,” Buffy willed back the tears. “I don‘t know what to do...” With one last glance in the mirror, Buffy put on a fake smile and made her way to the kitchen, greeting her mother and Giles with a hug, completely ignoring Spike’s silent presence.


He’d never tell you but he can play guitar
I think he can see through everything
But my heart
First thought when I wake up is
My god he’s beautiful
So I put on my make up
And pray for a miracle


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like the chapter….. The song Spike sung was by Goo Goo Dolls and it’s called Iris. You should really listen to how the song is sung to really get the feel of Spikes voice.



Don't forget to review and tell me what you think:)